• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

These Animirai Studios Folks sure are offering a lot of illegal games for Android

maxcriden

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_m...-brandtextbin=Animirai Studio&node=2350149011

Everything from Mario, to Zelda, to Metroid, to Castlevania, Golden Sun, THPS, and Yu-Gi-Oh. Surely these are illegal, right? How can companies like this get away with this? It looks like they were all listed recently, too.

81g8ATpMKaL._SL190_CR0,0,190,246_.png

918ZRb0BQaL._SL190_CR0,0,190,246_.png

81SNxxJJMgL._SL190_CR0,0,190,246_.png

Salex_

Mobile game developers have no shame. Flat out re-skinning popular games and reselling other people's games.

Griss

Not the same games, not the same content.

Does anyone know what exactly the apps are when you download them? I wouldn't be surprised if they're just a title image and nothing else. Really bugs me, though, that there isn't some kind of IP screening process on the part of Google or Amazon to catch this kind of blatantly illegal scam.

Wichu

Does anyone know what exactly the apps are when you download them? I wouldn't be surprised if they're just a title image and nothing else. Really bugs me, though, that there isn't some kind of IP screening process on the part of Google or Amazon to catch this kind of blatantly illegal scam.

Those are all GBA games, so I expect it's just a ROM bundled with an emulator.

EDIT: beaten

Griss

Those are all GBA games, so I expect it's just a ROM bundled with an emulator.

EDIT: beaten

That would make sense. One review states that it's playable whereas many others say that the game just doesn't load at all so I wasn't sure.

EDIT: Also, one review really depressed me. It basically said 'Unplayable and shit, but's I guess it's worth a dollar.'
That's the mobile audience right there. Don't give a shit about quality, don't give a shit about IP infringement, but if it's a buck or less then we're good to go. It's a cancer on the industry.

Jackano

I'm really interested to know what the games are really. Anyone want to sell his soul and buy one?

In any case, I blame Amazon. And that's what you get without proper approval process.
Sure there is many talks about "steamlining" the processes for indie developers, but seeing this, some barriers can't hurt really.

maxcriden

Hm, I just realized this thread might be considered against the TOS. Mods, my apologies if so, please lock if that's the case.

mclem

I note they're not on the Play store. Wonder if they just didn't try, or if Google have already blocked them.

Top Bottom