• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer April Cover - Batman Arkham Knight (PS4/XBO/PC, 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/04/april-cover-revealed-2014-1039752374.aspx

topper23945234.jpg

The developer that made Arkham a household name is back. Rocksteady Studios' Arkham Asylum innovated with the freeflow combat system and stalking gameplay in 2009, and the team blew it all out to an open world in 2011's Arkham City. Rocksteady is hoping to raise the bar even higher on what will be its final Arkham game. Set after the events of Arkham City, Batman: Arkham Knight may just end the Dark Knight's journey.

As you've probably guessed from the cover imagery, the Batmobile is finally a core element of the gameplay. An entirely new area of Gotham City, far larger than Arkham City, has much wider streets to accommodate the new driving gameplay that is designed to integrate smoothly with Batman's gliding and grappling traversal. Batman chases down super villains Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, and more.

Arkham Knight will release later this year on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. We've got 14 action-packed pages loaded with the first details and a whole month of exclusive content here on gameinformer.com. Get a sneak peek at what's in store in our coverage trailer below and come back for the debut game trailer at 10 AM Central Time.

Via Sn4ke_911:

Nemesis_

I have a feeling this will be delayed for some reason even though there is really no reason for it to be. >_>

There's going to be big expectations for this now that it's current gen only. Will be very interesting to see what they're doing without having to cater to last gen consoles as well.

Sounds amazing. Next gen only, Gotham City, Batmobile and some of the best villains returning for the finale of the story - all good to hear.

Plus trailer premiering today too! Such an awesome day for news.

Super surprised that it's current gen only. But super cool, and hopefully it results in something noticeable in the actual game other then pretty graphics.

LiK

There's going to be big expectations for this now that it's current gen only. Will be very interesting to see what they're doing without having to cater to last gen consoles as well.

Hopefully less hallways and more open worldness.

FHIZ

Glad they changed up the costume. Arkham Origin's suit was much more fitting to the setting than the sort of Long Halloween inspired suit Rocksteady was using.

JohngPR

If the OT title for this game isn't, "Not the Arkham finale we need, but the one we deserve", someone's not doing their job.

Hystzen

Bat mobile looks awful from those images but then again I always thought bat mobile is pointless as gliding more fun

Namikaze1

Glad it's current gen (I call next gen current gen, ok) only. Love that first cover. Yet another game added to my PS4 Day 1 list. I hate that there's already a pre-order bonus. I can't wait to drive around Gotham in the Batmobile.

Hexa

Current gen exclusive? Batmobile due to a much larger area? HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!!!

DBT85

This is a win for two reasons.

1) more Rocksteady Batman
2) not gimped by PS360 compatability

Yessssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom