• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 5/2/2014: GOLD, JERRY, GOLD

bYNbs.jpg

On this, the most golden of weeks, the regular crew checks in to weigh in on Hearthstone, YO-Kai Watch mania, Dark Souls 2 PC, Nintendo E3 news, Xbox TV, the E.T. Dig, old Japanese cell phone games, From Software’s sale and more.

Running time: 2:05:23

Direct Download MP3 (71.9MB)
Subscribe to 8-4 Play via iTunes
Subscribe to 8-4 Play via RSS Feed
Follow 8-4 Play on Twitter (twitter.com/84play)
Follow 8-4 on Facebook (facebook.com/hachinoyon)

Time – Topic Discussed:

10:48 – Mobile games: Boom Beach, Japanese Mobile Games
16:20 – Hearthstone
25:15 – Steamworld Dig
26:30 – Youkai Watch Arcade
37:00 – Games John Bought
38:20 – Dark Souls 2 PC
47:00 – FTL iPad, Dragon Quest X
1:03:28 – Nintendo News: E3, Mario Kart 8
1:15:17 – Microsoft News: Xbox One Video, Japan Launch, Surprise Japanese Game
1:25:35 – Sony News: PS4 Update, Drive Club, Indie Rush
1:36:36 – News: From Bought by Kadokawa, Atari Dig, Atari Source Code, YO-Kai Watch
1:57:28 – Closing Comments

vanty

Is there something wrong with podcasts on iTunes at the moment? New episode isn't there on the iTunes link and when I hit "Refresh" in iTunes it does nothing at all for any podcasts.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Is there something wrong with podcasts on iTunes at the moment? New episode isn't there on the iTunes link and when I hit "Refresh" in iTunes it does nothing at all for any podcasts.

Mmmm yeah it was weird for me, took a little while to update with this episode but just did like 10 seconds ago.

Celegus

TGS Hype rides the Shinkansen, get it right!

Is it wrong that I might be more excited to hear that song again than any actual gaming news? E3 hype scooter is coming soon though!!

Glad to hear the gamehatting isn't going to get in the way of how bad Sonic games are and always have been!

Effect

JJ was wrong about the free game that comes with Mario Kart 8. It's not just with the digital version but any copy of the game. You have to register the game with Club Nintendo. The eShop version should be registered automatically since that's linked with your Club Nintendo account already.

JJ was wrong about the free game that comes with Mario Kart 8. It's not just with the digital version but any copy of the game. You have to register the game with Club Nintendo. The eShop version should be registered automatically since that's linked with your Club Nintendo account already.

There was a stretch in the episode where JJ was just wrong. Still love the guy though.

urfe

It's nice to get an episode with mostly the core cast.

Haven't been a fan of the guests/interns for the most part.

I like the interns.

I usually dislike it when guests have enough presence to change the atmosphere of the show. I'm big on the mood.

It's a good mood.

Codeblue

It's nice to get an episode with mostly the core cast.

Haven't been a fan of the guests/interns for the most part.

How can you dislike the interns? I usually forget they're even there until Mark directs a question at them and forces them to speak.

Chuck

Still without luck
Maybe 8-4 should have done like audible or squarespace ads or something.

Instead of an ad that reminds everyone how Sega is now a smoldering pile of rubble.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe 8-4 should have done like audible or squarespace ads or something.

Instead of an ad that reminds everyone how Sega is now a smoldering pile of rubble.

Funny enough, Weekend Confirmed did the Sega card game ad as well. I can't remember what card they were giving away there though.

Yeah the ads part is really awkward. I think it's better to have ads unrelated to video game because at least it's less obvious when they have to pretend to have any interest on the product.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's a good thing Sega didn't actually pay money for that ad because they'd probably ask for their money back. That was terrible but honestly can't blame you guys for being as disinterested as you were.

Also regarding the Yo-Kai Watch talk - it's actually in your benefit JJ if the medals are split between Japan and America, they would definitely be easy to find in America and you could just smuggle them back into Japan and rake in some money selling some laundered medals while keeping the rest for yourself.

The global economy must be recovering, the entrepreneurial spirit is spreading, these small business men are cropping up everywhere.

What monster wasn't considerate enough to leak Project Beast after they recorded the episode and not before? :p

Thoraxes

I love every single Youkai Watch story JJ tells because I just picture him as Arnold Swarchenegger in Jingle All the Way tryin to get a Turboman doll.

I get a kick out of all of them everytime.

All I need is for Mark to become Sinbad.

Top Bottom