• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes companion app detailed (Mother Base & Game stats SHOWN!)

Batzi

Banned
l_530601411854c.jpg

l_53060144f204b.jpg

l_53060145180e4.jpg

l_5306014310469.jpg

l_5306014484792.jpg

l_530601449d600.jpg

MGSV-GZ-Boot-Camp-Japan-Tablet1.jpg

More info here: http://gamersyndrome.com/2014/news/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-companion-app-detailed/

Wow! I didn't think there would be any sort of Mother Base interaction in Ground Zeroes. I'm guessing that this base development carries over into The Phantom Pain, right? Thanks for sharing!

Guessing it's like an IOS version of PW's Motherbase menu, I doubt it'll be intrinsic to Ground Zeroes though because it doesn't have enough missions. I think it is it's own thing. Progression will probably be based on an Outer Ops-style minigame that you play through the App, not GZ. Kind of like that Chop app they released with GTAV. It might unlock some special items for the main game, though.

Nibel

The micromanagement part was very cool in Peace Walker, and I always felt like there was room to do way more - hope that both GZ and TPP will realize everything that the concept offers
without F2P shit please

creid

Looks like it. But the actual management of Mother Base like we did in Peace Walker won't be in GZ. TPP will have that.
Then why are they showing screenshots of Mother Base management in the GZ app? Or is it going to be a different type of management in TPP?

Batzi

Banned
Then why are they showing screenshots of Mother Base management in the GZ app? Or is it going to be a different type of management in TPP?

In TPP you are going to build it from scratch. Recruit people using fulton recovery/helicopter rescue to build your army Diamond Dogs. Tank & Chopper capture and maybe more will be TPP only. Not sure what we will be doing in GZ but Kojima confirmed that there will be an evolution of PW's Mother Base construction and management in TPP.

TPP will have a realtime base that you can walk around and upgrade. But this Ground Zeroes one will be different, I think, more of a minigame than anything.

Betty

Banned
I'd really like this to be available in game and not just for ipads or phones, but it looks good nonetheless.

So... Is this Phantom Pain news, or is base management in Ground Zeroes after all? Kojima, this would have been so much simpler if you just made us wait for The Phantom Pain. /salty

BBboy20

The micromanagement part was very cool in Peace Walker, and I always felt like there was room to do way more - hope that both GZ and TPP will realize everything that the concept offers
without F2P shit please
From what I gathered though, you can only play as Boss...which kind of then dilutes the whole base building. Sure you can see and use your fruits of your labor but considering the tech we have today and the fact you can play as members of your own army in the previous game, it would seem like further expanding co-op, actually enabling squad commands for NPCs or even having RTS controls or mechanics would seem like the next step but so far we have heard of nothing of this.

Mr. RHC

Interesting to see.. Well, of course there is a sea base in Peace Walker and naturally it should be in Ground Zeroes as well..

But I guess for TPP there should be a new base.

I really hope I don't miss out on anything in the full game by not doing any of this. Not a fan of this kind of thing at all. Why can't it just be in the game?

Interesting to see.. Well, of course there is a sea base in Peace Walker and naturally it should be in Ground Zeroes as well..

But I guess for TPP there should be a new base.

Your are correct. The new base will be an abandoned underground nuclear facility in South Africa.

Protag

Banned
Yes.

YES!!!!

Loved the idea since it was first mentioned.

God i cannot WAIT for TPP

Is it weird to get the ps4 version, and i dont have a ps4?

BBboy20

nobody is pointing out that Mother Base gets destroyed in this game...let alone that this game takes place in a single-mission...

Actually, does anybody know why it's called Ground Zeroes if the game takes place in one location?

Actually, does anybody know why it's called Ground Zeroes if the game takes place in one location?

Because it involves the Ground Zero of several characters, such as Snake and Kaz. Meaning that the conclusion of this game will destroy their characters and give them a clean slate for their characters to be rebuilt in The Phantom Pain, where they will have different motivations, beliefs, personalities, etc.

NCell

What about us mere mortals without smartphones?
This should be like battlelog and have the exact same thing on the PC!
And that base managing mini game should be awesome

Akauser

Banned
Because it involves the Ground Zero of several characters, such as Snake and Kaz. Meaning that the conclusion of this game will destroy their characters and give them a clean slate for their characters to be rebuilt in The Phantom Pain, where they will have different motivations, beliefs, personalities, etc.

Its also the name of Snakes Major in MGS3... known as

Major Zero. Who's split in ideology creates the Patriots whom Snake is intent on bringing down

I'm digging what I'm seeing. Nice effort on this app, certainly nicer than the *cough* *cough* PS4 app...

l_53060145180e4.jpg

"Barracks

"Spend 100 Snake Points to rush this upgrade?"

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Wii U version confirmed

Batzi

Banned
Do we have any information, if we can use the Second Screen on the Vita?
No but I hope the Vita is compatible with the second screen feature. I don't see why it is not possible.

I'd really like this to be available in game and not just for ipads or phones, but it looks good nonetheless.
It is available in-game. Second Screen just makes it easier to access the iDroid. You don't have to pause while looking at the iDroid, you can track your enemy while looking at the second screen and play at the same time.

So... Is this Phantom Pain news, or is base management in Ground Zeroes after all? Kojima, this would have been so much simpler if you just made us wait for The Phantom Pain. /salty
This is Ground Zeroes. Base building will be in The Phantom Pain though.

I hope they use Konami ID to track stats
Konami ID was abandoned a long time ago. It was not in Peace Walker.

Base building?! Get in there, day one for me.
Base building will be in The Phantom Pain. You will be able to walk around the base in Ground Zeroes though and recruit people.

Wii U version confirmed
Nope.

Base building will be in The Phantom Pain. You will be able to walk around the base in Ground Zeroes though and recruit people.

Being able to walk around Mother Base (Outer Heaven, whatever) is a feature of The Phantom Pain, while Mother Base management appears to be more of a mini-game in Ground Zeroes that is done via the second-screen app.

Ugh. Don't really need to see MGS being this "complicated." I like the linear, espionage feel of the original. All this base building and whatnot just does not appeal to me at all.

Top Bottom