• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall Co-Op can be shared with a friend for free

Dibbz

Didn't know about this but if you buy the Season Pass you can share the co-op expansion and it's maps with a friend. Pretty cool thing for GG to do so you can get a friend to play co-op with you instead of having to rely on randoms.

Pair that with them making all the competitive maps free of charge, GG and Sony really are doing a lot of good stuff for the Killzone fans regarding the post launch support.

This is the way DLC should be handled imo. Of course it would be nice to get it all for free but it sounds like GG are putting in a substantial amount of work in the co-op so I don't mind paying for it. So far they've released DLC in the form of Automata skins, Spotlight moves and a Voice pack. Things which do not fracture the player base.

BerTFKMIIAA9wAI.jpg:large

I know of 2 games right now doing this, Ryse and Killzone. Really cool feature and something I wish my developers start allowing. They won't though, cause gotta get those DLC sales. :(

skynidas

Banned
the multiplayer of this game should have more people playing it, it really is great and the maps are very well designed. Launching alongside Call of Duty and Battlefield was bad for the amount of players online

Nice multiplayer/co-op strategy by the devs.

My copy of Shadowfall still sits unopened until I can make at least make it through the main story of AC4. Only a few hours left, though.

Dibbz

And what is it? Is there a whole new mini-campaign, or does it just allow co-op in the normal campaign?

Online co-op expansion pack
Focusing on team play and intense combat, the online co-op expansion pack adds a new co-operative game mode in which you and up to three online friends must survive against impossible odds. Fight waves upon waves of enemies in four new arena maps, featuring a unique leveling system and new unlocks.

There is no date at the moment for it.

Moofers

The Co-Op DLC is the reason I still have my copy! I need it in my veins!

For those wondering: Its a Horde Mode. 4 players, locking down a map fighting wave after wave. No word on how many waves, if there are fortifications/base building, classes, etc. Still waiting for details on how it all works. I'm praying its not just an empty map filled with bots swarming in. I want something more like the Gears 3 Horde Mode. I'll play the shit out of this for months if it turns out like that.

Also waiting for the release date announcement!

Mengetsu

the multiplayer of this game should have more people playing it, it really is great and the maps are very well designed. Launching alongside Call of Duty and Battlefield was bad for the amount of players online

Yea the 1000 people I see mostly is saddening. I chose this game over BF4 because of all the issues I heard about it. The game is fun but the spawn camping in TDM and people playing one side of everymap needs to go.

Arklite

I'd rather see the return Operations mode, but I like the idea of letting a friend in for free to check out the game. Kind of necessary at this point.

edit: Oh you share the DLC, not the game. Eh, better than nothing.

EL CUCO

Yea the 1000 people I see mostly is saddening. I chose this game over BF4 because of all the issues I heard about it. The game is fun but the spawn camping in TDM and people playing one side of everymap needs to go.

The spawn camping has been happening since I can remember (except for KZ2). I was kinda dissapointed that they didn't add random spawns, or spawn on squad leader but even then, people will complain.

That said, most seasoned KZ players know how to get out of a good spawn rape. I like that GG has included multiple ways to get out of the spawn. Its the noobs that get discouraged, leave, and never come back.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
playing a game with a friend, for no extra fee is a "thing" now....

i still remember coming to my friend's house to play Gears2 co-op with em, and was unable to

Sophia

Spawn camping is a non issue if you're placing support beacons down. If just one person placed a beacon away from the enemy at the start of a match, then you're fine.

I really want to know more about the Co-Op DLC, but I'm not sure I'd actually buy. The playercount is far too low now.

playing a game with a friend, for no extra fee is a "thing" now....

i still remember coming to my friend's house to play Gears2 co-op with em, and was unable to

Why were you unable to?

The spawn camping has been happening since I can remember. I was kinda dissapointed that they didn't add random spawns, but even then, people will complain.

That said, most seasoned KZ players know how to get out of a good spawn rape. Its the noobs that get discouraged, leave, and never come back.

Yea its the noobs that dont like a bad game design............

Mengetsu

The spawn camping has been happening since I can remember (except for KZ2). I was kinda dissapointed that they didn't add random spawns, or spawn on squad leader but even then, people will complain.

That said, most seasoned KZ players know how to get out of a good spawn rape. I like that GG has included multiple ways to get out of the spawn. Its the noobs that get discouraged, leave, and never come back.

Spawn camping is a non issue if you're placing support beacons down. If just one person placed a beacon away from the enemy at the start of a match, then you're fine.

This is what I always do. Support is a very OP class if used right. I only played some of KZ3 but knew how to get out the spawn trapping quickly. I'd still like to see a fix for it.

Focusing on team play and intense combat, the online co-op expansion pack adds a new co-operative game mode in which you and up to three online friends must survive against impossible odds. Fight waves upon waves of enemies in four new arena maps, featuring a unique leveling system and new unlocks.

Horde mode? How disappointing.

I would have much preferred actual co op missions, even if they were took place in preexsisting levels from the campaign.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That's really cool. I love the approach to DLC that they're taking. I hope it gives the community some life once the new maps and co-op come out.

BibiMaghoo

Something we had with all digital games on their previous console, is not now a feature to praise them over when allowed with certain titles. I am glad this is the case, and it is a good move in many ways, but we used to be able to do this with everything we purchased digitally. Now we can't.

TyrantII

GG is really hitting it out of the park.

This pretty much made up my mind I'm buying their season pass. Devs that do this stuff get my money and 100% support. If only more did so and supported their community...

Its designed for team play..... :/

Sure the intentions of the person that designed it was team play but the results differ.

You can't expect people to sit around and be killed whenever they spawn and still have the patience to get good enough to get out of a spawn rape situation :)

and call them noobs if they quit :p

You should stop playing team death match and play classic Warzone. Once you play classic Warzone it all makes sense. Last night there were 30 people playing it and it was sad. I was forced to play 24 player team death match cause that's where everyone is. When there's 30 players playing you end up playing 2 on 2 warzone which is no fun at all

GoaThief

Sure the intentions of the person that designed it was team play but the results differ.

You can't expect people to sit around and be killed whenever they spawn and still have the patience to get good enough to get out of a spawn rape situation :)

A couple of maps are badly designed which compound this issue (one of which is voted for fairly often in my experience) but this situation only occurs when a team is failing to play as a team, 24 player excluded as the maps and gameplay just don't transfer to these numbers well. In classic Warzone the above lack of team play is the cause of an "inescapable" spawn camping situation - my problem with the multiplayer is that I'm almost continuously playing support as too many seem to have an aversion to this class. It gets tiresome.

That said I disagree about not expecting people to learn how to play better or suffer the consequences, unfortunately due to this mindset nearly every shooter has such a low skill ceiling these days and features continuous rewards (KZ:SF is better than many but still miles away). There is a place for the latter but not at the expense of the former which I feel has happened in recent years.

Have they said what the co-op is going to be? Is it going to be like a player vs enemy mode, new missions or story continuation?

Kuro

You never played Radec Academy

Kuro

Phyrrus Rise was another problematic map with people getting picked off from across the map right out of spawn from snipers.

oh, didn't see this. The bolded gets me excited. *flashbacks of wonderful Resistance 2 co-op*

EL CUCO

Yeah I know what you mean. That's why I wished they would've done the spawns better. I'm sure that's a part of the reason the numbers have been dwindling. I saw it pick up during the holidays for the free weekend and then it just crashed and cut down to almost half
:-(

by sharing u need to share the same psn account? or simple giveaway code?

I think it means you can invite somebody that doesn't have the DLC to your co-op game.

Top Bottom