• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor: ReFantazio PS Store Wishlist Page Features New Gameplay Loop Description

Metaphor-ReFantazio-696x392.jpg

Wishlist pages on the PlayStation Store have gone up for Metaphor: ReFantazio in Japan and Asia. The Hong Kong page includes a new description for the game, with an overview of Metaphor‘s features.

One of these bullet points describes the gameplay loop of what players will partake in during the day, and what they will be doing at night.

From the creative minds behind Persona 3, 4, and 5 comes Metaphor: ReFantazio, a unique fantasy world, where your protagonist will journey alongside his fairy companion, Gallica, to lift the curse from the kingdom’s lost prince. Control your destiny, face your fears and awaken magical “Archetype” powers that lie dormant in your heart. By awakening to an “Archetype,” you will unlock the power to channel and combine the abilities of unique job classes. Strengthen your bonds and build your party to take down powerful foes and discover the kingdom’s true nature.
Key Features:
  • Go on quests, dungeon dive, & hunt for treasures by day. Strengthen relationships, build bonds, & increase virtues by night. Choose your actions wisely, time management is key to achieving your goal.
  • Ride your “gauntlet runner” to faraway dungeons & towns across an expansive world. Discover beautiful landscapes  accompanied by captivating music, immersive UI, & anime cutscenes.
  • A unique battle system combining turn based & real time action grants strategy & exhilaration at every turn. Party customization through “Archetypes” provides freedom to personalize your adventure.
  • A mysterious & exciting story unfolds in a world where people must fight their own anxiety. Join the high-stakes Royal Tournament that promises hours of captivating exploration and discovery.
The Xbox Japan page confirms that the game will be rated Cero C (ages 15 and up) in Japan for “Crime” and “Violence.” (via @MbKKssTBhz5)

Metaphor: ReFantazio will be released worldwide in Fall 2024 for the Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, PS4, PS5, and Steam.

And 3 of them close to another big release.

Persona 3 Reload was close to Granblue Fantasy Relink
Unicorn Overlord close to FFVII Rebirth
Shin Megami Tesnei V is same day as Elden Ring Expansion....

Atlus...
what-are-you-doing-man-colin-jost.gif
I'll be honest and say that while I plan on playing all of Atlus' games they release this year, I'm most excited about Metaphor. Everything they've shown so far really speaks to me, and it looks like it will have a good release window. :messenger_sunglasses:

april6e

I don't know what to even make of this game even with seeing gameplay. Obviously there is some interest there because I love the modern Persona trilogy and they are clearly trying to draw in that crowd. But then you read the story description and it sounds like the most generic thing ever. They have released games in the past that are clearly trying to draw in the Persona crowd (Catherine and Tokyo Mirage Sessions) but they both sorta flopped. I guess I'll wait for reviews to see if it'll be a hidden gem.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
(Catherine and Tokyo Mirage Sessions) but they both sorta flopped.
Catherine didn't flopped, in fact its multiplayer was in EVO....I personally LOOOVED Catherine.

I have good reason to be hyped for Hashino new game, because his the one who made Nocturne which introduced entire "press Turn system" to SMT series and his the one he made Persona series so popular and he also made very interesting puzzle game like Catherine.

When Hashino makes new game, I'm there day one.

But then you read the story description and it sounds like the most generic thing ever.
In 13 Sentinels on the surface level story description is about high school kids riding mecha to fight alien invasion, that also sounds "generic" but if you played the game you would see its faaaaaaar from it.

Last edited:

zedim

Neo Member
Just cant understand why this game looks so bad after the success of persona 5. both Shin megami tensei v and persona 3 reload look better than this technichally. They should've changed to Unreal Engine as well like the other ATLUS teams.

This game looks like a game freak pokemon game will look on switch 2

This will be great. I don't quite understand why a few aren't liking the look of this. I think it will be very well received with the Atlus A team behind it.

I just hope no early DLC or pre-order fuckery.
Dunno about them, but I like that Atlus turned their stylish UI to 11 for this. I also loooove the character design. (I'm in a rush so can't drop more quality gifs, but I'll return later with some :p).

metaphor-refantazio-metaphorrefantazio.gif

Madjaba

Kind of burnt out of the Persona high school environment.

Can't wait to do exactly the same things but in a fantasy setting !

And that artistic direction, oh my !

Hudo

Dunno about them, but I like that Atlus turned their stylish UI to 11 for this. I also loooove the character design. (I'm in a rush so can't drop more quality gifs, but I'll return later with some :p).

metaphor-refantazio-metaphorrefantazio.gif
Hot damn that looks stylish as fuck.

Say what you want about Persona 5 but that was the first game that actively made me aware of cool UI design that also does not insist upon itself (i.e. being able to just quickly mash through and getting shit done).

Hot damn that looks stylish as fuck.

Say what you want about Persona 5 but that was the first game that actively made me aware of cool UI design that also does not insist upon itself (i.e. being able to just quickly mash through and getting shit done).
Speaking of their cool UI, I've went through the two Metaphor trailers they've released so far and made several gifs with the dope af UI.

4IBdQwl.gif

pdzo5X5.gif

KPVKsFS.gif

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Atlus have really become the kings of UI since Persona 5.

And based on the Persona 3 Reload tech videos, it's impressive that all the action in the menus background is not static or animated art, it's the in-game models with filters applied on them.

Madonis

I think this game has a nice concept on paper, the setting sounds interesting and everything seems quite visually striking, but I am also waiting to read a complete preview or two.

Dundar

The animation style and coloring really does not deserve youtube or gif reduction of quality. It's going to be great in 4k60.

Reactions: Isa
Really excited for this, and I just ordered a Steam Deck OLED finally so that will be my place to play. It’s basically a Persona game in everything but name, I expect it to challenge for my personal GOTY.

Hudo

So, I guess we'll see the next bigger marketing push with some new gameplay after the launch SMT5 Vengeance? They probably want marketing to focus on that game first.

Reactions: Isa

Go_Ly_Dow

So, I guess we'll see the next bigger marketing push with some new gameplay after the launch SMT5 Vengeance? They probably want marketing to focus on that game first.
Makes sense. The marketing push can't be far off with about 5 months until this supposedly releases. I think I'll watch one more trailer and then go on a blackout as I was sold when this was announced.

I think they have some kind of Xbox agreement so I guess rather than at a Sony event you'll see it at both whenever the next Xbox showcase is and then probably at or around Summer Games Fest as it's neutral territory.

Although I may be wrong!

Top Bottom