• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dad kills son 'over online gaming addiction'

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Basically : there's investigating stuff, so nothing's certain yet. The whole 'dead killed his son because he was addicted to online games' is speculation, at least for now. According to the newspaper, the son had some serious psychological problems, and needed to take medication. The journalist then goes on to say that maybe the dad actually killed him while trying to keep him under control while he was having a fit or something.
Yeah, that's what I thought....
Really start to hate every media whatsoever. This guy had a psychological problem, took medication but HE STRAGLED HIM BECAUSE OF HIS GAMING ADDITICTION. Straight A journalism.... I might vomit right now...

EGM1966

Sad and depressing whatever the reason - pity to see such early speculation too rather than waiting for firm facts.

Roshin

Press down with the flat of your hand and you can crush someone's trachea surprisingly easily.

image.php

Kurdel

Banned
Really sad to think that this time he went too far, but it isn't the first violent ourburst.

These stories really get to me for some reason...

Some of the comments in here are disgusting.

The world is a terrible place where terrible things happen all of the time. It's a tragedy that happened, yes... but if you can never laugh at the bad that happens you'll soon be bogged down by everything bad in life.

Do note that while some people made light of the situation... no one ever said what happened was "good" or that anyone "deserved" it or anything like that. No one is saying this wasn't a horrible thing that happened... but you should take that misplaced anger/disgust at those that are dealing with this situation with humor and put it into something more constructive.

See? The Daily Mail was right all along, video games DO cause violent behaviour.

It's true... man if only MORE people played video games, less people would get upset about other people who play them and this all could have been avoided!

I don't see how you can "accidentally" strangle somebody.

Some people go into fits of blind rage... where they are so angry they literally can't tell what they are doing. It's a form of temporary insanity.

Most people would never want to actually kill their family members (I suspect as much from this dad) but something snapped and he went too far... that is why he would claim it was an accident. If the other article is true and the child was suffering from some sort of mental condition, it's very likely the father had some issues as well.

Corto

Some people go into fits of blind rage... where they are so angry they literally can't tell what they are doing. It's a form of temporary insanity.

Most people would never want to actually kill their family members (I suspect as much from this dad) but something snapped and he went too far... that is why he would claim it was an accident. If the other article is true and the child was suffering from some sort of mental condition, it's very likely the father had some issues as well.

A heated fight between a 43 years old versus a 23 years old where the father tries to keep control of his son by the neck while he struggles to free himself and fight back it's already a believable scenario without adding nothing more. The video games and psychological problems could be just incidental circumstances.

Vashetti

Banned

He would already had to have fallen unconscious if he was being strangled, the father then continued to strangle him.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

The insanity card is dangereous because it would make the father irresponsible for his own actions and he wouldn't get the sentence he deserves. If I were a relative of the victim I would like him to be held accountable for his crimes. Hell, even if I committed a crime I'd rather be held accountable and be able to defend myself than being considered insane.

Edit : important part left out of the EN source
I really do dislike the constant Chinese whispers that goes on in the media where each step removes important bits of the story until you are left with a sensational headline and no substance. The McDonalds coffee case is a classic example of that.

Why wouldn't you just destroy the PC / Console the kid is spending too much time on?

Or put it away in storage or something.

You resort to killing the kid? Then claim an accident?

Akai

He would already had to have fallen unconscious if he was being strangled, the father then continued to strangle him.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

Orrrrr he could have killed the lad instantly since the cervical region has numerous vital points in it. In other words, it could have very well been an unfortunate accident resulting from misplaced rage, but what's done is done and now he has to live with the punishment and his actions for the rest of his life...

hohoXD123

Orrrrr he could have killed the lad instantly since the cervical region has numerous vital points in it. In other words, it could have very well been an unfortunate accident resulting from misplaced rage, but what's done is done and now he has to live with the punishment and his actions for the rest of his life...

That sounds more like a cervical fracture and spinal cord damage rather than strangulation.

Top Bottom