• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Legends exclusive to Xbox, EA confirms

~~Hasan~~

i am not much into FIFA but I need to ask, is this even a big exclusive content ? because no one did talk about it in FIFA 14

Bundy

Banned
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...e-team-legends-exclusive-to-xbox-ea-confirms/

EA must love Microsofts cash, seriously though, I wish this BS would stop
Deal with it!
3rd Party (AAA) exclusives are a thing of the past. Too expensive for both sides. So exclusives deals for DLC's, modes, maps, etc. are making so much more sense.
i am not much into FIFA but I need to ask. is this even a big exclusive ? because no one did talk about it in FIFA 14
Not really.

EA must love Microsofts cash, seriously though, I wish this BS would stop

They love the cash of whoever is willing to throw it their way to promote their games. Last gen they did a lot of stuff with Sony (and loved their money), this gen they're doing stuff with Microsoft...

They love the cash of whoever is willing to throw it their way to promote their games. Last gen they did a lot of stuff with Sony (and loved their money), this gen they're doing stuff with Microsoft...

it was wrong then, it's wrong now, I hate this anti gamer anti consumer BS no matter who does it.

NHale

i am not much into FIFA but I need to ask, is this even a big exclusive content ? because no one did talk about it in FIFA 14

It is an exclusive that makes it possible to get a Legend card on the FUT packs. Considering it's very rare to get a FUT legend, only a small percentage of X360/X1 owners actually get the exclusive content.

Basically Xbox has the exclusivity to very very rare loot drops than you can get by spending money or FUT coins. That's why nobody cared after they realize what the exclusive actually meant besides some games media members in the US that keep believing it's a huge deal.

GHG

It is an exclusive that makes it possible to get a Legend card on the packs you buy. So only a small percentage of users actually get the exclusive content.

So basically Xbox has the exclusivity to very rare loot drops than you can get by spending money or FUT coins.

Yes, but in reality, no shits are given:

UK individual formats chart – 25 January

1 (1) FIFA 14 (PS4)
2 (3) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (360)
3 (2) Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
4 (4) FIFA 14 (360)
5 (5) Call Of Duty: Ghosts (PS4)
6 (6) FIFA 14 (XO)
7 (9) Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360)
8 (7) Battlefield 4 (PS4)
9 (8) FIFA 14 (PS3)
10(12)Battlefield 4 (XO)

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/27/fifa-14-still-top-of-uk-charts-as-sales-figures-revealed-4278691/

Why Microsoft insist on wasting money on this rubbish I don't know.

Maybe EA signed them into a multi-year deal for this - in which case they are suckers and EA is laughing all the way to the bank.

I saw one one legend in 100s of hours of UT, and that was Robbie Fowler. This is basically like saying 'here's a lottery ticket exclusive to Xbox One'.

tensuke

And my money stays exclusive to my wallet when it comes to EA games.
Just kidding, I don't really care either way.

KJRS_1993

From my understanding, this exclusive content let's you pay extra money to open packs, which have a 'chance' to unlock the Legend players. You're not guaranteed to get the players, even if you spent thousands of pounds on packs.
And the players only last for that years edition of the game, and you must unlock them again in next years edition.
How is this considered content worth locking down to your platform?

From my understanding, this exclusive content let's you pay extra money to open packs, which have a 'chance' to unlock the Legend players. You're not guaranteed to get the players, even if you spent thousands of pounds on packs.
And the players only last for that years edition of the game, and you must unlock them again in next years edition.

I will never understand why people pay for this crap :/

Beefy

Haven't a clue, I don't see the point in it tbh.

EGOMON

PS4 v.s. One v.s. Wii U on Amazon.co.uk

As of June 17th, 2014 - 14:40 GMT

FIFA 15
PS4 | Ultimate Team Edition (£52) - 13th / Stanard (£45) - 28th
One | Ultimate Team Edition (£52) - 24th / Stanard (£45) - 187th
lol

Bgamer90

Banned
I don't understand these ultimate team modes in EA Sports games at all (well, in terms of why people like them so much) but many people are apparently hooked on them; remember reading reports that stated some people spend $1,000+ on these modes. Insane.

I guess some really hardcore players will get an Xbox One solely due to this game mode -- crack addict mentality (lol).

I guess EA learned nothing from the Titanfall saga

If anything, EA is getting a good deal on this. $$$ from the exclusive deal on the mode while at the same time still selling the game on multiple (almost all modern) platforms.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
can you carry your Fifa 14 progress from PS4 -> XB1?

We have Fifa 14 on PS4 but my son is thinking he might want '15 on XB1 as his Fifa friends will mostly have XB1s. But he'll want to keep all his FUT stuff - wondering if that is tied to origin or something so it is portable?

Only crazy people pay huge sums of money to get players for a team that lasts a year.

Because they enjoy it and that's ok.

Smart people wait till after the price drop in new year and buy coins from a merchant at a low price or even wait till the end of the season and buy a very good team for 10k.

LegoArmo

can you carry your Fifa 14 progress from PS4 -> XB1?

We have Fifa 14 on PS4 but my son is thinking he might want '15 on XB1 as his Fifa friends will mostly have XB1s. But he'll want to keep all his FUT stuff - wondering if that is tied to origin or something so it is portable?

You don't keep your Ultimate Team stuff year to year even if you play on the same console.

NHale

If anything, EA is getting a good deal on this. $$$ from the exclusive deal on the mode while at the same time still selling the game on multiple (almost all modern) platforms.

The exclusive is not a game mode. It's just a 30 exclusive player cards to use in a game mode (the equivalent of 30 exclusive guns in Borderlands). Exclusive cards with less than 0,001% of chance of you getting in a FUT pack. This is actually the ultimate exclusive!

Also most of those FUT legends are worse than very common player cards that everyone gets in a pack or you can get for 2.000 coins (you can get them in 2/3 matches) in the trade market. That's why nobody cares about FUT legends because itsfuckingnothing.gif unless you are one of the 10 people that actually got Pele in a pack.

Beefy

Because they enjoy it and that's ok.

Smart people wait till after the price drop in new year and buy coins from a merchant at a low price or even wait till the end of the season and buy a very good team for 10k.

It's not ok when some child is doing it on dads card.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
It makes a lot of sense for EA to give exclusivity to the console that is in second place. Makes up for less sales.

GHG

the thing is FIFA 14 was given away with the day 1 XBO sku,

I dont understand what you're getting at...

Regardless, these are the latest uk sales charts:

01 (01) PS4 WATCH DOGS (UBISOFT)
02 (04) WIU MARIO KART 8 (NINTENDO)
03 (02) 360 WATCH DOGS (UBISOFT)
04 (03) XBO WATCH DOGS (UBISOFT)
05 (06) PS3 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION 3 EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
06 (10) 360 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
07 (07) 360 MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION (MICROSOFT)
08 (05) PS3 WATCH DOGS (UBISOFT)
09 (08) XBO TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (14) PS3 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
11 (16) PS4 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
12 (15) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE (NINTENDO)
13 (13) PS4 WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
14 (17) XBO WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
15 (24) 360 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
16 (20) 360 PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
17 (09) PS4 MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
18 (23) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
19 (19) 360 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
20 (25) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
21 (28) XBO FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
22 (27) 360 TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
23 (22) 360 WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
24 (11) XBO MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
25 (26) 360 THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
26 (35) 360 TERRARIA (505 GAMES)
27 (18) 360 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
28 (31) XBO FIGHTER WITHIN (UBISOFT)
29 (30) 360 BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
30 (29) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

Bgamer90

Banned
The exclusive is not a game mode. It's just a 30 exclusive player cards to use in a game mode (the equivalent of 30 exclusive guns in Borderlands). Exclusive cards with less than 0,001% of chance of you getting in a FUT pack. This is actually the ultimate exclusive!

Also most of those FUT legends are worse than very common player cards that everyone gets in a pack or you can get for 2.000 coins (you can get them in 2/3 matches) in the trade market. That's why nobody cares about FUT legends because itsfuckingnothing.gif unless you are one of the 10 people that actually got Pele in a pack.

Wow. That's crazy. Again, I don't follow the mode since I'm not interested in it so I didn't know the difference.

If you are a football fan then its a pretty good feature that would make you purchase the Xbox version.

Hopefully they expand the roster of classic players a bit this time around.

Steroyd

On one hand it's encouraging to see MS be pro-active and try something to appeal to the European market but moneyhatting for a bunch of cards that are really rare to obtain via lottery, is pretty much daylight robbery from EA.

Xater

That's because no one cared and it had no reflection on the sales. In fact I am pretty sure the Playstation versions did better than the Xbox versions.

Beefy

If you are a football fan then its a pretty good feature that would make you purchase the Xbox version.

Hopefully they expand the roster of classic players a bit this time around.

I can't see many football fans wanting a XboxOne just for some rare cards.

ilib0y

Neo Member
FIFA has always been seen as a Playstation game, and is a huge seller. This is Microsoft's way of trying to buy fans but really nobody cares. The only winner from this is EA. From what I saw of FUT14 most fans were livid that the legend cards were almost impossible to get in a pack.

ps3ud0

There are people that care about this, Ive just mentioned this to a mate who lives for FIFA and FUT who was tempted to get it on the PS4 instead of the XO because of the lack of friends to play against and with this news hes instantly decided to get it on the XO instead...

ps3ud0 8)

Ray665

More guys I'll never get. Who cares........Played Ultimate team for first time last year got pretty hooked. Don't think I'll do that again. That was my single player mode when the club wasn't around will focus more on pro club drop in matches I think.

Top Bottom