• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red |OT| Oda’s Fan Service DLCs Pending

OimEu0c.png

Information
Release Date: June 12, 2014 (JP); June 27, 2014 (EU & AU); July 8, 2014 (NA)
Platforms: Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii U (Digital only for NA and AU), PlayStation Vita (Physical for NA only at GameStop)
Developer: Ganbarion
Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
Genre: Action/Adventure
Number of Players: (Local play only) 1-2 players on console; 1-4 players on handhelds
Downloadable Contents: Yes, further DLCs after Day 1 edition pending*
Cross Saves between handhelds and consoles: Yes
Wii U Off TV Play: Yes
Streetpass: Exchange bounties*
Game size: Nintendo 3DS = TBC*, PlayStation Vita = 1538MB (1.5GB), PlayStation 3 = 4444MB (4.4GB), Nintendo Wii U = 10.7GB (15.2GB required)
Price from (EU): Nintendo 3DS = €39,99, PlayStation Vita = €39,99, PlayStation 3 = €59,99, Nintendo Wii U = €48,90
Price from (UK): Nintendo 3DS = £26.69, PlayStation Vita = £26.89, PlayStation 3 = £39.89, Nintendo Wii U = £33.20
Price from (NA): Nintendo 3DS = $29.99, PlayStation Vita = $39.99, PlayStation 3 = $49.99, Nintendo Wii U = TBC*
Price from (AU): Nintendo 3DS = $69.95, PlayStation Vita = $59.95, PlayStation 3 = $79.95, Nintendo Wii U = TBC*
Official Websites: NA Site|EU Site|JP Site|AU Site
Miiverse Communities: JP|EU & AU|NA
Miiverse - Everyone's Log Community: NA
*Waiting on confirmation and more details

About
Description
The Straw Hat Pirates encounter and befriend a cheerful yet mysterious raccoon named Pato who possesses a shadowy power to create anything drawn onto a leaf. In order to help their new friend, the Straw Hat Pirates agree to assist Pato on an ambiguous mission “to meet someone;” Pato then leads the crew to the Forgotten Island where all the Straw Hat Pirates except Luffy are successively kidnapped by a wicked pirate named The Red Count, who had escaped the lower depths of Impel Down two years ago. With Pato’s help, Luffy must fight to recover his crew from the enemy’s grasp and find out exactly what The Red Count’s evil plots are…

Features
  • An Original Story to discover along with the classical chapters !
  • Take part into epic fights against famous bosses up until the Dressrosa Chapter
  • The new Battle Coliseum Mode will allow players to show their skills in this dangerous Arena
  • All the Straw-Hat crew members will be playable in all modes
  • Eichiiro Oda new exclusive characters Pato & Red will be part of the Adventure
  • Thanks to an Expanding Town, fans will enjoy an Endless Playability
  • Just like in the Original piece of art, each of the characters will have his or her signature abilities
  • Tons of Co-Op activities: fishing, bug catching, battling, cooking, mining, battling, exploring…

Game edition(s) and covers
Straw Hat Edition = Day 1; Chopper Edition = EU/AU Collector's Edition (PS3 only)
Straw Hat Edition:
  • One Piece Unlimited World Red full game
  • Exclusive Costumes: 10 outfits - Luffy Strong World Outfit & the Anniversary Pack with 9 outfits commemorating Japan's 15th anniversary of the One Piece animated series.
  • A unique quest where the 2 brothers are re-united: “Flame Fist & Straw Hat”
Chopper Edition:
  • One Piece Unlimited World Red Day 1 Edition
  • Key Holder of Chopper
  • 10 stickers of the Straw Hat Crew members and the game logo
  • Wall scroll of Chopper
  • Lanyard with Chopper
  • Artbook
  • The Takoyaki DLC Pack (3 costumes & 1 quest)
Media
Screenshots, more here.
Trailers

Subheading explanation:

georly

Is the gameplay like musou or ua?

Edit: lol great minds think alike.

Hah!

From the same developers of the Wii series.

UA for NA peeps, more UC for everywhere else.

Thanks, good to know. Probably still getting it. I got really bored of UA for some reason about halfway through. Hopefully this one is better?

Why is the 3DS version cheaper than the Vita version?

less pixels :p (I think because 3DS is just a port of the old, already existing one, whereas vita is the same as the wii u/ps3 ones?)

what's UA or UC?

Unlimited adventure and Unlimited Cruise

20120924211512!One_Piece_Unlimited_Adventure_cover.png
One_Piece_Unlimited_Cruise_Episode_1_cover.png

Sharkz1

Neo Member
Couple questions:

Is there anything I'd be missing out getting the Wii U version over the others?
Does the Wii U version get day 1 dlc as well?
And the game doesn't have any sort of online play, right?

vareon

Thought it was this week. July 8 isn't that far away, though.

Is this dubbed or subbed? (I'm fine with either)

Sacul64GC

Banned
Whats the best ver to buy? I have the 3DS as my main portable so if I go portable I would get it on that over Vita.do the WiiU/PS3 ver offer anything different? NA btw.

Tizoc

I havent finished op musou 2 yet >_>;
I want impressions for vita and 3ds versions pls. If one of these 2 has goodframerate ill get it.

Tsunamo

Looking forward to getting my One Piece fix on Vita. I tried the Japanese 3DS demo and it seemed like fun but the original 3DS's small screen really detracted from my enjoyment, getting the Vita version should fix that. (and without having to tradeoff portability for it)

I also wanna double dip on the Wii U version if I enjoy it enough but there's been no indication if it's actually getting a digital release in Australia. Ah well, there's always the option of importing if worst come to worst.
Why is the 3DS version cheaper than the Vita version?
Oddly enough it's more cheaper in Australia on Vita. It's even more odd considering Battle of Z on Vita was $69.95 here.

Thought it was this week. July 8 isn't that far away, though.

Is this dubbed or subbed? (I'm fine with either)
Subbed
Couple questions:

Is there anything I'd be missing out getting the Wii U version over the others?
Does the Wii U version get day 1 dlc as well?
And the game doesn't have any sort of online play, right?
No online, the Wii U should have the day 1 dlc on the eShop if you are NA. And everything is the same between PS3 version cept you can play off tv and Miiverse.
Whats the best ver to buy? I have the 3DS as my main portable so if I go portable I would get it on that over Vita.do the WiiU/PS3 ver offer anything different? NA btw.
3DS has streetpass and Miiverse, Wii U has off tv and miiverse, PS3 and Vita has trophies. Also Vita version for NA is a Gamestop exclusive.

Some Vita videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rDNTCFF950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkIdBXKrRzM

Tenshi Hauru

Neo Member
So hype for this game. Snatched up a Vita pre-order at Gamestop last week and will probably pick up a PS3 copy down the road so long as this isn't a limited print ordeal. I would've done Wii U as my console copy since that box art actually looks good with the Wii U banner... But no retail release here in the states. =(

It's been years since Unlimited Adventure. Still salty and extremely jealous that you EU fellas got Unlimited Cruise. Really looking forward to how the series has progressed since Adventure.

Reknoc

FYI forgot to put in the inital post of OT, there is cross saves between consoles and handhelds.

Huh I tried to find this a few days a go but couldn't see anywhere that said it had cross save.

Either way got the Chopper Edition preordered and will probably double dip on the vita version lol

Woop! Love One Piece and will be getting this asap.

Never seen that Zoro Armor Edition though. How does one get it? Does everyone in Europe just get it on the PSN/eShop or what?

Woop! Love One Piece and will be getting this asap.

Never seen that Zoro Armor Edition though. How does one get it? Does everyone in Europe just get it on the PSN/eShop or what?

Think some shops are offering it like Amazon France: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_181479567_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000804603&pf_rd_m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=1QCYEYMRDGYN8QR9RS31&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=492549327&pf_rd_i=B00JFO50XY but don't know which shops exactly are offering it. None in the UK from what I can tell at least =/

I watched 12 eps of the anime and hated luffy, should I cancel my vita preorder
One Piece is a slow burner at the beginning particularly the anime but what people say lol stop if you hate the main character =P

That poster for the day 1 edition just says playstation and 3ds, does the digital wiiu version in NA not get the bonus stuff?

Should be up on the eShop on add-on content section when you download I'm guessing, think I read somewhere they'll be free for a month but can't recall where, so don't take my entire word for it.

Ryuukan

Kouriozan

Yep, loved unlimited cruise, will probably get this one too.
Maybe on Wii U for some local co-op with my brother and off-TV play.

Does the game focus on the other characters and let me play as them instead? What about those two florida meth hound girls

Nope sorry, you're stuck playing as Luffy for a while until you get them back:
"Pato then leads the crew to the Forgotten Island where all the Straw Hat Pirates except Luffy are successively kidnapped by a wicked pirate named The Red Count"
But afterwards I believe you can play as whomever you like, till maybe the ending.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just a heads up. The Namco Bandai store is also selling the Vita Version and ships through Amazon. So you can use Amazon gift cards on it.
Oh cool, I'll keep that in mind. I was already planning on possibly pre-ordering from GS since I want the Vita version, but good to know I have another option now.

Might get this if I have the cash/no other games at the moment. I'm only as far as Toonami is at the moment (i.e JUST met Sogeking/Sniper King, so yeah, only about episode 258 at the moment), but from what I understand, aside from "HEY, these people exist and will appear later in the series!", I've heard this doesn't spoil much, especially since it's an original story, similar to Pirate Warriors 2.

Tenshi Hauru

Neo Member
Does the game focus on the other characters and let me play as them instead? What about those two florida meth hound girls

If it's anything like the other Unlimited games, you will be able to choose whichever crew member you want at any time. However, the story will still give you plenty of Luffy exposure.

Edit:
Nope sorry, you're stuck playing as Luffy for a while until you get them back:

Completely forgot about that bit. Yeah, you're stuck with Luffy at the start.

how does it run on wii u ps3 vita?

being a 3ds port... i'd expect good framerate?

Any import impressions? is the game any good? Or just standard anime license 'quality'?

it does look kinda pretty

Top Bottom