• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanishing of Ethan Carter release date and console talk

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-21-vanishing-of-ethan-carter-release-date-and-console-talk
Weird fiction horror game The Vanishing of Ethan Carter will be released roughly four months from now, creator Adrian Chmielarz has told me.

"We are going to have probably the worst possible release date, which is the middle of summer..." he groaned, speaking to me at Polish conference Digital Dragons. "It's hot and it's summer - do you really want to play a game about autumn?"
He's talked to Microsoft and Sony about doing it already. "Yeah yeah yeah," he confirmed. "Initially Sony was just f***ing amazing. I know it's their business - they smile because they want to make business - [but] I don't give a f***! I'm just happy that they're smiling. They were talking to us and they were very responsive and we got the kits and it's like... it's unbelievable.

"Microsoft was a little bit quiet," he added, "but it's changed lately. Microsoft got this big wakeup call I think. We are on good terms with both sides."
It was very different a few years ago when it cost thousands of Euros just to get a PS3 or Xbox 360 development kit, he said. "Right now they give you one or two because they want you to make a game on their platform, and that's just great.

"The only thing that needs to happen," he added, "is Microsoft has to drop the whole... you have to be first on their console."

With the whole "Initially Sony was just fucking amazing" bit, I kept reading expecting a turn around like "BUT THEN THEY BACKHANDED US," or something like that.

Gaz_RB

With the whole "Initially Sony was just fucking amazing" bit, I kept reading expecting a turn around like "BUT THEN THEY BACKHANDED US," or something like that.

Haha I was thinking the same shit.

"But then they locked us up in their basement and made us code for weeks at a time"

"Microsoft was a little bit quiet," he added, "but it's changed lately. Microsoft got this big wakeup call I think. We are on good terms with both sides."

Dat Spencer effect.

He needs to announce a drop of the parity clause and soon.

J Range

Excellent news on a potential port, it's good to know these games are being sought after for consoles. The vanishing of Ethan Carter is one of the games I wanted to see on ps4 the most, along with anti chamber, the forest, and routine.

Dr Dogg

Ooooh nice. Four months is in a nice bit of breathing space with my current gaming schedule and backlog.

Four months from now and it will be the day before Fall starts, so it should work out!

I also get the feeling it's going to be one of those rainy day type of games. The world design looks,gorgeous and I hope it's going to be great to explore.

Top Bottom