• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Short Peace announcement trailer for PS3

sn00zer

Looks like each short film is getting a trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1S6MABGMN8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV01HE0-Ofs
Looks like its announced for Europe and Australia now (waaah?). Havent found any info on a US release sadly. Announcement trailer is new though.

EDIT: Game portion is coming as downloadable to US http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760457
1391173356-short-peace-pack-ps3-pegi.jpg

966_fullwidth.jpg

Takao

Banned
It's digital-only in North America. This was announced back in January.

The trailer in the OP only features footage from one of the short films. It's not a game.

I think I'm liking panic mode "localize ANYTHING" Bamco (except the fact that they won't give us portable Tales and Digimon)

lonely

Basically Europe and Australia are getting the whole package from Bandai Namco while America is just getting the game part. The four shorts are going to distributed by Sentai filmworks over there.

sn00zer

I think this may be the only game I ever import, been waiting for a DVD/BluRay release of this forever, looks like the US release is never coming :(
EDIT: Gorgeous cover art

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm liking panic mode "localize ANYTHING" Bamco (except the fact that they won't give us portable Tales and Digimon)
It's more that there was probably an incredibly small amount of effort required with this localization in comparison to those games. The anime short films combined are less than the length of an average movie and the amount of text in the game portion could be localized in an afternoon. Seeing that they're releasing it as digital only in the US the whole thing must've been incredibly cheap for them to do.

That said, assuming they're only releasing the game part standalone in the US, wait it out and do your research before buying. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it.

I think this may be the only game I ever import, been waiting for a DVD/BluRay release of this forever, looks like the US release is never coming :(
EDIT: Gorgeous cover art

I'm importing, too. I'd rather have the entire thing on disc instead of just the films via Sentai and then the game as a digital download.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I wonder if the movie portion will be region free since I'd prefer to have this on disk. I guess I'll wait to see how the region coding for the movie portion is.

Mr Git

Wow, I never would have expected an EU release so soon, figured this is something we'd have to wait ages on. This has only been out in Japan for a little while.

solomon

Wait I'm confused wasn't Short peace a series of short films, since when did it become a game :O

edit: Never mind, been a while since I checked up on it, just saw gameplay trailers.

Man I feel good to be in Australia now... but why just PS3? It would make a whole lot of sense to have this be a PS4 game too. Anyway I'll buy it for the Short Peace films alone - as a huge Otomo fan I've been waiting for the Blu-Ray release, looks like this is it.

Top Bottom