• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop lists Mind0 for western release via Aksys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Mankoto posted this in the PSN thread but he's a junior.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/mind-zero/113701

From Aksys Games and Acquire, the studios that brought Gladiator Begins comes Mind Zero, an exciting dungeon-crawler RPG for the PlayStation Vita! Kei, a high school student is given the power of "Mind," the ability to control a persona with powerful abilities. However, "Mind" is much more than it seems. With the government and others tracking them down, what will Kei and his friends discover about themselves, but more importantly, about this mysterious power?

Features:
  • 50+ Hours of Gameplay - Mind Zero offers not only replayability, but non-stop action! Complete the game and unlock a new dungeon to play!
  • Mind Blowing Battle System - Mind Zero's battle system offers players challenging action. To succeed learning to use your "Mind" and mind is pivotal.
  • Free Roaming Map - Allows players to buy items, advance the story or enter dungeons to level up!
  • Unique Characters & Moves - Each party member has a unique "Mind" and abilities. Switch out party members to advance their skills and master all characters!
  • A Compelling Story - Mind Zero is not only action-packed game, but a complex, suspenseful story. Delve deep into the mythos and compelling characters as the story unfolds.

Release date is set for May 27th for $39.99.

Here's the Import OT.

kick51

Banned
From Aksys Games and Acquire, the studios that brought Gladiator Begins comes Mind Zero, an exciting dungeon-crawler RPG for the PlayStation Vita!

I love this whole sentence so much!

Yuuichi

Oh-ho, colour me interested in this one. I thought about importing it and got lazy, I'll definitely grab it if it comes out here.

Vamphuntr

I remember the impressions being quite bad about that one in the import thread. Many were saying they wouldn't beat it because it was awful.

Eusis

Interesting. And it figures Vita would be a refuge for niche JRPG or similar games, this is one I'll keep an eye on at any rate.

EDIT:

I remember the impressions being quite bad about that one in the import thread. Many were saying they wouldn't beat it because it was awful.
Oh, that's disappointing. Still want to keep my eye on it just in case though.

Shinta

Banned
Of all the super niche RPGs coming over this year, I thought this one looked like it had the most potential.

I have no idea if that potential was ever realized though. Anyone played it?

Would it? Thought the game was a shameless P3 knockoff...

I don't think there's anything wrong with aping another successful game's style, as long as it's done well. Heard mixed reviews on this, however (well, mostly that it felt low budget/was mediocre, but I found one guy that really likes it).

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
did Japan like this game?

Not particularly. Amazon Japan reviews average out at a solid 2/5 stars for 46 reviews. It's also selling there for about $14 new despite being a relatively recent release, which is also a pretty solid indicator that the market there didn't particularly take to it. Japanese game prices fluctuate wildly, but they don't hit that territory with factory sealed copies that fast unless it either bombed or too many copies were manufactured, often a mixture of both, like was probably the case with this game.

Curious to see it even picked up for a localization knowing all that. I wonder if the publisher is doing it in an effort to recoup costs, not unlike what happened with Tokitowa.

Edit: As it turns out, the majority of those reviews are 1/5 stars, no less. It just barely has enough higher ratings from other reviews on Amazon that it didn't completely bottom out.

Shinta

Banned
Not particularly. Amazon Japan reviews average out at a solid 2/5 stars for 46 reviews. It's also selling there for about $14 new despite being a relatively recent release, which is also a pretty solid indicator that the market there didn't particularly take to it. Japanese game prices fluctuate wildly, but they don't hit that territory with factory sealed copies that fast unless it either bombed or too many copies were manufactured, often a mixture of both, like was probably the case with this game.

Curious to see it even picked up for a localization knowing all that. I wonder if the publisher is doing it in an effort to recoup costs, not unlike what happened with Tokitowa.

It's not that surprising to me, given the similarities with Persona. It has a chance at modest sales here for Vita RPG fans. It would be nice if the game was good though.

ohlawd

Famitsu have it 30/40. So ehh?

It sold like 15K its first week then dropped off the charts
k pass on the game then. Didnt really ask for sales tho but if Japan didn't like it, I prolly won't either.

I don't really care about it being a Persona clone or whatever as long as it was good. Not the case here huh

Zeranium

k pass on the game then. Didnt really ask for sales tho but if Japan didn't like it, I prolly won't either.

I don't really care about it being a Persona clone or whatever as long as it was good. Not the case here huh
Taking a gander at the Import OT for the game...
Parakeetman wasn't so fond of it.

Eusis

The bits about battles in the import impressions thread are the most alarming. This is EXACTLY the kind of stuff that made me decide gameplay >>> story, because why suffer to reach a good story? Nevermind that I get the impression the story goes bad one way or another by the end anyway.

mankoto

I remember being hyped when the game was first revealed. But then gameplay was shown it looked and sounded terrible. I'm really gonna pass on this one.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I just read some impressions of this game and they were not that good. In fact, they said the game is awful.

I was already wary of this game, but I'm pretty sure it's a hard pass now. I wish Aksys would of skipped over this too, there are a lot of other things they could spend their time on.

nampad

I was hyped for this because even if it is a blatant ripoff and not as good as the original, i want more Persona.

Unfortunately the impressions are really bad so I don'z have any hopes gir this game anymore.

Still, nice to see even these niche titles getting a localization. The Vita won't go away in Japan and as long as we get localizations, there is a steady stream of games.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Are there a sizable amount of pretty girls?
If not, I'm not interested as there are many other games coming to the Vita this year.

Shojx

I remember being so interested in this game once it was announced and as we learned a bit more about it. I was really getting some Persona-styled vibes from it. But as it got closer to release, I started getting the impression that the game was facing some budget issues. Not sure whether I thought it looked a bit rushed, or just... poorly designed, or something. I don't know.

Regardless, I'd still really like to try this game out.

Aksys is great with localization so I'm sure they'll do a good job on their end.

Out of all the cool-looking, Persona-resembling titles out there, the one I want to see localized the most is Sol Trigger.
If this was news that Aksys was localizing that game, I'd probably be flipping out right now. Fingers crossed for a Vita remake in the future!

vall03

I totally forgot about this game because of Demon Gaze and Conception II. I'm also surprised at the impressions. But as long as it gets a retail release, I think I'll still try the game out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom