• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Explorers hitting Japan this winter, first gameplay video

Shojx

Just saw this during the Direct, I thought it looked like a lot of fun. I like the faster paced approach, it looks like this game'll be a lot of fun to play with friends.

Bleep

Some posters in the Nintendo Direct thread were mentioning that this game had a good framerate, does Niconico have 60fps streaming to show that off? I was watching on Youtube so I couldn't tell if it was anything more impressive than 30.

Looks good enough to me!

I heard they already registered the name in both NA and EU

This is looking very likely to be localized

Glass Rebel

I hope you can move parts of the HUD to the bottom screen. Covering roughly a 1/6 of the screen with your abilities is a bad look.

Aru

I like this.
I hope it's fun in solo only, because I probably won't find a friend to play this game regularly.

Mael

Who knows? Maybe they will release it on iOS and Android later! :D I just hope this one comes out here. Haven't played a fun Final Fantasy game in ages.
A fun new FF game? I don't even know if I can understand the concept it's been so long!

looks like fun....

sigh...

guess I have to get a 3DS against my better judgement. I friggin hate that thing! so uncomfortable. Why doesn't Nintendo and Sony just make a gaming tablet you can use with a controller already -_-

wrowa

dat ffv remake tease

Evil.

Yeah. In understand why they did that, but considering 3DS users have been waiting for years for new FF remakes... that was evil. FF Explorer looks pretty good, though.

At the same time I can't seeing it become a success, somehow. I don't know, FF spin-offs lost their appeal in recent times.

looks like fun....

sigh...

guess I have to get a 3DS against my better judgement. I friggin hate that thing! so uncomfortable. Why doesn't Nintendo and Sony just make a gaming tablet you can use with a controller already -_-

So to you a tablet with a controller peripheral is more comfortable than a dedicated handheld gaming device?

We have differing opinions.

So to you a tablet with a controller peripheral is more comfortable than a dedicated handheld gaming device?

We have differing opinions.
what? yeah of course? It would be like playing on a TV for me. How isn't a controller more comfortable than a handheld device?

And 3DS is the worse offender anyway, xl does a bit better, but I much prefer a vita, even that, the buttons are just too friggin small for my hands. I just don't like portable gaming that much outside of a few minutes before bed at night.

Games like this, Bravery Default, old titles like chrono cross and vagrant story, etc...I want to play for hours with a controller like the old days. MH on WiiU was the best thing ever! I was hoping at least all these great titles would get ported to that console -_-

Stupid Japanese and there mobile lifestyles lol...they make me feel so lazy....

looks like fun....

sigh...

Just buy a grip. Makes my XL almost as comfy as the Gamecube controller.

Game looks, how would you call it, generic? The animations to the art style to the enemy physics. I feel like i've seen similar quality stuff on ios/android.

Reminds me of stuff like that blue dragon ds game, or ragnarok odyssey.

Might pick it up if it gets decent impressions, but nothing shown so far has wowed me yet.

magnetic

Looks really appealing, and not as mashy as Ragnarok Odyssey, while more RPG-ish than Monster Hunter. Combat looks like is has the right amount of "careful timing" and positioning going on. Combat in Ragnarok and God Eater just felt way too weightless to me, I hope this game does it better. Very nice character/enemy animations so far, and it looks rather pretty for a 3DS game.

these action rpg loot games are getting really tiring.

Why? Have you played all of them? If it´s not your genre, simply ignore it. These titles have a lot of fans and there´s still a lot of potential left in this style of games.

Nasser

Looks very very interesting. it true this is a monster hunter clone but with FF worlds and enemies, and bosses... this could be something huge. But I hope this game won't be repetitive since most MH clones I played are sooo repetitive in terms of bosses and areas.

krossj

Interested in different takes on the hunting action games so will probably pick this up when localised. I think I remember reading the name was registered in NA and EU?

MH4 coming out early 2015 though so I will probably be playing that instead. Releasing near then could hinder the game if it turns out to be decent.

Kinsei

Banned
Looks very very interesting. it true this is a monster hunter clone but with FF worlds and enemies, and bosses... this could be something huge. But I hope this game won't be repetitive since most MH clones I played are sooo repetitive in terms of bosses and areas.

It doesn't look like a MH clone to me. It looks much more similar to PSO.

Maedhros

It looks like Ragnarok Odyssey for Vita, except the lore from final fantasy. And people still called that a monster hunter clone.

Top Bottom