• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Candy Jam - Fight trademark trolling by making a game

http://thecandyjam.com/

Candy Jam

Ooops sorry, 'sweet jam'
FIGHT TRADEMARK TROLLING - MAKE A GAME

Why?
Because trademarking common names is ridiculous and because it gives us an occasion to make another gamejam :D

Rules
Make a game involving candies
Consider using the word "candy" several times, also "scroll", "memory", "saga" and "apple" might give bonus points

Deadline
3rd of February

Don't know if I'll have much time between now and the due date to work on something for this, but I figured others (UnityGAF?) might be interested.

Cody_D165

Banned
Vector_dis_gon_b_gud.gif

Mihos

Gold Member
I am making a Candy Crush game about me trying to win the heart of this stripper I know.

Also there will be exploding barrel DLC.

shaowebb

Go grab the Construct 2 engine guys. It has template games already built. Just add art. Everything is wysiwyg. They dont have to be amazing just filled with candies. Release them all like mad.

https://www.scirra.com/

I am against patenting common words just to frivolously file suits and stifle the industry. Their needs to be a list of common words that CANNOT be copyrighted in attempts to blanket markets like this. It stifles the game industry.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'll see if I can wrap something up. Perhaps in the Build Engine (Blood).

Nice idea.

Haha, nice idea. I might try to make something for it, though with the Global Game Jam this weekend, the timing is a bit poor.

Damaniel

Banned
I propose a Frogger clone called Candy Rush Saga, where a healthy carrot is forced to cross a road full of quickly moving candy pieces that want to end his life.

Now if I could just find time to throw it together - I know two weeks is a long time compared to normal game jams, but I have other stuff to do too. :(

The Cowboy

The Teal'c PI Saga: The case of the candy scrolls, Searching for apples & I've lost my memory, I need sugar - stat!.

Sorry, its late and I'm hungry and I'm watching Stargate :(.

Lautaro

How about this: Candy Rush!, an infinite runner game where a kid runs faster and faster every time he eats a candy!

Holy shit, imma genius!

Damaniel

Banned
How about this: Candy Rush!, an infinite runner game where a kid runs faster and faster every time he eats a candy!

Holy shit, imma genius!

You stole the name of my game idea from above (Candy Rush Saga), and even though the game doesn't exist, the name does, and so I'm going to sue you. Assuming that King doesn't sue us both first. ;)

I really hope that their trademark gets pulled. It was granted before the standard comment period, so it's possible that after the comment period closes, that sufficient evidence might exist to have the trademark rescinded. Not holding my breath though...

Five

Banned
There's a GameMaker Community jam going on this weekend. I might just try to kill two birds with one stone.

stuminus3

I made a game called "The Makers of Candy Crush Are Fucking Pricks". It's an ARG where you go around telling people that the makers of Candy Crush are fucking pricks, before unwinding with a friendly game of Bejeweled.

kick51

Banned
Princess Candy in Edge Kingdom

You play as Princess Candy, commanding the forces of Edge Kingdom in fighting off the evil Apples, who are trying to spread health throughout your land

Im curious... if I make a game called Sugar Smash that plays identical to Candy Crush, but is coded and uses art made entirely by myself, can they sue me?

Mind if i steal this premise? Might make a : Candy Bro Saga: My Memory is fucked up so I gotta Apple/scroll you II It's straight up candy time!

Please go right ahead lol I can't program worth shit just send me a copy when you finish it
and then I'll sue for infringement ;P

Top Bottom