• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Swapper (PS4, PS3, VITA) Releasing In May

skynidas

Banned
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/26/clone-swapper-ps3-ps4-ps-vita/

The Swapper was released in 2013 on PC, and has had some amazing press coverage, with excellent reviews from sites like IGN and Polygon, as well as winning numerous awards in the indie gaming scene for its story, graphics and puzzle design. We’re very lucky to be working with original developer Olli Harjola to bring the game to PlayStation formats, and the game is already looking beautiful on our PlayStation systems here at Curve towers, so we think you’re in for a real treat.

12774928424_6832d9cf23_o.jpg

12774927404_d7618cc3c4_o.jpg

12774927824_4cc00ea028_o.jpg

Xater

I played this a couple of days ago on PC and it's not my thing. I am still impressed by the amount of Indie titles coming out now Playstation platforms. It seems like there are now multiple releases every month. It's crazy, in a good way!

Kerned

Banned
Great news. I recently picked this up in a Humble Bundle and played a little bit of it. It seems to be right up my alley, but I'd much rather play it on VIta. I can definitely wait until May to get back into it.

Seanspeed

Banned
Huge news!

This is a spectacularly good little game. Glad more people will get the opportunity to enjoy it.

A must-play. Don't ignore this one, guys.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Mac version is also out on humble bundle. Gorgeous looking game and while I'm still at the beginning, it seems very interesting. I'll get this on PS4/Vita for sure, as I can't get it to run above 1440x900 on my laptop and it also seems like something that would be great to play on a handheld.

The_Monk

While I still need to finish on PC this is great news. Hope people can give this game a chance, it sure have a nice atmosphere.

Theecliff

Banned
Awesome! Always been intrigued by this after seeing some great reviews, but feared my PC would struggle to play it. It's part of the newest Humble Bundle at the moment, right?

Blinck

One of the best puzzle games I've played. Short and sweet.

The atmosphere, setting, and music are absolutely amazing.
Every sci-fi and puzzle fan should play this.

Acti

Pretty awesome game. For those of you who don't know, you can get it humble bundle this week.

monlo

I liked The Swapper, but I was a little disappointed with its "metroidvania"-ness, or lack of. The 2D sidescroller 'world' is really just a large stage selector, where you find the puzzle rooms, finish them, and move on. There's nothing in between.

Nevertheless, it's a great puzzle game if that's what you want. I guess I was a little over-zealous with my expectations of what it would give.

I'm glad more people will play it now

SJRB

Gold Member
Remarkable game for sure. Unique artsyle and atmosphere, clever puzzles and just overall a really neat game.

It's an absolutely superb little game, everything in it is great. Glad more people will get to play it.

How are the puzzles in this game? Hard?
I want a nice challenge but not to feel dumb :(

The puzzles might be the best part. They kind of remind me of Portal 2's puzzles in that you solve them right before you are about to give up.

monlo

How are the puzzles in this game? Hard?
I want a nice challenge but not to feel dumb :(

The last, like, three puzzles are pretty mind-wracking. Up until then it's pretty par for the course.

As soon as the puzzles start to get hard, the game ends. So you shouldn't feel too overwhelmed.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
SmokyDave said:
My goodness. Soon I'll need a 32GB card for indies alone.
Not unless Sony fixes the 100 icon limit first :/ Hell it's the reason why I am not even considering 64GB at this time - they are literally leaving money on the table with the stupid restriction.

On topic - I'm starting to have a serious problem with double dipping a lot of Indie-stuff because of Vita.

repeater

Just got this on PC through the amazing Humble Bundle, but I will wait until May since this is another game that will unavoidably be #bestonvita.

Marc

Great game, would definitely recommend. The holy trinity seem to be getting to god tier level support from Indies. Wonder if this is a game that works best on vita like other games.

Dusky

Great game. Good to see more people will have a chance to play it, hopefully it releases on other platforms too. It deserves it.

slider

So many games on the Vita that I haven't played. Not sure how many I've missed on PS+ either.

But I will get this.

Takiyah

I played this a at a PAX a while ago - and I wasn't so into it, but that was a really early build so will definitely give it a shot. (especially since it's in the current HB)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Very smart little game. The story is kind of nonsense, but the puzzles are really fulfilling.

I can't remember many details about the story, but I thought the way it was presented (i.e., the writing and VO) was a fantastic contribution to the tone. It was very enjoyable as atmosphere even if it might not bear a ton of scrutiny as narrative.

Top Bottom