• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother Brain confirmed for Smash Bros. as assist trophy

Fiktion

Banned
zlCfzReICb0LNed28r

Pic of the day. Housed within the Control Capsule! Protected by Rinkas! Eyeball armed with a Laser Brain Attack!! The massive Assist Trophy Mother Brain joins the collection!!

HUELEN10

I hope people don't go crazy saying that Aurora Unit 412 shows up instead when you play as her or something crazy like that. That being said, that's awesome.

Dr. Buni

As a Metroid fan, I am very happy to see Mother Brain present as an assist trophy. Now we just need Ridley
and Dark Samus
as playable characters to be perfect.

As a Metroid fan, I am very happy to see Mother Brain present as an assist trophy. Now we just need Ridley
and Dark Samus
as playable characters to be perfect.
I second this. Gotta be having plenty of representation from the best Nintendo franchise!
Especially since some of its reps have been tarnished by the betrayal that was Other M...

Dr. Buni

I second this. Gotta be having plenty of representation from the best Nintendo franchise!
Especially since some of its reps have been tarnished by the betrayal that was Other M...
Yess. I like you. Metroid is hands down the best franchise Nintendo has ever created.

Hylian7

Thread title should have been "MB from Other M in SSB4"

Mother Brain technically appears in the intro sequence

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Nice, but I still want a playable Metroid.

Because some people that don't keep up to date on the mega thread will be interested?

The fake images done for laughs, which I'm fine with, also make it hard to quickly scan a thread and see what is new.

RedBoot

Pit, Megaman & now Mother Brain. Keep the Captain N alumni coming Sakurai!

Hmm, who's left? King Hippo and Eggplant Wizard both have reasonable chances at being assist trophies. We'd just have to get Simon Belmont as another 3rd party character, which isn't going to happen.

Game Guru

Pit, Megaman & now Mother Brain. Keep the Captain N alumni coming Sakurai!

Now we only need Eggplant Wizard and King Hippo as Assist Trophies and Simon Belmont from Castlevania as a playable character and we'll have a real reunion!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hmm, who's left? King Hippo and Eggplant Wizard both have reasonable chances at being assist trophies. We'd just have to get Simon Belmont as another 3rd party character, which isn't going to happen.
This is just a weird statement to make when the contrary happened with a character by the same company.

I really hope Simon Belmont is going to make it.
It'd be sooooooo awesome.

ant1532

Banned
Because they are confirmations of who is not on the roster.
oh yeah because everyone was expecting to play as mother brain, how can i forget..

Because some people that don't keep up to date on the mega thread will be interested?
smashbros.com or click last page on the thread where the picture and news is quoted and talked about every night
New Info->New Thread
assist trophies are pretty minimal as new information, especially because there is a large amount of them. it's pretty darn redundant to post a thread for each one.

smashbros.com or click last page on the thread where the picture and news is quoted and talked about every night

And if they forget one night where something was announced, or don't want to check every night when most of the time it's nothing?

No one's holding a gun to your head and making you click on this thread, although I am deeply sorry if they are.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
oh yeah because everyone was expecting to play as mother brain, how can i forget..

assist trophies are pretty minimal as new information, especially because there is a large amount of them. it's pretty darn redundant to post a thread for each one.

assist trophies are far from minimal info, ESPECIALLY new assist trophies, there will certainly be a larger amount of characters than there are ATs so your own logic fails here.

MAtgS

Captain N himself, who serve as a rep of Nintendo hardware he uses weaponized controllers & lightguns.

RedBoot

This is just a weird statement to make when the contrary happened with a character by the same company.

If Konami puts a character in here, I'd expect it to be Snake again. I don't think we're going to see more than one playable character from a single 3rd party company.

Captain N himself, who serve as a rep of Nintendo hardware he uses weaponized controllers & lightguns.

That'd be awesome, but I get the feeling the Japanese side of Nintendo probably doesn't even know the show exists. Plus, there might actually be rights issues with the character.

ant1532

Banned
assist trophies are far from minimal info, ESPECIALLY new assist trophies, there will certainly be a larger amount of characters than there are ATs so your own logic fails here.

my own logic fails? haha, please dude. there was 27 in the last game... that's not a large number? well i guess that's subjective then. never said there's more than playable characters. plus say theres another 27... that's 27 threads. for assist trophies... far from minimal info? they appear on screen for 10 seconds. it's equivalent to an item, or a move. i would say a thread worthy one would be if say, a playable character from the past gens game turned into an assist trophy. or maybe if ridley was announced as an assist trophy just because of gaf's strange hyper obsession with him to be playable...

juuuust my opinion.

And if they forget one night where something was announced, or don't want to check every night when most of the time it's nothing?

No one's holding a gun to your head and making you click on this thread, although I am deeply sorry if they are.

I kinda wish people weren't putting all the announcements in the damn thread titles though. I'd be able to ignore the threads if it involved not clicking them, but the only way to not have everything spoiled is to not browse gaf at all.

MisterHero

There is the possibility that at least one character is getting promoted from Assist Trophy status.
Little Mac?
Some ATs are characters that may or may not have been in the casting pool.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thread is fine. Quit yer bitchin and get back to discussing the content, like whether or not Mother Brain's texture constitutes as "next gen" or not.

I won't post the images/names in case of spoilers but I think with this 3/5 confirmed Assist Trophies in this Smash are brand new so far.

Mother Brain looks good and I hope they go full-on with ATs in this game, especially 3D versions of retro characters/designs.

Top Bottom