• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 1-2-3 : gameplay footage from Naruhodo Radio #1, new screens

L~A

So Capcom had this show, over the week-end, called "Naruhodo Radio". They showed some footage of the game, that you can find below :

- Case 1-3
- Case 1-5

There's also some new screenshots, from the 3rd game :

JWD180x.jpg
Nr6wJ5K.jpg
7GVmjl6.jpg

tMdMquf.jpg
dHRcdrx.jpg
eLS6Evm.jpg

sJy4EXU.jpg
OBCVKBp.jpg
bcih5Bc.jpg

Force me to listen to Oldbag for 24h non-stop and lock if old.

I'd pay full price even if I own them all. but I know it won't leave Japan.

Now lets not be silly here, AA5 did excellently, we'll get this at some point.

However, when this tanks,
as it should, with that ugly art,
we will then be blamed for not buying it, and as a result not get AA6, because capcom.

Amazing how Capcom have been milking these three games. That's like 6 platforms in 13 years (counting all mobile platforms as only one).

To be fair, if it weren't for one of these ports, we'd never have gotten the series in the West but that's still a lot.

CompC

So wait is this the sprites from the DS version, or is it the art from the iOS HD version? In the iOS version the characters didn't blink…

Dugna

Would be great for this to come out, and the iOS art isn't that bad. Though I'm going to hate case 5 of the first game even though it was great, just some parts of the court cases annoyed me.

bobawesome

Would be great for this to come out, and the iOS art isn't that bad. Though I'm going to hate case 5 of the first game even though it was great, just some parts of the court cases annoyed me.

I see what you mean, having recently beaten it.
Alright Wright, show us how Ema could possibly be connected to the murder by playing connect the dots on this bloodied vase...
For some reason it took me at least 4 or 5 times because the game wanted it in a specific sequence...

iOS art looks awful even in movement.

Does it seems it stills lacks part of the frame animation from the original?

Welp, not touching this.

Dugna

I see what you mean, having recently beaten it.
Alright Wright, show us how Ema could possibly be connected to the murder by playing connect the dots on this bloodied vase...
For some reason it took me at least 4 or 5 times because the game wanted it in a specific sequence...

Mine was more of
When you point out the footage of the evidence room I believe, and the answer was right there so obvious yet the judge wanted you explain every little thing that had nothing to do with the answer.
but yeah other then that I loved the case.

bobawesome

Good, because most of justice for all is a pile of shit.

moe-damage.gif

Mine was more of
When you point out the footage of the evidence room I believe, and the answer was right there so obvious yet the judge wanted you explain every little thing that had nothing to do with the answer.
but yeah other then that I loved the case.

Ohhh, yeah...I had trouble with that part as well. I had to take a break for a little while after that bs.

rekameohs

Banned
Case 5 of the second game is the GOAT. I'm only through the first 3 games though.
I'm sure you mean Case 4; that game only had four cases. And yes, it is the best in the series, though the fourth and fifth cases in AA3 and the DLC case in AA5 are right up there, in my opinion.

L~A

Can someone post an exact comparison with the DS version? Now that we have direct feed footage, this should be possible.

MrBadger

Still not a fan of how this game looks. I'm a much bigger fan of the original sprites so I'll probably give this version a miss like I did the iOS version. I hardly need to play the original trilogy again, I've played it so much I know it like the back of my hand.

I'm sure you mean Case 4; that game only had four cases. And yes, it is the best in the series, though the fourth and fifth cases in AA3 and the DLC case in AA5 are right up there, in my opinion.

My favourite case will always be the fourth case in AA1, but 2-4, 3-5 and the DD DLC case are all god tier.

I don't mind the sprites (they blink now, hooray!), I'm more concerned with if they completely drop the ball with the music in games 2 and 3, the ugly text, and weird translation errors from the iOS games.

Alfredo

Unlike the iOS versions, it doesn't look like absolute garbage when it does the motion blur court panning camera transition. There's still hope for this game.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I think the character sprites in the OP looks pretty good, actually.
Then I watched the video and saw the iOS Judge and the choppy animations...

Not sure if I would buy this.

Verelios

Man, I really dislike the art looking at it in motion. Fine for anyone who wants to pick the series up, but the regular sprite work for the DS was completely amazing.

Top Bottom