• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Chi (Browser Game) update adds a brand new KH world and original music

duckroll

The browser game had a recent update which added two worlds - Olympus Colosseum and Daybreak Town. The latter is a brand new world in the KH series making its appearance for the first time. Could be linked to KH3.

Yoko Shimomura also composed new music for the world. You can listen to the battle theme here: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/xmlauh5axxmh2h0/Daybreak+Town+Battle+Theme+KHX.mp3

Here's what Daybreak Town looks like:
gGS9Po0.jpg

Does this game contribute to the main story? This is the first I've heard about it.

KHInsider translated the only thing that connects to the main story
http://www.khinsider.com/news/The-Connection-Between-Kingdom-Hearts-3-and-chi-3485

You've really shaped up as a Keyblade Wielder, haven't you.

Uh-huh, you're looking really fine, too!

I think it's time to tell you, then.

Before my master, He who created me, disappeared,

He bestowed His six followers with new names, and gave five of them a tome of prophecy.

These five followers, who were to become the Foretellers, read the future written in the tome.

Apparently a passage written on the last page shocked them.

"The war in that place will lead to the defeat and destruction of the Light.
The World will be enveloped in eternal Darkness."

In order to save the future World, the five Foretellers thought to use the power hidden in the tome of prophecy.

That's the power you are all using now.

Through the cards, you are using the power of the future to try and protect the light from the darkness, and avert the future enveloped in darkness.

Also, as you know, even though the five Foretellers share the same goal, they by no means share the same will.

So, you mustn't lose sight of it yourself.

Betty

Banned
It would fit in with the way they've been theming the towns for each game.
KH1 = Traverse Town, set at night.
KH2 = Twilight Town, set in the twilight hours before dusk.
KH3 = Daybreak Town, set at morning.

Takao

Banned
A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

doemaaan

Ok, I dig the vibe of that town.

And I dig this theory.

The battle theme is pretty great. Definitely a Kingdom Hearts theme, you've gotta love Yoko Shimomura.

Wow that battle theme is pretty great.
And I definitely dig this tune. It's so catchy.
Edit: Damn, I love Yoko.

Proven

I completely forgot about Traverse Town. But yeah, this seems like an inverse of Twilight Town.

Olympus Coliseum not giving up its title as most featured Kingdom Hearts world.

That world will never die, will it. Never. Not even the heartless can destroy it.

Makes sense...Daybreak fits with the theme, Twilight Town was in CoM on the GBA, etc. etc.

...it'shappening.gif?

Daybreak? That seems rather redundant since sunrise and sunset look almost identical. Should have done a world set at noon or midnight.

Lijik

Just made an account to try this out, and the game seemingly started me off in Daybreak town. The regular music that plays in it out of battle is an upbeat version of Dearly Beloved, idk if its an original arrangement or from one of the other games
EDIT- I guess this is all tutorial stuff, was Daybreak Town always the tutorial location?

God, I just want KH3 so bad. Can't believe it's been almost 10 years since KH2.
I hope atleast FFXV comes in the next 12 months. Please Square, just this once!

The rate Nomura hands over keyblades to everyone in the story nowdays.
AHAHAHAHAHA. I just finished DDD and this couldn't be more true.

Remember how important it was in KH1 that Sora was the only Keyblade wielder and the nice twist at the end that Mickey actually had the opposite Keyblade?

You probably don't, because each subsequent game seems to render the previous games plots useless.

The horrible secret ending to DDD made me want to take a sledgehammer to my 3DS.

Just made an account to try this out, and the game seemingly started me off in Daybreak town. The regular music that plays in it out of battle is an upbeat version of Dearly Beloved, idk if its an original arrangement or from one of the other games
EDIT- I guess this is all tutorial stuff, was Daybreak Town always the tutorial location?

Yeah Daybreak Town started off as a hub. You couldn't actually do anything there or go anywhere. Now they made it an actual world.

Proven

AHAHAHAHAHA. I just finished DDD and this couldn't be more true.

Remember how important it was in KH1 that Sora was the only Keyblade wielder and the nice twist at the end that Mickey actually had the opposite Keyblade?

You probably don't, because each subsequent game seems to render the previous games plots useless.

The horrible secret ending to DDD made me want to take a sledgehammer to my 3DS.

Wasn't the issue that Sora and Mickey had found special keyblades, the Kingdom Key and whatever the other one was called? Every other keyblade seen in the series was a keyblade reflected from ones own heart. The Kingdom Key was just so important that it overwrote whatever Sora would have had. (Haven't played DDD yet; I should do that eventually...)

Top Bottom