• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DAT HIGH PING DOE

Still got it

Yep, MVP. Despite being nearly 300ms pingtime. Yeahhhhhhh.
Engineer is still an easy modo class

(Bonus: My Retail BC2 and Origin bought DLC carries over to the Steam Deluxe version I bought. So I got a second set of Steam CD-keys for BC2. Heh.)

Bad Company 2 still fun all these years later, despite balance issues that I bitched endlessly about. Shame half that team
(besides Goldfarb, could leave him out given what he did with Payday 2. *no hate, just saying*)
has left DICE-DICE now. :(

DAT HIGH PING DOE

Still got it

Yep, MVP. Despite being nearly 300ms pingtime. Yeahhhhhhh.
Engineer is still an easy modo class

(Bonus: My Retail BC2 and Origin bought DLC carries over to the Steam Deluxe version I bought. So I got a second set of Steam CD-keys for BC2. Heh.)

Bad Company 2 still fun all these years later, despite balance issues that I bitched endlessly about. Shame half that team
(besides Goldfarb, could leave him out given what he did with Payday 2. *no hate, just saying*)
has left DICE-DICE now. :(

i wonder how well BC2 runs on a Surface Pro...

TheSeks

Probably decent on Low/Med? The problem would be heat dissipation.

94a5bec778.jpg

Still lost.

Had a couple of wonderful matches in the Vietnam expansion as well.

TheSeks

What was your ping though? The full server on Vietnam I had was a ping of 96 that was filled with a bunch of 200+ pings which put me in the 300ping range.

If the pings were resonable/non-European or Asian I'd probably play BC2 a bit more.

What was your ping though? The full server on Vietnam I had was a ping of 96 that was filled with a bunch of 200+ pings which put me in the 300ping range.

If the pings were resonable/non-European or Asian I'd probably play BC2 a bit more.

Pretty decent, around 100. I checked a few times and it was usually less than that. Most of the players in the server seemed to have decent ping as well, but I haven't kept checking on them much.

Game has around 2k people playing right now, more than Titanfall on PC. >.>

TheSeks

Pretty decent, around 100. I checked a few times and it was usually less than that. Most of the players in the server seemed to have decent ping as well, but I haven't kept checking on them much.

Hmmm... will have to try the non-Vietnam servers once I'm done unlocking the class stuff for Medic, Support, Engineer.

Game has around 2k people playing right now, more than Titanfall on PC. >.>

lol Titanflop lol
. But of course, the true test is the amount of people playing BC2 on consoles versus PC.

I haven't played much since the launch of China Rising and easing my way back in - first off I hate the sheer amount of things that are unlocked via assignments along with the ridiculously long attachment grinding on top of that... anyway, what did I miss, what are the best/worst weapons/vehicles/setups etc. now

TheSeks

I haven't played much since the launch of China Rising and easing my way back in - first off I hate the sheer amount of things that are unlocked via assignments along with the ridiculously long attachment grinding on top of that... anyway, what did I miss, what are the best/worst weapons/vehicles/setups etc. now

All of them. None of them. It really depends on how you wnat to play. I don't use ANY of the weapon attachments with certain exceptions (like the SKS with an ACOG scope, most other guns with iron sights) so it's not like you need any of them. It depends on how you feel. Same with vehicle set-ups.

Orcus

All of them. None of them. It really depends on how you wnat to play. I don't use ANY of the weapon attachments with certain exceptions (like the SKS with an ACOG scope, most other guns with iron sights) so it's not like you need any of them. It depends on how you feel. Same with vehicle set-ups.
Mind = boggled

Why would you do this? Is it just for kicks and laughs or out of boredom? There are some attachments that have no negative side effects, they literally just make the gun better. Some attachments are more subjective like sights, but are still objectively better in that they increase viewable area and have a smaller point of aiming for accuracy. But naked, I just don't understand that.

TheSeks

Mind = boggled

Why would you do this? Is it just for kicks and laughs or out of boredom? There are some attachments that have no negative side effects, they literally just make the gun better. Some attachments are more subjective like sights, but are still objectively better in that they increase viewable area and have a smaller point of aiming for accuracy. But naked, I just don't understand that.

Just don't see the need to modify most gun stats. *shrug* I played Call of Duty 4 bare-bones as well so I'm just used to not modifying anything on the guns. With the exceptions of sights where I used the Red Dot Sight in CoD4 on the FN P90 and most other guns until I started to play the PS3 version (coming from 360) and didn't slap the red-dot on there and just used the ironsights 24/7.

Same with the scopes. I hate magnification since it throws me off on my aiming when ADS. I've had too many problems with CoD4's ACOG 4x sight zooming me into the left/right of an enemy and blocking my view from "course correction" too many times to enjoy that stuff. I mean if I was going to use anything it'd probably be the Kobra (which sucks in BF4 now and since modifying the scopes modifies them ALL, you can't adjust just that one) and red-dot (which sucks in BF3/4) for guns that have shitty ironsights (like the A-91) and that's about it. I used the Heavy Barrel now and then (like on the KH2002 which Anton Sugar/Mr. Snrub suggested to get the most "BC2 AN-94 like") in BF3 but nothing else.

The only reason I'd use the Kobra or Red Dot is because they're 1x zoom for all non-sniper guns like iron sights. But at the point: Why use them over the ironsights?

Like, I feel the silencer has no real use when MAV/T-ugs/Commander/Spotting can pick you up 24/7. No reason to have the "hide from mini-map" function. Same with most other modifications. *shrug*

I know, I'm a minority.

Just to show I'm not kidding:

http://i.imgur.com/6j8CYTR.png
http://i.imgur.com/BXFTvkb.png <---More common/preferred guns
http://i.imgur.com/QwTyUmR.png <---Only thing I use on the GOL is the Range Finder (so I'm not having to switch to PLD + Zeroing works on the GOL unlike most other snipers) and the Bipod (to remove the bullshit scope sway). That's about it outside of the normal sniper magnification scopes.
http://i.imgur.com/QTKviqn.png <---Using the ghost ring on the MP-443 is physically painful for me, but DICE fucked up the iron sights from BC2. Miss the BC2 ironsights on the MP-443. :( My gunfu.

TheSeks

In other news: Gunmaster is now live in CTE if you have a capable PC of playing BF4 on console players.,

Need to try the new guns. I still don't really care for "Gun Game" in BF and the maps right now are TOTALLY NOT BUILT for the mode, but I do like that they allow you to make the mode "pistol only" instead of primaries. Should be interesting for pistol farming?

Edit: That AN-94 being like BC2's in two-shot burst mode. *boner*

Soooo good. How I've missed you since you were shit in BF3.

Spl1nter

In other news: Gunmaster is now live in CTE if you have a capable PC of playing BF4 on console players.,

Need to try the new guns. I still don't really care for "Gun Game" in BF and the maps right now are TOTALLY NOT BUILT for the mode, but I do like that they allow you to make the mode "pistol only" instead of primaries. Should be interesting for pistol farming?

Edit: That AN-94 being like BC2's in two-shot burst mode. *boner*

Soooo good. How I've missed you since you were shit in BF3.

That looks like one of the best iron sights in the game easily. Very COD type iron sight. Based on limited experience last night, an-94 is a headshot machine. But the RPM/Burst makes it really bad in CQB.

TheSeks

That looks like one of the best iron sights in the game easily. Very COD type iron sight. Based on limited experience last night, an-94 is a headshot machine. But the RPM/Burst makes it really bad in CQB.

Set it in full-auto for CQB. It'll murder fools in hip-fire or ADS full-auto that way.

But the BEST THE BEST THE BEST news is THEY FUCKING FIXED THE GODDAMN TWO SHOT BURST. OMG.

acwv0oA.gif

People are complaining about the Rate of Fire, but honestly: I feel the gun is perfect as it is. If they buff the RoF... woof.

People are complaining about the Rate of Fire, but honestly: I feel the gun is perfect as it is. If they buff the RoF... woof.

The RPM for the AN-94 in BF3 was 1200 in burst mode.

It was as powerful if not more so than the M16. The difference seems to be that the majority went for the piss easy M16 because they can't be arsed to git gud with the AN-94.

Also, never ever ever ever ever use full auto on an AN-94.

Ever.

TheSeks

Also, never ever ever ever ever use full auto on an AN-94.

It's the only way to use it in BF3 since the two-shot burst jams despite getting into the "rhythm" of the TAKKA-TAKKA-TAKKA. In BF3 it'd be more like "TAKKA-TAK*CHICKCHIKCHICK*"

At least in full-auto it'd be more like "TAKKATAKKATAK-TAKKATAKKATA-TAKKATAKKATAKKA."

That's not to mention the second-shot in two-shot burst would jump higher than the first shot which goes against the main selling feature of the gun.

It's the only way to use it in BF3 since the two-shot burst jams despite getting into the "rhythm" of the TAKKA-TAKKA-TAKKA. In BF3 it'd be more like "TAKKA-TAK*CHICKCHIKCHICK*"

At least in full-auto it'd be more like "TAKKATAKKATAK-TAKKATAKKATA-TAKKATAKKATAKKA."

That's not to mention the second-shot in two-shot burst would jump higher than the first shot which goes against the main selling feature of the gun.

Full-auto on the AN-94 is garbage.

The gun rarely, if ever, jammed for me.

The second shot does not jump higher, that's completely false.

TheSeks

Full-auto on the AN-94 is garbage.

Except it worked in close-quarters PLUS DIDN'T JAM.

The gun rarely, if ever, jammed for me.

Then you're lucky, because the stupid "rhythm" of the gun was off in BF3 and jammed if you came from BC2. Pretty damn often.

The second shot does not jump higher, that's completely false.

Yes it does, but millimeters it's slightly higher than the first. Despite the fact the gun's "two-shot burst" was supposed to negate that. It's why the barrel of the gun retracts in that mode toward the shooter before the second burst fires off.

In any case, DirectX errors mean I think I'm done messing about with CTE for a few days.

Burst fire mode worked fine in CQC

The gun had a totally OP burst mode in BF3, much more powerful than in BC2 as far as I'm aware.

The second shot does not go higher. Are you saying the second bullet has recoil applied to it?

TheSeks

Burst fire mode worked fine in CQC

They must've fixed it then. Because I tried the AN-94 at launch went "nope, nerfed hard from BC2" and dumped it. Due to jamming in burst and the second-shot recoil (which is supposed to be removed since that's the main fucking selling feature of the gun) threw the second shot off.

The gun had a totally OP burst mode in BF3, much more powerful than in BC2 as far as I'm aware.

BF3's AN-94 felt nothing like the BC2 gun. Maybe it did on PC (again: Dumped it due to it sucking shit at launch to where I never went back to see if DICE ever fixed it) but it was pretty damn poor a replacement coming from BC2. It's like DICE looked at the most overused guns in BC2 that they were bringing to BF3 and said "NERF. ALL THE GUNS!" (Except the G3 which actually was DAMN GOOD in BF3)

The second shot does not go higher. Are you saying the second bullet has recoil applied to it?

Yes, which wasn't supposed to be there in two-shot burst but was and threw the second shot off. The AN-94's two-shot burst is supposed be kinda like a "DMR" (but not really a DMR) but wasn't.

Meanwhile in a moment of irony: The KH2002 with a heavy barrel basically was the BF3 "AN-94" for BC2 players.

Has anyone maxed out the battlepacks for all the weapons? I've finshed everything but the dmrs which I hate.

Gold will give you accessories for the DMR's then.

They did adjust the AN-94 alongside several other weapons at least once in BF3's lifespan. It may have been bad at release, but when I was playing the game, it was a really good weapon with a fairly high skill ceiling.

The KH2002 was constantly jamming on me, and many other players as well. In the case of the AN-94, you were able to avoid that issue once you stuck to a rhythm.

Regarding the second bullet: Look man, the game couldn't even register the recoil for the second bullet of any gun in the game that had over 900 RPM for burst and auto. What you're saying is completely false.

Remember how they tried to change the FAMAS and other weapons in BF4 because the game couldn't even respond fast enough to give their second bullets recoil when in full auto or burst?

The Groza 1 is my new favorite Carbine.

TheSeks

Regarding the second bullet: Look man, the game couldn't even register the recoil for the second bullet of any gun in the game that had over 900 RPM for burst and auto. What you're saying is completely false.

AN-94__.png

First shot, second shot, third shot, fourth shot. All going up.

KH2002__H.%20Barrel.png

First shot, second shot, third shot, fourth shot. All going up.

The AN-94 one isn't using the heavy barrel while the KH2002 is. Talk about being disingenuous.

Also, those accuracy plots do not properly take into account the 2 round burst for the AN-94 (as it has been mentioned in the forums of the website you got the charts from IIRC).

Fact of the matter is, the 2 round burst for the AN-94 in BF3 have the exact same recoil. the ONLY difference is the spread increase for the second bullet.

Here's a post from that forum showing that.
Notice how how that horizontal 2 round burst is only possible if the 2 bullets got the same recoil value.

Again, the damn game could not even properly handle applying recoil for the second bullet when bursting or auto on +900RPM weapons.

Donos

O M F G. AN-94 is coming ????? Fuuuuuuuuu, i'm going to stop my Bloodborne playthrough immediately when it hits. Hope i can use it as good as i did with M/KB on PC.

Caspian Border and Operation Mortar are the two best maps in the game. I wish there were servers that only ran them. There is one that I frequent that runs only Caspian and Firestorm, but Firestorm is boring.

I know the one with Firestorm and i hate that map too but i have another Server as favourite with 24/7 Caspian Border 64 ppl. It's full from evening till night. Sometimes the server changes to 32 ppl with one less cap point. I really like the added wall between A / B and C

Facism

L86A2 LMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Favourite gun in BF3. Didn't use anything else for months.

Sounds like the Xbone is getting CTE soon, but isn't a bit too late now?

Source/Link?

I don't think it's too late for it. Especially considering they plan to keep this thing for future BF and other games as well. Plus having it on consoles means better feedback etc on consoles as well.

Source/Link?

I don't think it's too late for it. Especially considering they plan to keep this thing for future BF and other games as well. Plus having it on consoles means better feedback etc on consoles as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield_4_CTE/comments/30u0c1/cte_april/cpvsk2l

And towards the end of this BattleNonsense video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B40u12etY_U

He mentions Microsoft allowed EA/DICE to add the network graph while Sony refused.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield_4_CTE/comments/30u0c1/cte_april/cpvsk2l

And towards the end of this BattleNonsense video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B40u12etY_U

He mentions Microsoft allowed EA/DICE to add the network graph while Sony refused.

Nice. I imagine they'll probably try to keep this for future games as well.

Like I said, I think this will be really useful for them since PC CTE doesn't really do much when it comes to providing console specific feedback. We had the controller stuff a while back for the aim assist stuff IIRC but that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Jharp

Premium edition is currently $25. I own it on PS4 and have played alot of it, but I'm thinking about grabbing the PC version, while Hardline remains my current console shooter of choice.

Is the PC community alive and well?

TheSeks

Voted C on that third map poll.

It's the only one that had nearly even starting distances for both sides. The other two had Chinese taking a longer route to get to the flags than the US side which was "WTF" and while technically they could fix that before alpha, I'm not sure they would given the alpha.

TheSeks

I have a feeling C layout is gonna lose by a landslide. Way too boring and safe. Plus we already have Hainan Resort with the exact same layout.

Whether or not the balance in the layouts shouldn't matter, because this is simply choosing what kind of flag placement you want to see in the new map. If there ends up being a big advantage for one team due to the map layout, we would figure that out very quickly and the devs would adjust it accordingly via terrain changes and so on.

Voted B, since that actually looks interesting and strays away from the usual "give each team a couple of free flags and focus the action in the middle" layout we keep seeing in most maps.

I have a feeling C layout is gonna lose by a landslide. Way too boring and safe. Plus we already have Hainan Resort with the exact same layout.

Whether or not the balance in the layouts shouldn't matter, because this is simply choosing what kind of flag placement you want to see in the new map. If there ends up being a big advantage for one team due to the map layout, we would figure that out very quickly and the devs would adjust it accordingly via terrain changes and so on.

Voted B, since that actually looks interesting and strays away from the usual "give each team a couple of free flags and focus the action in the middle" layout we keep seeing in most maps.

i would have went for B if it had a bit more water. it looked really dry compared to the other maps.

TheSeks

zGawOV2.png
Hainan Resort Clone 2.
zGawOV2.png
zGawOV2.png
zGawOV2.png

You say this like they added one flag to Rogue Transmission despite it being clear one side has flag advantage for... oh... two years now?

Sorry, but I don't have confidence in their map reiterating process until they SHOW me they actually listen. Hence, C.

Also if Consoles have gotten the netgraph: Turn that on and don't look back. Only issue is it overlaying on the ammo counter (unless you're able to move it like PC can?), explains some really fucking weird issues with regards to ping reporting and lag/etc.

DICE LA dev already mentioned we would be getting the map in a state earlier than Shanghai Alpha was, and that map was already pretty rough at that stage.

Pretty sure we are getting it next week or 2 in CTE actually. Not the same situation as Rogue Transmission at all. I have a feeling it's either gonna be A or B, with C losing big time.

Might be just me, but I feel like A has too much empty space with the way the flags are positioned.

Hip Hop

Does anyone here have the complete Battlefield 4 install on PC, the game and all DLC maps installed?

About to buy the season pass and just wondering how much total space it would take.

zGawOV2.png
Hainan Resort Clone 2.
zGawOV2.png
zGawOV2.png
zGawOV2.png

You say this like they added one flag to Rogue Transmission despite it being clear one side has flag advantage for... oh... two years now?

Sorry, but I don't have confidence in their map reiterating process until they SHOW me they actually listen. Hence, C.

Also if Consoles have gotten the netgraph: Turn that on and don't look back. Only issue is it overlaying on the ammo counter (unless you're able to move it like PC can?), explains some really fucking weird issues with regards to ping reporting and lag/etc.
I'd love to see the metrics on that map, would love to know if one side wins in an overwhelming fashion, like Noshahr Canals.

Top Bottom