• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is just pictures of tornados

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen one person and don't wish to. It is one of the most terrifyingly majestic and frightening things on Earth (in my opinion).

tornado-lrg.en.jpg

tornado-south-of-dimmit-tx-1995-noaa-nssl.jpg

Tornado+Photos+and+Wallpapers+1.jpg

Tornadoes.jpg

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I love you, but no.

NO.

I am not Bill Paxton enough for that shit.

I was out camping in a state park one weekend and we had a tornado with heavy rain. Best shelter I could find? Public restroom in the park made of stone. That was fun.

Two great things about that weekend though:
1. I've always known how deep Nebraska Cornhusker football runs here (born and raised Child of the Corn, baby) but hearing the radio announcers from an Omaha station interrupt safety information for a score update for an away Husker football game was priceless
2. The night immediately after that was another tornado. I got to know that tiny square stone outhouse pretty well.

sunnz

Those Cell tornado's are absolutly scary as fuck, even just pictures gets me scared, imagine looking at them in real life.
Some apocalypse shit.

Rotating%20super%20cell.jpg

I know Vancouver doesn't get tornadoes, but yesterday I swear there was a funnel cloud over our house(I'm from Michigan originally so I know funnel clouds), but that wasn't the strangest thing. There were dozens and dozens of birds circling around our street under the cloud. It was like a scene out of a movie. Very bizarre, but really cool. The only thing I can think of is they were sensing something. My wife and mother in-law with me never saw anything like it either, and they are from BC originally. Is it possible a tornado could have begun forming in lower mainland BC?

I was out camping in a state park one weekend and we had a tornado with heavy rain. Best shelter I could find? Public restroom in the park made of stone. That was fun.

Two great things about that weekend though:
1. I've always known how deep Nebraska Cornhusker football runs here (born and raised Child of the Corn, baby) but hearing the radio announcers from an Omaha station interrupt safety information for a score update for an away Husker football game was priceless
2. The night immediately after that was another tornado. I got to know that tiny square stone outhouse pretty well.

I imagine the same happens in Alabama.

Radio: An F4 has been spotted traveling due east towards the Tuscaloosa metro area and we are advising everyone in the area to shelter immediately in the center portion of your house away from any windo.....Touchdown Ed Lacy! Alabama now leads the Georgia Bulldogs 21-17 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter! ROLL TIDE! If you have access to a basement, now is the time to take cover underground.

I've seen one in person 3 times in my life. Once as a little kid... one of my earliest memories. We were all quickly moving into a storm cellar behind my grandparents' house.

The second time I was an adult living in my apartment at the time which was on the tenth floor and had a view where you could see for many miles across the river into KCK (on Quality Hill looking west, for those who know KC). I had friends over and we had a great view of it, but there was probably no way it could make it to us. We probably should have headed downstairs, since the conditions were certainly capable of dropping another one right there on us, but we didn't. It was wild stuff.

The third time I was driving down the highway in western Kansas and it was behind me, considerably closer than the horizon. There was huge trash and debris blowing across the road. I hauled ass away from it as quickly as possible while dodging the stuff. I had a friend with me. We were heading toward Manhattan, KS, where K-State is. When we got to the edge of town, we ran into the first house we passed. Actually, we knocked on the ddor and nobody was home, but the door was unlocked. We went in and down to their basement. Then when it was over we left. It was weird... we had just entered a total stranger's home. We felt like burglars, but we didn't mess with anything.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Those Cell tornado's are absolutly scary as fuck, even just pictures gets me scared, imagine looking at them in real life.
Some apocalypse shit.

Rotating%20super%20cell.jpg

"Hello. Welcome to Death"

What.

I know Vancouver doesn't get tornadoes, but yesterday I swear there was a funnel cloud over our house(I'm from Michigan originally so I know funnel clouds), but that wasn't the strangest thing. There were dozens and dozens of birds circling around our street under the cloud. It was like a scene out of a movie. Very bizarre, but really cool. The only thing I can think of is they were sensing something. My wife and mother in-law with me never saw anything like it either, and they are from BC originally. Is it possible a tornado could have begun forming in lower mainland BC?

Fuck you, climate change! I live in Surrey, that shit would make me shit my pants.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
How many places in the world do Tornadoes even happen?

I've heard they're basically a uniquely North American phenomenon but I find that hard to believe.

Finrod

Banned
Something i really want to experience once in my life, strange as that may be.
Although we dont get tornadoes around these parts.

How many places in the world do Tornadoes even happen?

I've heard they're basically a uniquely North American phenomenon but I find that hard to believe.

Yeah, according to Wiki they're not 100% exclusive to North America, but close to it:

Tornadoes have been observed on every continent except Antarctica. However, the vast majority of tornadoes occur in the Tornado Alley region of the United States, although they can occur nearly anywhere in North America.[6] They also occasionally occur in south-central and eastern Asia, northern and east-central South America, Southern Africa, northwestern and southeast Europe, western and southeastern Australia, and New Zealand.[7]

Saw one at the beach last year. Clouds were rolling in, and we were wondering when we should pack up. About 10 miles down the beach, you saw this funnel cloud form and touchdown over the water.

We decided that was the time to leave.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I imagine the same happens in Alabama.

Radio: An F4 has been spotted traveling due east towards the Tuscaloosa metro area and we are advising everyone in the area to shelter immediately in the center portion of your house away from any windo.....Touchdown Ed Lacy! Alabama now leads the Georgia Bulldogs 21-17 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter! ROLL TIDE! If you have access to a basement, now is the time to take cover underground.

That's actually not to far off from what they said. I still remember most of it word for word.

It went something like: "...and take shelter interior rooms away from windows. Now, I know the information we're giving you could be lifesaving and important but we wanted to give you an up-date on the Husker game in Columbia, with the Huskers leading the Tigers..."

I just reverse image searched it and it's real.

Well, I'll be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom