• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon leaked Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition

oldmario

Amazon user Char on the Amazon video games forum noticed something strange with the Dishonored GOTY listing on the popular online retailer. Earlier today, the product page for the Bethesda title was showing an image of what appears to be a collector's edition of upcoming MMORPG The Elder Scrolls Online.

Called The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition, it includes the following:

• Collector's Edition Box & Steelbook Packaging
• Molag Bal Statue – A collectible 12" statue featuring Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement
• Map of Tamriel – A printed map detailing alliance-controlled zones and the ultimate conquest: Cyrodiil
• Emperor's Guide to Tamriel – A 224-page illustrated guide annotated by the Imperial scholar, Flaccus Terentius

The Imperial Edition will also have exclusive digital content including the ability to play as an Imperial in any alliance, a White Imperial Horse, Mudcrab Vanity Pet, and the Rings of Mara.

YschWgY.jpg

Source

So the right to play as an Imperial, one of the races at the forefront of Tamrielic history, comes at a premium...

Edit: Yet the Mudcrab pet almost makes it seem worth it.

Lizardus

Fun fact: Imperials aren't one of the playable 9 races in the base game. This isn't just "play as an Imperial on any faction instead of one", it's the ONLY WAY to play an Imperial.

Orayn

TORtanic 2.0 "I spent like $150 on this shit" Ultimate Buyer's Remorse Edition

Oh well, I'm sure the box and steelbook are nice at least.

So you can only play as an imperial if you get the collector's edition? Or am I mixed up here?

edit:

Fun fact: Imperials aren't one of the playable 9 races in the base game. This isn't just "play as an Imperial on any faction instead of one", it's the ONLY WAY to play an Imperial.

Wow thats kinda grimy

DrBo42

Would probably bite if the hour I put into the beta didn't swear me off the lifetime of this game. The combat...my god.

So the right to play as an Imperial, one of the races at the forefront of Tamrielic history, comes at a premium...

Edit: Yet the Mudcrab pet almost makes it seem worth it.

The Imperial is just a nice goodie, it doesn't make sense for everyone to be able to play as one at this point in the timeline.

rrs

That book and map seem quite cool, but I wonder where/what the imperial race would be restricted from to be a benefit.

Kadin

TORtanic 2.0 "I spent like $150 on this shit" Ultimate Buyer's Remorse Edition

Oh well, I'm sure the box and steelbook are nice at least.
I still have two sealed SWTOR Collector's Edition cubes. I'm of the belief this was not one of the better purchases I'm made. We'll see but as sexy as this ESO Collector's Edition looks, I won't make the same mistake again.

I still have two sealed SWTOR Collector's Edition cubes. I'm of the belief this was not one of the better purchases I'm made. We'll see but as sexy as this ESO Collector's Edition looks, I won't make the same mistake again.

Shoulda ebayed that thing a few months after it came out. I remember people were paying quite a bit for it

Kadin

Shoulda ebayed that thing a few months after it came out. I remember people were paying quite a bit for it
I don't recall them ever going up in value. Hell I still saw them on shelves at Fry's almost 6 months after launch. Eventually they sold out but damn, they were not as hard to find as I thought they'd be. Either way, I'm still happy to have em if only for the fact that they have the kickass Malgus statue in them. I've got one on my desk and it's definitely one of the better CE items included with any game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Oh, a statue of the Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement. Just the mantlepiece I was looking for.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The Imperial is just a nice goodie, it doesn't make sense for everyone to be able to play as one at this point in the timeline.

Why even allow them as a playable race then in the first place?

This seems like one of the stupidest things to include in a collectors edition, and I predict that within months of launch Imperials will be available to all.
After it goes F2P.

LastNac

Oh lord....

I had just sworn of collectors editions too. Looks like I'm going back on that promise to myself. By the Nine, that is one sexy collector's edition.

I don't recall them ever going up in value. Hell I still saw them on shelves at Fry's almost 6 months after launch. Eventually they sold out but damn, they were not as hard to find as I thought they'd be. Either way, I'm still happy to have em if only for the fact that they have the kickass Malgus statue in them. I've got one on my desk and it's definitely one of the better CE items included with any game.

I'm pretty sure during launch and the month afterward they were at least $200 on ebay. But the value tanked after people got bored of the game a few months after

Why even allow them as a playable race then in the first place?

This seems like one of the stupidest things to include in a collectors edition, and I predict that within months of launch Imperials will be available to all.
After it goes F2P.

Because it is an incentive to buy that was probably super easy to make.

Wait, they're restricting a race to the collector's edition? Christ.

I don't want to sound apologetic, but this kind of CEs normally include stuff that can be found in other editions as well. So, for all we know, the "play as an imperial" goody, shameless as it is, could very well be unlockable in other cheaper editions or as a preorder bonus.

Rocket_Chips

Neo Member
Really interested in the Emperor's guide to Tamriel, but sadly nothing else in that package seems... worth it? Including the game

Really interested in the Emperor's guide to Tamriel, but sadly nothing else in that package seems... worth it? Including the game

lol I'm sure that's true

It's a printed G1 steelbook from the looks of things so at least 8,000 made. Likely triple that number at least. I severely doubt this is going to be a rare CE so I'd suggest grabbing the guide piecemeal on ebay after release if you really care

Top Bottom