• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

East coast GAF - did you just feel that earthquake?!

MastAndo

My whole house shook in Queens, NY. Pretty crazy, I know we've had minor quakes here and there, but I can't recall feeling anything like that.

SoloCamo

I'm in the far southeast so no, but when I lived in NY I remember going through a minor earthquake while in an old house on the 2nd floor. Felt quite odd.

Cyberpunkd

As someone who grew up in CA, 4.8 is rookie numbers, pump that shit up
200.gif

I was in the backyard with the pets and didn't feel shit. Don't think the animals noticed either. Gonna have to check the security cam footage Edit: yeah there's like no evidence on my cameras that an earthquake even occured lol. Even the animals were just chillin

Last edited:

8bitpill

Nothing here in Maine, but have had multiple friends that live in NY and NJ say they all felt it.

This happen back in Philadelphia when I still lived there between 2010/2012. It was weird and I remember calling my wife that worked in center city right away to make sure nothing happen in the four story building she worked in.

giphy.gif

Thaedolus

People in CA don't even wake up for a 4.8
Hell we got had a 5.7 in the state I live in now as I was waking up and reading the news in bed, and I just shrugged it off until my wife yells “(my name) GET OUT HERE!!”

“What for?”

“Didn’t you feel that??!”

“Yeah it stopped.”

“What do we do??!”

“Nothing? Unless you smell gas”

“GO TURN IT OFF JUST IN CASE”

🤦

Sure we had a couple strong aftershocks but it’s not like the house was coming down. But now we have 72 hour grab bags for us, the kids and the animals…which really we should’ve had anyway I guess.

poodaddy

Nothing here in Maine, but have had multiple friends that live in NY and NJ say they all felt it.

This happen back in Philadelphia when I still lived there between 2010/2012. It was weird and I remember calling my wife that worked in center city right away to make sure nothing happen in the four story building she worked in.

giphy.gif
Yeah I didn't feel anything either. Kinda jealous reading about it, as I've never consciously experienced an earthquake, even when I lived on the west coast. Slept through several, but I want to experience it for some reason lol.

8bitpill

Yeah I didn't feel anything either. Kinda jealous reading about it, as I've never consciously experienced an earthquake, even when I lived on the west coast. Slept through several, but I want to experience it for some reason lol.
First time it was happening in August 2011 (narrowed down the month and year) I was just confused. It made enough of a shake to be noticeable but not worrisome.

I prefer Maine and it stable rocky ground.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I was at work in PA on my lunch break, and we were just looking at each other. I initially thought it was the construction right by us, until family members started texting. Only heard a mild rumble and the tables kinda vibrated.

I was on the beach at the Jersey Shore for the last one. That one was wild.

Top Bottom