• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Summary #3: March's Catch Up Edition

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
r3_by_quas_quas-d7505vb.png

Newcomers
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac

Veterans
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Link
Zelda
Toon Link
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Kirby
King Dedede
Pikachu
Lucario
Fox
Pikmin & Olimar
Pit
Marth
Samus
Sonic

3DS Stages
Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Battlefield
Boxing Arena (Punch-Out!!)
Gerudo Valley (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Living Room (Nintendog)
Lumiose City (Pokemon X/Y)
New Super Mario Bros
Rainbow Road (Mario Kart 7)
Reset Bomb (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Spirit Train (Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
StreetPass Quest (StreetPass Quest/Find Mii)
Tortimer Island (Animal Crossing)

Wii U Stages
Battlefield
Boxing Arena (Punch-Out!!) [1] [2]
Dr. Wily's Castle (Mega Man 2)
Garden of Hope (Pikmin 3)
Palutena's Temple (Kid Icarus)
Pyrosphere (Metroid: Other M)
Skyloft (Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
Smashville II (Animal Crossing: City Folk) [2]
Super Mario Galaxy
Training Room (Wii Fit)
Windy Hill Zone (Sonic: Lost World)
Wuhu Island (Pilotwing Resort)

Items
Bumper
Capsule
Fire Flower
Green Shell
Home-Run Bat
Motion-Sensor Mine
Pokeball
Ray Gun
Smash Ball
Hook Beetle (Legend of Zelda)
Fairy in a Bottle
Hocotate Ship (Pikmin)
Torpedo Gun (Steel Diver)
X-Bomb (Kid Icarus: Uprising)

Assist Trophies
Nintendog
Stafy
Waluigi
Ashley (WarioWare)
Mother Brain
Skull Kid

Pokeball Pokemon
Dedenne
Palkia
Xerneas

Trailer
SSB Wii U and 3DS E3 Trailer
Newcomer Trailer - Mega Man
Second Trailer w/ WiiFit Trainer
Director Direct - Sakurai on SSB Wii U and 3DS
Sonic Trailer - HD
Rosalina and Luma Trailer - HD
Little Mac Trailer HD

List of Balance Changes

Comandr

Whoa! New sweet ass character art in the OP. Love it.

Edit: Really jonesing for that Ness reveal. Aaaany day now, Sakurai.

Toxi

Banned
Dedenne looks awesome and Palkia gives me hope we'll get a lot of legendaries across the generations.

On balance changes...
«Link's downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests. » 10.Dec.2013
I can't ever see it being too powerful. Link's been bottom-tier in two games and low-mid in another for a reason.

«The speed and power of Samus's Charge Shot has been drastically improved. However, that could potentially put her in danger on occasion. » 06.Nov.2013
Very nice. Only other change I would like to the attack is being able to charge in midair, since that's how it's always been in the Metroid games.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dedenne looks awesome and Palkia gives me hope we'll get a lot of legendaries across the generations.

Very nice. Only other change I would like to the attack is being able to charge in midair, since that's how it's always been in the Metroid games.

I hope so too with more legendaries. I can be biased but I really want them to bring Articuno back.

That is one of nice thing about Samus in Project Melee. You can charged in mid-air which is very helpful for my gameplay.

Ein Bear

So, is 'Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U/3DS' the actual titles of the games then? Because that's reeeeeeally boring if so.

I'd assumed they were placeholders at E3, but would have expected a title announcement by now if they're releasing this year.

So, is 'Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U/3DS' the actual titles of the games then? Because that's reeeeeeally boring if so.

I'd assumed they were placeholders at E3, but would have expected a title announcement by now if they're releasing this year.

Boring, but practical!

NotLiquid

So basically...I haven't missed anything worth caring about since the Little Mac reveal. :/

Neat art though.

It'd be kind of hard to miss anything substantial by those very definitions on these boards anyway. The internet explodes whenever there's some actual news about the game.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Thanks for this. I missed out on quite a few things.

Is Dedenne suppose to be like an electric Merryl?

I can definitely see why Oblivion made that thread, seeing as this one is more or less dead....
talking about preaching to the choir

AdanVC

Great summary! It's always nice and exciting to see everything since that epic Megaman reveal trailer. The art header is amazing! I saw it this morning on Sakurai's Twitter, he actually saw it and reblogged it! I can imagine how awesome the artist should feel.

Amir0x

Banned
Someone PM me when they finally reveal the Earthbound stuff, that's the reason I ever touch this damn series and I'm seriously eager to see how it looks and how it sounds with the Mother music remixes

Someone PM me when they finally reveal the Earthbound stuff, that's the reason I ever touch this damn series and I'm seriously eager to see how it looks and how it sounds with the Mother music remixes

damn, so aggressive

Amir0x
demodded, not denutted
(Today, 10:40 PM)

<3

Amir0x

Banned
damn, so aggressive

Amir0x
demodded, not denutted
(Today, 10:40 PM)

<3

i'm sorry, it's just a special frustration zone in my mind when I wait for any tantalizing scrap of things related to the Mother series.

Plus, the Smash games have the most awesome Mother series music remixes. Like, to die for. I cannot wait to hear what this one is going for.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Appreciate it. They really are saving the best for last I hope. There's no indication any of them have been removed, right?

No one really know so far. Sakurai said that he's trying his best to including everyone but when characters got cut only because they ran out of time.

Kriken

i'm sorry, it's just a special frustration zone in my mind when I wait for any tantalizing scrap of things related to the Mother series.

Plus, the Smash games have the most awesome Mother series music remixes. Like, to die for. I cannot wait to hear what this one is going for.

Ah yes Mother, the series Nintendo just loves to promote through by not bringing anything from the series outside of Japan in the past 20 years
Besides Earthbound for the VC last year

Amir0x

Banned
Ah yes Mother, the series Nintendo just loves to promote through by not bringing anything from the series outside of Japan in the past 20 years
Besides Earthbound for the VC last year

that was enough to keep the flame of our fan community alive fpr at least another hundred years :(

Top Bottom