• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call CE/LE Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
antQCQQ.jpg

1oRMFd4.jpg

Collector’s Edition Announced; Additional Pre-Order Incentive Upgrades Fans to Free Limited Edition Version
LOS ANGELES (June 3, 2014) – Designed for every music and FINAL FANTASY® fan, SQUARE ENIX, Inc. today announced a Collector’s Edition and a pre-order incentive for its upcoming rhythm action game, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL™.

Limited to 5,000 copies, the first-ever Collector’s Edition for the THEATRHYTHM franchise will feature a branded Nintendo 3DS™ system Collector’s Pouch, a robust 20-track ‘THE BEST OF THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL’ Music CD, ‘THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL - REMIX SELECTIONS’ Music CD (five-tracks)”, and five premium CollectaCards from the game. The Collector’s Edition will be available for $69.99 exclusively through the SQUARE ENIX Online Store.

Fans that pre-order the standard edition of the game will receive a complimentary upgrade to a Limited Edition version of the title, which includes the ‘THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL - REMIX SELECTIONS’ Music CD (five-tracks).” Pre-orders for THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL are now available through Amazon.

Featuring adorable miniaturized art style, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL includes 221 songs and over 60 playable characters from the FINAL FANTASY® franchise – including FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN® and FINAL FANTASY TACTICS®, as well as recently released titles like LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn®. Players can relive nostalgic moments as they tap their way through key FINAL FANTASY events, field themes and battle arrangements. In addition, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY: CURTAIN CALL will feature two brand-new modes, the competitive Versus Mode and Quest Medleys, which can be shared via Nintendo 3DS StreetPass™.

THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL will be available on Tuesday, September 16th for $39.99 exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ system. The game is rated “T” (Teen). For more information on ratings, visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org.

Related Links
Official Website: www.theatrhythm.com
Official Facebook® Page: www.facebook.com/theatrhythm

=========================================

Original post:
Didn't see anything about this in my searching, so please tap to the rhythm if old.

I was checking my Amazon preorders when I noticed this small blurb on the Curtain Call page:

gVIlQRv.png

Strange description. Is the "alternative packaging" the game itself? Are they saying there's more to the "Limited Edition" than the CD sampler? Probably not.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I read this as the limited edition 3DS because I didn't make it to the end of the title..
Still awesome though.

Bulzeeb

I have a question, will this game have all the content from the first one (like dissidia for example) or this will include compelte different things?

Blech, 5-10 track CD samplers are so lame, I can't muster any excitement for that kind of thing. Unless this is a "first-print freebie" type of thing.

Now, Ys: Celceta's collector's edition...now THAT was a limited edition soundtrack worth talking about.

Didn't see anything about this in my searching, so please tap to the rhythm if old.

I was checking my Amazon preorders when I noticed this small blurb on the Curtain Call page:

gVIlQRv.png

Strange description. Is the "alternative packaging" the game itself? Are they saying there's more to the "Limited Edition" than the CD sampler? Probably not.

First game had a LE with a stylus and stickers, so who knows

CorvoSol

I have a question, will this game have all the content from the first one (like dissidia for example) or this will include compelte different things?

Old + New is my understanding. The only thing not returning from the last game is the FFXV DLC.

On the one hand, tempting.

On the other hand, rhythm games (especially quality ones like this) I want to get digitally so it never has to leave my 3DS.

I swear if they sold Elite Beat Agents on the eShop and I didn't have to fuss with the cart, I'd be overjoyed.

joe1138

I was kinda hoping Square wouldn't release a limited edition version so I could just pick it up digitally.

I'm pretty sure the alternate packaging is probably just an outer cardboard case to hold both the CD and game case.

I was kinda hoping Square wouldn't release a limited edition version so I could just pick it up digitally.

I'm pretty sure the alternate packaging is probably just an outer cardboard case to hold both the CD and game case.

pretty sure the bold part will not happen. You know because square being square and all.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing this is more of a first print bonus. Similar to Atlus games on the 3DS. Needless to say I'm getting it.

On the one hand, tempting.

On the other hand, rhythm games (especially quality ones like this) I want to get digitally so it never has to leave my 3DS.

I swear if they sold Elite Beat Agents on the eShop and I didn't have to fuss with the cart, I'd be overjoyed.

They need to get DS support on the 3DS for EBA and Ouendan series... The Ouendan ones don't even need to be translated, just bring them for me to om-nom!

I don't carry around DS carts anymore, so their absence makes me sad.

If it is a 3 inch CD (the 5 tracks makes it possible) is could conceivably fit in the 3DS card case. This is more a pre-order bonus than limited edition.

I'm pretty sure you can get the first one on the eshop?
You are correct. Thing is eShop version is not just ROM dump and done, you need the digital manual (I think the first game is old enough not to have one) and some coding changes re:saving. This takes time and since Curtain Call supersedes the first game there is no point.

They need to get DS support on the 3DS for EBA and Ouendan series... The Ouendan ones don't even need to be translated, just bring them for me to om-nom!
The last thing I would hope for with VC support is games using licensed music especially worldwide rights for Jpop. Would be amazing if it happened. The EBA side makes me wonder if it was more permanent or longer since IIRC some of those were in Donkey Konga and Jam with the Band. Then again there is that karaoke rights so maybe it isn't so impossible.

Celegus

The song list isn't out yet correct? Final boss theme from Lightning Returns would make this insta-buy for me.

daydream

Banned
I would hate it if the LE ended up being the one to have the beautiful cover art with all the characters up on stage.The non-final white one doesn't look that hot.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Uh.

The blurb seems to have vanished today. Maybe they revealed it too early?

Five tracks doesn't sound very much, or seem very "limited edition" special. The exclusive packaging sounds intriguing though. I have had my copy pre-ordered since the amazon page popped up. Can't wait for more info. Like a release date please!!!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Boom goes the dynamite.

antQCQQ.jpg

1oRMFd4.jpg

Collector’s Edition Announced; Additional Pre-Order Incentive Upgrades Fans to Free Limited Edition Version
LOS ANGELES (June 3, 2014) – Designed for every music and FINAL FANTASY® fan, SQUARE ENIX, Inc. today announced a Collector’s Edition and a pre-order incentive for its upcoming rhythm action game, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL™.

Limited to 5,000 copies, the first-ever Collector’s Edition for the THEATRHYTHM franchise will feature a branded Nintendo 3DS™ system Collector’s Pouch, a robust 20-track ‘THE BEST OF THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL’ Music CD, ‘THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL - REMIX SELECTIONS’ Music CD (five-tracks)”, and five premium CollectaCards from the game. The Collector’s Edition will be available for $69.99 exclusively through the SQUARE ENIX Online Store.

Fans that pre-order the standard edition of the game will receive a complimentary upgrade to a Limited Edition version of the title, which includes the ‘THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL - REMIX SELECTIONS’ Music CD (five-tracks).” Pre-orders for THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL are now available through Amazon.

Featuring adorable miniaturized art style, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL includes 221 songs and over 60 playable characters from the FINAL FANTASY® franchise – including FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN® and FINAL FANTASY TACTICS®, as well as recently released titles like LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn®. Players can relive nostalgic moments as they tap their way through key FINAL FANTASY events, field themes and battle arrangements. In addition, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY: CURTAIN CALL will feature two brand-new modes, the competitive Versus Mode and Quest Medleys, which can be shared via Nintendo 3DS StreetPass™.

THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL will be available on Tuesday, September 16th for $39.99 exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ system. The game is rated “T” (Teen). For more information on ratings, visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org.

Related Links
Official Website: www.theatrhythm.com
Official Facebook® Page: www.facebook.com/theatrhythm

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Damn, $70? OH well, take my money anyways. I already bought all the dlc for the first one.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Ordered the CE. Only 5,000 copies probably means it's gonna go fast.

Thanks for letting me know. Another thing, and this should be assumed, but they don't charge until release date right? I hope.

my card is failing payment auth because I don't have enough :<

What is This shit?

Currently, boxed games can only be shipped to destinations within Spain, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Iceland. Please remove any boxed games to continue with your purchase.

No Holland, Belgium or UK even...

Het_Nkik

Thanks for letting me know. Another thing, and this should be assumed, but they don't charge until release date right? I hope.

my card is failing payment auth because I don't have enough :<

They place a temporary hold on the payment but don't push the charge through. The hold lasts about a week then disappears then they don't charge till they ship.

MrDaravon

Can anyone who has pre-ordered tell me if the temporary charge is like $1, or is it the full amount? I'd have no way of having the full charge amount available in my bank until Friday. This is by far my most anticipated game this year, already having a bit of a panic attack over possibly not being able to get the LE :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom