• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Division has been downgraded

Status
Not open for further replies.
never heard of this website and this comes way of N4G, so this may be real or it may be click bait. figured it was worth a post at the very least. mods please lock if not allowed.

basically a Ubi insider who is working on the development of the Division is conversing with the author and detailing what has changed with the game since the initial e3 2013 reveal, more at the link. http://whatifgaming.com/the-division-developer-insider-we-already-downgraded-a-few-things
nR8ZHT7.png

Seems a bit too good of a headline to be factual, so I'll stay in the camp of skepticism for right now. But I have no doubt that the version shipping (at least on consoles) will not hold a candle to the E3 presentations.

Pikma

Banned
#SHOCKINGNEWS

Who could have seen that coming, huh?
The rumor's probably fake though, since guessing something like that is fairly easy these days.

mo60

They have more than a year most likely to play around with the pc version of the game.So that version of the game will be fine I hope. I hope they have a good reason for doing this if it true.I don't believe this rumor yet.

Blizzard

Banned
While this could of course be an actual insider, I wonder because this sentence is hurting my brain:

Naturally we will also be using online servers and have to produce a synchronization that higher graphics add to the latency so it had to be turned down.

Even aside from the weird run-on phrasing (translation? transcription?), online as opposed to...offline servers?

Tablo

This is really making me not want to buy anything UBI...
Not cool to shaft PC like this on top of shit optimization in their games...

Even if this particular rumor is bullshit, its a forgone conclusion that the Division will look nowhere near as good as when it was first revealed.

thebloo

It reads too much like something that would be written on the forums to be true. I mean, seriously, it's a full post of "preaching to the choir".

pa22word

Seems too convenient of a time for this "rumor" to have materialized to be true, honestly.

And the worst part about rumors like these is that we all know the game is going to be downgraded, so when the real screens of the game eventually surface and feature downgraded effects, the rumor comes off as true when in reality it could easily still just be trollbait made to slander ubi.

Not that I'm defending Ubi or anything, but we really need to be careful with these types of rumors. They're dangerous and self serving, which leads to mass bandwagons of vitriol spewed at developers and pubs for what may be something of zero foundation.

Kai200X

Banned
Can't say I'm surprised if that's true, but then again I still have high hope for The Division so I will just wait and see.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
So you're saying the door won't close?

Doesn't have doors or wheels anymore it's the apocalypse you know.

While it's clearly obvious games like Watch_Dogs were gutted for consoles, there have been very little in the way of official sources on the matter. I think this is a very significant article if true.

Here's some more insider stuff, Rainbow Six or whatever that siege game they showed wont look like what they showed either. You heard it here first.

Not insider, it's just obvious to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom