• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Slug 3 announced for Steam

Silky

Banned
http://steamcommunity.com/app/250180/discussions/0/558746089657210648/

Hi people!

Welcome to the Metal Slug 3 Community Forums!

We are pleased to announce that we are currently running a "Closed Beta" for Metal Slug 3. If you'd like a key, be sure to "Follow" us on Twitter and "Like" us on Facebook! Alternatively, make some noise here! :)

For those who are in the beta, please leave your feedback in the "Closed Beta - Bug Reporting/Feedback" section on the right hand side! (This should only be visible to those in the beta)

Looking forward to your feedback!

SNK Playmore

That's right, SNK. Bring them NG classics on over.
Kreygasm.png

sn00zer

Metal Slug releases are infuriating....sell each individually at $10, but quietly hide their collection releases

Silky

Banned
...Oh this was JUST announced?!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250180

About the Game
“METAL SLUG 3”, the masterpiece in SNK’s emblematic 2D run & gun action shooting game series, still continues to fascinate millions of fans worldwide to this day for its intricate dot-pixel graphics, and simple and intuitive game controls! The most highly praised title in the series among Metal Slug fans for its refined balance and game volume, heads out to the Steam gaming platform!
MAIN FEATURES
・ARCADE MODE (MAIN MISSION):
Play the arcade version of “METAL SLUG 3” from the beginning, and explore 5 immense challenging stages featuring multiple branching paths to explore exciting new areas! Make your way through the deluge of fire and fight off gigantic boss characters!

・MISSION MODE (STAGE SELECT):
Play your favorite stages at will and train alone or with a brother-in-arms on the missions you have unlocked so far!

・ONLINE MISSION (ONLINE MULTIPLAYER):
Connect to Steam and clear missions with friends far away via Online Co-Op Play.
Find a fellow countryman or foreign ally and let the mission begin!

・SETTINGS:
Configure display, control, and language settings.

・GALLERY:
View original illustrations of the game that you've unlocked.

・LEADERBOARDS
Check your current rank and score in “METAL SLUG 3” at any time,
and compete with other players to become the world's No. 1 soldier!

Could a mod change the title to "Metal Slug 3 announced for Steam"

antitrop

How random. I'm hoping for the Anthology on Steam, eventually. All-in-one, baby. If they could do it on my PSP, they can do it on PC.

KDC720

Cool. Metal Slug 3 is my favorite of the Metal Slugs, but they really should just put the complete collection up.

Silky

Banned
You know? I think they're porting over their Xbox 360 releases over to Steam...MS3 didn't come out on NG station did it?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
You know? I think they're porting over their Xbox 360 releases over to Steam...MS3 didn't come out on NG station did it?

It would make sense if this is the 360 version, since it has all the features save for the Fat Island and Storming the Mothership modes, just like the 360 version did.

The 360 version was a pretty decent port (aside from the ridiculous censorship you get unless you set the language to Japanese), so I'd expect this to be largely the same.

Edit: oh, but didn't it have some shitty filter you couldn't turn all the way off? SNK ports are usually pretty lazy, so YMMV, I guess.

Amazing, doing everything I can to get into the open beta rn.

This would make sense considering 98UM and 2k2UM on the Steam database. Hopefully NGBC too, god I need NGBC with improved netcode.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oh man, did you guys look at the screenshots on the store page? I have a feeling this is going to be hot garbage:

ss_7f06da79cf2ca61497cf5c51488cd31bc33e1382.1920x1080.jpg

It's blurry as shit.

ss_95d3db45bc5b3ae410bd82ed53ca60c0a715a5c4.1920x1080.jpg

And it appears to be based on the iOS version, given this character select screen.

Silky

Banned
DotEmu is handling the port?

I wouldn't worry too much on the graphical front, if the beta results (which SNK are pretty compliant with listening to) makes enough of a voice.

sibarraz

Banned
I will prefer M2 since those guys made amazing ports for the ps3, with some good features like recording.

Which is the track record of dotemu? are they good at their job?

Silky

Banned
I will prefer M2 since those guys made amazing ports for the ps3, with some good features like recording.

Which is the track record of dotemu? are they good at their job?

Final Fantasy VII PC Port, Rayman Jungle Run (Android Port), Another World (Android/iOS),

So this is more and more sounding like an iOS to PC job. Granted FFVII PC was /okay/, right?

Also, 3 > 7 > 5 > 1 > 4 > 6 > 2 for me.

Metal Slug 2006 was awesome as well

ChronoX

Shame we can't get a release like Metal Slug Anthology on PC.

I own retail copies of Metal Slug PC Collection (Metal Slugs 1 through 6 are included), Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 5 on PC. There's also a Metal Slug Collector's Edition on PC. I'll definitely double dip for a Steam release.

antibolo

Banned
Remind me again which Metal Slug games were the best ones?

1: Very good, but obviously less refined since it's the first one. Also very easy (but that's not necessarily a bad thing).

2: Buggy garbage that should have never been released. There is no point in playing it when you could be playing X instead.

X: Much enhanced upgraded version of 2, really good, almost as good as 3.

3: The ultimate game of the series, last one by pre-bankruptcy SNK, pretty much universally considered the best of the series. You can tell it was meant to be the final game of the series, everything else after it is just blatant franchise milking from SNK Playmore.

4: Outsourced to a Korean studio, really looks botched and low budget (lots of reused sprites and backgrounds), its only saving grace is that the music is fantastic.

5: The series is now developed by SNK Playmore, unfortunately pretty underwhelming, last one on Neo-Geo hardware.

6: The only one on Sega Atomiswave hardware. It brings up a new mechanic where all characters have different stats, interesting but still not as good as the glory days of X and 3.

7: No arcade release (started on Nintendo DS, then got PSP and XBLA ports as "Metal Slug XX"). Mostly the same deal as 6.

Baust

Wasn't Metal Slug 3 part of a Humble Bundle a while ago? I wonder if they'll supply Steam keys for it now that it's coming to Steam?

thuway

This game needs a beta? Doesn't it take all of 45 minutes to complete? This might be the most milked franchise in existence.

Wasn't Metal Slug 3 part of a Humble Bundle a while ago? I wonder if they'll supply Steam keys for it now that it's coming to Steam?

I kind of doubt it. I haven't played 3 but the first one has taken me around fifteen hours so far, and 3 seems to be a lot tougher.

JustMatz

Neo Member
The online is enough reason for me, a bad thing that is not the entire antology, but maybe if the sales of this game are good we can expect the entire antology and maybe a revival of this series

Storm360

Well, I have beta access, got two friends requests from guys from SNK

Each person gets two beta keys, no NDA on the beta and streaming/videos are fine

Top Bottom