• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Rock drops hints of which DC character he will play

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

http://collider.com/lobo-movie-dwayne-johnson/

Looks to be Lobo or Black Adam.

During a group interview, Johnson talked more about the DC character he’d like to play, and while he wouldn’t say who, he did provide some clues. Johnson said the character has never been on screen before, and combined with his other clues, likely candidates include Black Adam (the nemesis of the superhero Shazam) and Lobo (an a biker-style alien anti-hero who works as a bounty hunter/mercenary). However, Johnson also notes that they’re still looking for a writer, so don’t expect this one any time soon.

Johnson: [Laughs] Can’t say that, but here we go. Here are three qualities. The first quality we were looking for was that he had to be extremely complex and have a lot going on. What that does for me as an actor and the studio is it gives us space that we can explore; his complexities. The other quality was that he had to — the character we were looking for had to be well-known but never brought to life. Then what that does again as an actor, it gives me a little bit of space, and we talked about personality. It just gives me a chance to put an imprint into his personality, with the set of tools that I could bring to the table and put a very unique twist on his personality, but still pay homage to who he is. The third thing — and most important — is he had to be a badass motherfucker, okay, and on a Superman level of power, where could throw down. In those three qualities, I’m happy we’ve found that character. Right now, we’re out to a lot of writers.

Badass Digest seems confident it's Lobo (it was a roundtable discussion).

YVpjZDW.jpg

It's gotta be Black Adam. I can't see him playing Lobo.
Lobo is all high energy and the rock is more of the... silent tough guy type. At least to date he has been.
Unless it's the new, panzy-assed Lobo that sucks. I guess that could work, but he isn't scrawny enough.

Leunam

Really hoping for Black Adam + family maybe. I liked the Black Adam leading up to Infinite Crisis (think that's what it was).

Putty for Captain Marvel pls

Draft

I guess Lobo could work in a very hard PG-13 environment. The Rock would be great as Lobo, the ultimate heel.

Martian Manhunter.

All the wrestlers are getting painted green.

Actually, that seems even more likely that Black Adam. I'd expect MM to be in the JLA movie, whereas I find it really improbable that they're going to either make a Shazam movie or make Black Adam the JLA villain.

Platy

Looks more Lobo ...

even more as it would not make sense to show Black Adam without casting Shazam/Capt Marvel =P

edit :

Yeah, the well known looks more like Manhunter ... or john steward =P

woolley

Lobo is all high energy and the rock is more of the... silent tough guy type. At least to date he has been.
Unless it's the new, panzy-assed Lobo that sucks. I guess that could work, but he isn't scrawny enough.

Not sure if serious...

Ripclawe

Banned
on twitter doing a chat he said his two favs hero's are GL and Black Adam. but GL has "already been made and stamped"

DoubleTap

Aquaman. I don't know if I would qualify Black Adam as "well known". I don't know if the mainstream audience is even aware he exists.

ReiGun

"Superman level of power" narrows it down to Shazam, Black Adam, Darkseid, and Martian Manhunter as far as characters who fit the description and are likely to be in movies.

Aquaman could also be a possibility, but I'm with Messypandas; Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is the only King of the Sea I'll bend the knee to.

BadAss2961

Still think he should have been Lex Luther.
Would be a waste.

The best option for WB is still John Stewart. Regardless of which character fits him best, there's tons of money to be made with Rock as a superhero. It's also an easy way to have a successful Green Lantern on the big screen.

Blader

That's Darkseid

They're not giving preference to Lobo or Black Adam over Darkseid for a Justice League movie.

charsace

You should watch some of him in the WWE. Is anything but the strong, silent type.

Uhm.....did you see the last conan?
Momoa has been the best Conan so far. He adapted the Conan from the books better than Arnold did.

kirblar

If he's doing a flat-out villain like Darkseid, please let us get Hollywood Darkseid at some point, complete with sing-a-longs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom