• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon leaked Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition

Endless

Bigger image

1390955130-eso-imperial-edition-leak.jpg

"PLAY AS AN IMPERIAL IN ANY ALLIANCE."

Reading is hard.

I don't understand why you couldn't just take another minute to read the topic at hand before jumping in with this. Just had to get that snark in there as quickly as possible. Nice job.

The Imperial is just a nice goodie, it doesn't make sense for everyone to be able to play as one at this point in the timeline.
I don't know, it's not like everyone of Imperial blood is tainted by whatever the hell Molag Bal is doing in Cyrodiil at the time. Imperials still live in Morrowind, Skyrim, High Rock, etc. It makes perfect sense for Imperials to be able to fight for whatever faction they choose. Doesn't make much sense that they're locked behind a pay wall, though.

Bsigg12

Lot of money to spend on such a bad mmo. So much regret will be seen post launch

Pretty much. It shall be quite the time when buyers remorse kicks in. I got a chance to play in a beta weekend and god damn was it a waste of time. Once it goes F2P maybe I'll check it out to see if it's playable, but it's not worth $60 initial and $15 a month after.

UnrealEck

That physical items are great. It looks like a good box of stuff.
But the restricted digital stuff that comes with this premium edition is not a good idea. It seems every time I see something about this game it results in the reassurance that I am right in thinking it's going to be one of the most costly failures in games.

Pretty much. It shall be quite the time when buyers remorse kicks in. I got a chance to play in a beta weekend and god damn was it a waste of time. Once it goes F2P maybe I'll check it out to see if it's playable, but it's not worth $60 initial and $15 a month after.

Yep. Still regret my SWTOR collectors edition. Never again will I purchase a CE of an MMO. Also beyond tired of all the statues in CE's.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
but I dont want to play as Imperial in any alliance

anyway, looks bloody good. I have hopes for the game...few, but I need my medieval fantasy MMORPG fix

Kiant

I still have two sealed SWTOR Collector's Edition cubes. I'm of the belief this was not one of the better purchases I'm made. We'll see but as sexy as this ESO Collector's Edition looks, I won't make the same mistake again.

To be fair the Malgus Statue is pretty decent, just a shame the game turned out to be well..pants. I still hate myself for getting so hyped.

Is the book a mislabeled Pocket Guide to the Empire?

I don't particularly want to buy or have any part in a Elder Scrolls MMO, but I'm still kicking myself for not getting the CE of Oblivion that had a Pocket Guide.

MapleMerchant

Neo Member
I'm completely torn, on the one hand I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan contributing to at least 30 percent of those 20 million Skyrim sales, but on the other hand this game looks bad and from the beta version I played it isn't Elder Scrolls adapted to play as an mmo it's an mmo adapted to kinda look like Elder Scrolls, taking nothing from the fantastic Skyrim engine and making the signature first person looky thingy they got goin on and just making it a porthole to your sub par mmo experience. Good luck doing any better than the Old Republic which at least had work put into it.

Restricting the Imperial race to only CE buyers is kinda stupid. This game already had enough negative PR, might as well throw this on top.

Myafterhours

Neo Member
Does it say what the Rings of Mara do?

I believe its bonus XP with people you share the ring with. I remember reading that it can be obtained in game. Maybe they made it exclusive to the CE or maybe there are other ways to access it in game.

The_Monk

It seems a decent Collector's Editions following a similar style of Skyrim CE with a figurine and a map.

I'm actually curious to try this game and see if I could sink some decent hours in it but with a monthly fee it's just a no go for me unfortunately as I already pay for PS+ for all the other Online multiplayer needs. Either way I hope this game to be good and I hope people to have great fun with it.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Give me the stuff, and keep the game/subscription fee. That statue is sweet lookin.

Well thanks to this Imperial bullshit I won't be paying a cent for this game. Duck the developers for holding something so important as a player race hostage behind a ''collector's'' paywall.

It feels kinda wrong, the idea of people running around with mudcrab pets. Like...It just goes against everything that is TES to me.

Every new piece of information that comes out about this game just paints a worse and worse picture. I know that a lot of people that worked on this game are going to suffer greatly by this game's inevitable bombing, but I cannot help but be fascinated by being able to witness this upcoming disaster of Titanic proportions.

I am sure the cool extras will eventually end up being like $5 in the not too distant future anyways.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It feels kinda wrong, the idea of people running around with mudcrab pets. Like...It just goes against everything that is TES to me.

I know. It's been ingrained in my mind that, after witnessing their first, one should never want to see another mudcrab.

Also, it's because most of Elder Scrolls Online is just cribbing what other MMOs do, namely that MMO, and slapping an Elder Scrolls skin on it. Of course it goes against everything that TES is.

Dead

well not really...yet
The book does look legit. Between that and the one that came with Skyrim it's nice to see one company not release those utter joke ~80 page mini artbooks.

Looking forward to pet battles addon: your mudcrab against my cliff racer....

Bleh, bad taste in my mouth. Going to play Daggerfall to get it out of the system.

Officially announced today

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1485918-pre-ordercenew-video-learn-more/

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/01/29/pre-order-eso-now

Pricing

The Physical Imperial Edition is extremely limited in quantity and available for pre-order now through participating retailers for $99.99 (€99.99/£89.99).

The Elder Scrolls Online Digital Imperial Edition includes the base game and all digital content outlined for the Physical Imperial Edition above and retails for $79.99 (€79.99/£69.99).

Pre-order open at

Game UK

Gamestop US

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Damn it. Didn't even want this game but as an Elder Scrolls fan that package is hard to resist.

Top Bottom