• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VVVVVV: level editor and user created levels now free, coming to Vita and more news

Sendou

A version with level editor and user created levels is now free on Windows/Mac/Linux (clicking each platform starts download).

I’m releasing a special build of VVVVVV on Windows, Mac and Linux today. It’s called VVVVVV: Make and Play Edition, and it’s completely free. This version of the game only includes the player levels and the level editor – which means that, from now on, the tools to make and play VVVVVV player levels are completely free.

VVVVVV now available on iPhone, iPad, Android, and OUYA!

Nicalis have been working on a Vita port as well – this should be coming out sometime this summmer!

Surprise! Today I’m also releasing another game on iOS and Android: Super Gravitron. It’s a little minigame that you might remember from the end of VVVVVV!

It’s acting as sort of a demo, but mostly I just think it happens to work really well as it’s own thing on mobile. And it’s completely free!

ach-640x191n8l42.png

Thanks to Ethan Lee, VVVVVV on desktop has finally gotten an update! Version 2.2 fixes a bunch of long standing bugs (for example, player level warp lines) and makes the 2.1 changes official (like player maps, coloured text in player levels, editor direct mode, etc).

If you’re on steam, this update also adds achievements! They’re the same ones that VVVVVV always had, except now they’re recognised by steam. If you’ve already got them, log into today and you should get awarded a bunch of them at once, which is extremely satisfying!

Introducing: MMMMMM! A complete Metal cover of the VVVVVV soundtrack! You can pick it up today directly from Souleye!

The soundtrack comes with a mod, which you can install in your player level directory to play the game with the metal soundtrack instead of the original one!

Source: http://distractionware.com/blog/2014/06/outer-space/

GulAtiCa

Does the Vita port have level editor too?

Remember, they promised that for 3DS version, and never came. So hold back your expectations.

TerryCavanagh

Neo Member
Vita version probably won't have the level editor either, but that's up to Nicalis, I'm not really very involved with their console ports. It will support the player levels, though!

Absolutely love everything about this game. Already have it on 3DS and Steam, but I'll definitely be grabbing it for Vita and that metal soundtrack.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent! A good reason to replay this :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

edit: Actually, I'm going to replay PC or 3DS version anticipating the Vita port

Top Bottom