• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk’s expansion totally overhauls the original game: Totally rebuilds’ AI, vehicle combat being implemented skill trees, loot and more

FireFly

@KyoZz and @Rush2112 I also agree that this...maybe should have been free. This to me isn't really and "addition" type thing, its elements that are too core to have been missing in the first place, AI, cops and bad guys driving cars and shooting from a car isn't an "additional" type thing, it sounds like a core element that should have been in this game day 1. Yet this is the thing many would bash EA or Ubisoft for, yet its CDPR that are doing it, even with 2042, the maps should have been fixed, the game should have launched with voice support and it should have had the score board, imagine if they just tried to charge people for some "expansion" for those very features acting as if they are providing you an extra lol

If anything, I feel those BASE features they are fixing should be free and the story expansion stuff should be paid for, I have nothing against that, but the elements they are adding shouldn't be a fucking 3 year type wait thing for Ai lol
They will be free. From the OP: "The developer says it’s still discussing the exact details of when and how base game owners will receive the new systems, but that its intention is to deploy them for free."

They already announced that the police changes and vehicular combat would be coming with a future patch. Probably some of the perks and mission types will only be available in the expansion, but that's pretty standard.

Even with all the flaws (and there are many) Cyberpunk 2077 is one of my favourite games. I never bought into the hype so I got what I expected. Witcher 3, as brilliant as it is, is still really really janky so I wasn't surprised when Cyberpunk was too.

If they can address some of the issues which it sounds like they are trying to I'll do a full replay from the start once the DLC hits.

The lighting looks absolutely outrageous with the Overdrive raytracing. It's like looking into the future of rendering from a lighting point of view at least.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So I should wait for the dlc in September before I FINALLY pick up the PS5 version? Thats what I gathered from the OP. Not shitposting I am genuinely curious.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Cyberpunk defenders can now stop pretendings game didn't need sandbox AI

I'm not sure if I misunderstand but I feel that's not what most people have said and discussed at all since the CP release. Some parts of CP was indeed disappointing, the early bugs and the NPC world simulation was part of that, and no one that I'm aware of has defended that. I bet literally no one. What many of us have said however is that CP, at least on PC, is a very good experience despite the flaws. And enemy combat AI (except police AI which was weird) together with combat ability diversity makes the sandbox experience a good one.

TLDR; World NPC simulation: Amaterurish and disappointing - Core gameplay and gfx: Pretty damn good (w/Overdrive: Fantastic).

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I can't believe I am saying this, having put 80 hours into this game, but it might be time for a second playthrough.

ebevan91

So I should wait for the dlc in September before I FINALLY pick up the PS5 version? Thats what I gathered from the OP. Not shitposting I am genuinely curious.

If you haven't played the game yet then I'd wait so you can experience the entire game including the expansion.

ShakenG

Didnt pick this up till the PS5 version was available. Had no idea i would last 1 playthrough let alone 3 and go for the platinum. Having said that, it was a tad on the easy side and it did have its issues.

Will definitely keep an eye on the expansion whether i reinstall it or not. I enjoyed it, but i also got burnt out by the end.

My favorite part is the section after "you are now here" - specifically where it says "it doesn't matter that we released all the good shit we cut out of the original as an expansion."
hcb7wjsfy4c61.png

Is this the last expansion?
It's the only expansion unfortunately. They had two full expansions planned before the game released, but due to how much of a mess the game was at release and the amount of time it took the team to fix all the mistakes, they decided to cancel one.

SCB3

Huh, I was waiting for the DLC and just gonna play that, but it may be worth a full replay at this point

SCB3

no, this time its actually believable cause its not on shitty ass generic ass POS hardware that was the ps4 and xbox one. many ppl think ps4 and xbox one were good machines, they were terrible. and cyberpunk showed the truth behind them, they could not handle the game, simple as that. cyberpunk with all the bells and whistles on PC is incredible looking, so now with next gen hardware its actually believable that all thees things are achivable.
On PC and Xbox Series X I found CP 2077 to be absolutely fine at launch with minor bugs tbh, it was the old hardware, it really should've skipped them

oji-san

Banned
Sounds good, i already liked the base game so this sounds even better, trailer looked awesome but $30 is a bit pricey.. their TW3 expansions were $20 each iirc.

RickSanchez

Gold Member
“[Original game owners] will get some of the new features… we’re still discussing how that’s going to work, and when it’s going to be, and how to solve it,” he explained.
I'm assuming this means they're trying to figure out which features are big enough improvements to be put behind the paywall of the paid DLC. A sad thought.

They should push a patch to original game owners which gives them all the core game improvements. Only the DLC missions and locations should be paid.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
The prophets were right. No one reads op.
(...) and even base game owners will receive the updates. (...)

“We also looked at the criticism for example of the open world. When you play the base game versus Phantom Liberty, you will see the difference. For example, there are car chases that happen dynamically when factions fight. AI improvements mostly extends to enemies. Your followers, like you saw with Agent Reed in the demo, can also use it, but pedestrians are mostly bug fixes.”

it is confusing. Did he mean unpatched base game? Why not say "pre-patch".

Mercador

So I guess I should wait a bit longer to try the game on my new GPU? I completed the first two acts at launch, haven't played since.

Guilty_AI

(...) and even base game owners will receive the updates. (...)

“We also looked at the criticism for example of the open world. When you play the base game versus Phantom Liberty, you will see the difference. For example, there are car chases that happen dynamically when factions fight. AI improvements mostly extends to enemies. Your followers, like you saw with Agent Reed in the demo, can also use it, but pedestrians are mostly bug fixes.”

it is confusing. Did he mean unpatched base game? Why not say "pre-patch".
just sounds like slip of the tongue

EDMIX

They will be free. From the OP: "The developer says it’s still discussing the exact details of when and how base game owners will receive the new systems, but that its intention is to deploy them for free."

They already announced that the police changes and vehicular combat would be coming with a future patch. Probably some of the perks and mission types will only be available in the expansion, but that's pretty standard.

Good find, respect!

As it should be.

Mercador

I'm in the same boat as you as I'm in the beginning-middle of Act 2 and I'm considering just waiting for this to drop....might even do a fresh restart
That what I will do, I don't remember a lot of the story anyway. I guess I'll be able to play at 1440p@60 though with the sys reqs, I should be able to run it at 2160p@60 non-RT on a 4070 (I highly doubt it though).

StueyDuck

so according to Huber on Easy Allies it's basically hardly changed. I don't know if he's confused or he's talking about something else but it sounds like nothing really has been upgraded.

Timestamp 2:37:00

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

so according to Huber on Easy Allies it's basically hardly changed. I don't know if he's confused or he's talking about something else but it sounds like nothing really has been upgraded.

Timestamp 2:37:00

According to the devs, most changes were done to the progression systems (and the game really needed it), so its unlikely for one to notice any difference with just a quick play.

Hambone

Looking forward to the expansion and all the game play changes, so will definitely be starting a new game. I doubt it will happen, but my wish-list would be for them to expand the life-path origin(s) and becoming friends with Jackie instead of that lame montage.

Top Bottom