• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

Crayolan

twitchplayspokemon-profile_banner-2d67334f0890560a-480_678x452.png

This is the place to discuss anything and everything Twitch Plays Pokemon, starting from Heart Gold and onwards.

Link to the stream

What is Twitch Plays Pokemon?

Twitch Plays Pokemon is a game of pokemon where the viewers are in control. Simply input a command (a,b,left,right,up,down,x,y, or touch) into the stream chat and it will happen in game (following a 15-30 second lag). The thing is, with thousands of people controlling the game all at once, things get crazy pretty quickly.

Democracy vs. Anarchy

There are two input systems in Twitch Plays Pokemon. The first, Anarchy, works as previously stated. Every command inputted will be played out in the game, leading to sheer insanity. The next, Democracy, instead stops the game and collects votes on commands every 30 seconds. The command with the highest number of votes at the end of each 30 second voting period will be the one inputted in game, until Anarchy is voted as the top choice, at which point Democracy reverts back to Anarchy. Democracy is useful for navigating areas that require precise inputs, using items in the bag, and safely accessing the PC, among other things.

Democracy will be disabled until we reach what the streamer determines to be an otherwise impossible task. If there is no such impossible task, democracy may be disabled for the entire game.

For the Anniversary Red Run, Democracy will be enabled using area-based timers. In other words, in certain suspect areas where we may need democracy, streamer has set it so that democracy will automatically enable itself once we have been in that area for over 24 hours total. If the area in question is left, the timer will stop, and anarchy will be re-instated.

The Touch Screen

For (3)DS games, the streamer has enabled a coordinate system to allow use of the touch screen in the game. Simply input (number),(number) and that position on the touch screen will be pressed.

To help input easily, here is a script to click on the touchscreen yourself and have the coordinates sent to you:

Gambling

In between games, the stream defaults to a Twitch Plays Pokemon Arena, a viewer-controlled version of Pokemon Battle Revolution. Between each battle, viewers can place bets on which team they think will win. You start out with $1000 for betting, and can never fall below $500 total. Once you place a bet, it cannot be retracted or lowered, and you cannot switch sides. You can increase your bet, however. If you want to join, simply input this during the voting period:

!bet (insert amount here) (insert team here)
Example: !bet 100 red

Players also have slight control over what moves the pokemon on their team will choose. Input the following during a battle to increase the chances of a pokemon using the move you've selected:

!move (insert a,b,c, or d here, with a being the top move and d being the bottom move)
Example: !move a

There is also a balance bot now. Input !balance when the bot is active (typically between matches) and the bot will report your total winnings to you.

Spending Real Money on This Stream

If for some reason you feel you want to give your hard-earned cash to TwitchPlaysPokemon, you can now donate to the stream. If you donate, your name (or fake name, you can input whatever you want) is displayed on a banner at the top of the stream and you get to make a donation message for everyone to read and then complain about because it's blocking the screen.

Also, finally, if you subscribe to TwitchPlaysPokemon you now have access to these Subscriber Emotes:
panel-56648155-image-6241552e842a6194-320.png

Current Game

Pokemon Anniversary Crystal-The 2nd Anniversary Run

UJgH5Ut.png

Anniversary Crystal is a custom romhack of Crystal Version which will be used for our 2nd Anniversary Run. It is designed so that we can feasibly achieve the main goal of this run-completing the Pokedex. Not much is known about this game, but it is much, much different from the actual Crystal version. For one, we start the game in Kanto.

http://www.twitchplayspokemon.org/ (An alternative to the google doc)

History

So far, we've beaten 10 pokemon games:
Red Version
The team:
TPP Red Pokedex

Crystal Version
The team:
TPP Crystal Pokedex

Emerald Version
The team:
TPP Emerald Pokedex

Fire Red Randomizer
The Team:
TPP Fire Red Pokedex

Platinum Version (Our first anarchy only run!)
The Team:
TPP Platinum Pokedex

Heart Gold Randomizer
The Team:
TPP Heart Gold Pokedex
Link to the Reddit Live Updater for Heart Gold
Link to the Google Doc Progress Page for Heart Gold

Black Version
The Team:
TPP Black Pokedex
Link to the Reddit Live Updater for Black
Link to the Google Doc Progress Page for Black

Blaze Black 2 Version
The Team:
TPP Blaze Black 2 Pokedex
Link to the Reddit Live Updater for Blaze Black 2
Link to the Google Doc Progress Page for Blaze Black 2
Read up on the hack here.

X
The Team:
TPP X Pokedex
Link to the Reddit Live Updater for X
Link to the Google Doc Progress Page for X

Omega Ruby
The Team:

TPP Omega Ruby Pokedex
Link to the Reddit Live Updater for Omega Ruby
Link to the Google Doc Progress Page for Omega Ruby

TPP National Dex

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Emerald Thread
Fire Red Thread
Platinum Thread

Woot. So close.
Guys....guys one last time to verb Misty.

Also streamer-sempi: "starters are completely randomized, not 3 evolutions only, since the starters don't tend to make it very far I didn't see the point in restricting it"

Crystal was great, Emerald was terrible, Fire Red was good, didn't watch most of Platinum.
Platinum was actually really fun. The best way to put it. Is that it was so happy. :D

Also ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ DANCE RIOT LIKE ITS 10PM ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

hemtae

Platinum was actually really fun. Best way to put it. Is that it was so happy. :D

Also ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ DANCE RIOT LIKE ITS 10PM ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I got annoyed with them ritualistically sacrificing the starter but the elite for wasn't near as painful as I thought it would be.

Platinum had a good start, slow middle, amazing end.

Well, based on platinum, that curse should be broken hopefully as we had a Flareon in our final team and was one of our best mons.

Really got good at chim-chan's really early release and the dance riots

That was the most fun with TPP in a while

All those B's.. Shinx must be traumatized after having it's body being morphed half way only for it to be cancelled and morphed back!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Speaking of that, it has already started

z1kmgD9.png
Hexeron: PLEASE TAKE THE OATH, I solemnly swear that I will never talk about evolution in the chat, including in HGSS. I will not complain if the trolls B spam. I will not talk about b spammers either. I will ignore the trolls and creationist. I will not talk about using rare candy to evolve our pokemon. I will not say when the Pokemon is about to evolve. I know in doing this, our chances of actually evolving our Pokemon will increase. PLEASE TAKE
(0_0)7 yes sir

rgnine

Crystal was great, Emerald was terrible, Fire Red was good, didn't watch most of Platinum.

I don't know man. For me, Crystal killed it because they were forcing the "lore" aspect too much. It wasn't like Red where everything just happened naturally. That and the whole Democracy being prominent. Starting Crystal so soon after Red also played a large factor.

(0_0)7 yes sir

You broke the oath
You're not supposed to show the quote, now THEY know

EDIT: Wall of Shame TPP Platinum
F6Rd2zi.png

HELL YEAH BACK TO NUMBER 1 3 TIMES NOW

Btw, mentioned this in other thread, but top 5 users make up ~49% of the posts in the last thread

EDIT2: rofl, that windows help tab

Crayolan

Woot. So close.
Guys....guys one last time to verb Misty.

Also streamer-sempi: "starters are completely randomized, not 3 evolutions only, since the starters don't tend to make it very far I didn't see the point in restricting it"

Wonderguard Arceus hype!

I thought Crystal was good, Emerald was amazing, Fire Red was terrible, and Platinum was great.

I've noticed Emerald is a very decisive game.

You guys already completed platinum? The fuck?

I approve of the team though. Roserade and Bronzong are fucking boss.

We had a badass team. And the Platinum E4 was a bunch of pushovers compared to the Emerald E4, which was pretty much designed to solely fuck over TPP.

Btw, mentioned this in other thread, but top 5 users make up ~49% of the posts in the last thread

Welp.

We had a badass team. And the Platinum E4 was a bunch of pushovers compared to the Emerald E4, which was pretty much designed to solely fuck over TPP.

Touchscreen makes a ton of a difference. In Emerald if it's not the top left skill it almost doesn't exist. With the touch screen all 4 skills are actually usable.

More people should've stayed with Platinum.
You guys missed out on a full-blown scandal, a 2-3 day boss requiring travel throughhout Sinnoh back to the distortion world, Raise Your Bronzongers, giving a Pokedoll to a legendary, and best of all, the DANCE RIOTS

Sometimes I wonder what it would've been like if stuff like this happened in TPPRed when the community was huge

Shit, i just realized. isn't every HG/SS rom basically broken as hell due to anti piracy stuff? I don't think this run is going to last. The game will probably break sooner rather than later.

PBalfredo

I'm laughing so hard at our name.

It's so close to another girl trainer named A that it's like "well let's add a little extra oooooooooo there. Yeah, that's different"

Top Bottom