• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC Version release date March 17th? Amazon says so.

Got an email from amazon.co.uk saying that's the day I will have the game.

Just a month ago or so got another email saying they didn't know when I was going to get it.

Lock if old.

antitrop

I doubt it. If the delay was really only 6 days, I think they would have been a bit more up front about it.

I don't live in UK but in Spain. Preorderd it on Amazonc.o.uk 'cause it was cheaper.

I always get the games from co.uk a few days after the release date.

Orayn

Fingers crossed. Amazon UK estimated Match 27-29 a short while back IIRC, so this isn't too hard to believe.

Zornack

Please be real. I don't want to play it on the my PS3, especially because my friend group is split between 360s and PS3s.

Steez

Don't get your hopes up, guys. People on reddit are reporting various dates that Amazon has "confirmed" through email.

It's most likely just an error :(

Why is everyone so negative about that release date when its actually AFTER the console versions, shouldnt the game be coming out at the same time?

I think the delay will be at least of a month, because that's the most relevant sales-month for most publishers.

I'm sorry guys, I wish it was out the same time as the consoles, but I just don't see any publisher doing that unless they're selling a game as a service, rather than a standalone product.

It's still a placeholder I suppose. Why would it release only a couple days after the console versions?
The way Namco put it gave me the impression PC releases a few weeks after console versions.

Lulubop

I think the delay will be at least of a month, because that's the most relevant sales-month for most publishers.

I'm sorry guys, I wish it was out the same time as the consoles, but I just don't see any publisher doing that unless they're selling a game as a service, rather than a standalone product.

What.

Anyway, sounds good to me.

Is this one of those... "Get everyone to buy the last-gen console versions and then a few weeks later they'll all double-dip for the supreme PC, High-Def, 1080p version" things?

mannerbot

PC Black Armour Edition is back in stock, I ordered one earlier since the US isn't getting it. ~$49 including shipping.

dani_dc

While this is likely a guess, Namco always mentioned the pc version was going to be released within the launch window of consoles/soon after, so I have no idea why people keep expecting the game to come months after the console version. It's basically an idea that everyone took as a fact due to amazon.de own release date guess.

Steez

Is this one of those... "Get everyone to buy the last-gen console versions and then a few weeks later they'll all double-dip for the supreme PC, High-Def, 1080p version" things?

I think this is one of those "get everybody to buy the console version first, because we're scared of piracy on PC" things.

I wouldn't be surprised if the PC port gets delayed to 2015.

shut-up.gif

Top Bottom