• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Still Launching This Winter Despite Square Enix Going Quiet for a Year

IFireflyl

Gold Member
They specifically mentioned development is according to plan and the plan was to release the game "next winter" when they announced it last year.

I addressed this, so I'm not sure what your response is countering. My point was if it is still in development, things can change really fast. It being on track now doesn't mean that a month from now they can't hit a snag that delays development by a month or more.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

Environments need to be more detailed. Honestly, they are doing great work on NPC look and animations which are overlooked in so many games but higher quality meshes and textures are needed this time. They don't need to rush it.

Go_Ly_Dow

Environments need to be more detailed. Honestly, they are doing great work on NPC look and animations which are overlooked in so many games but higher quality meshes and textures are needed this time. They don't need to rush it.
Expecting slightly better than FFVII Intergrade level graphics. Will launch with a smooth 60fps mode no doubt given how well it was received in that.

Will probably be running on UE4 like Star Wars Jedi Survivor. I think if they had moved it over to UE5 then it'd have been delayed until mid-late next year, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. They probably would have mentioned it was moving to UE5 too like they did for KH4.

Last edited:

I don't think some people realize how long it's been in development already. Development for Rebirth began in 2019, it's been over 3 1/2 years already.

Considering many of the same team moved right onto this title and many of the core systems were already in place from part 1 it probably sped things up quite a bit. They even said the base game was done last year and they were in mass production stage.

Uh nothing in that tweet says it is still releasing this Winter? What the fuck lol:messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's literally implied in the tweet. " Going according to plan", the plan was winter. December 2023- March 2024.

I'd pay close attention to Summer Games Fest. It seems very likely a trailer will drop there showing it off in all it's glory.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

I don't think they are rushing it at all. It's been in dev for over 3 1/2 years already and by time of launch will be over 4. Considering many of the same team moved right onto this title and many of the core systems were already in place from part 1 it probably sped things up quite a bit.

It's literally implied in the tweet. " Going according to plan", the plan was winter. December 2023- March 2024.
you are forgetting that those 3.5 years weren't normal........the PS4 version intial launch has issues, PS5 remasters are affecting everyone's memory in every game franchise these days which were remastered.

you are forgetting that those 3.5 years weren't normal........the PS4 version intial launch has issues, PS5 remasters are affecting everyone's memory in every game franchise these days which were remastered.

The base game was done last year. They were clearly doing well. People assume this game will have major issues but it's been radio silence outside of them saying things are running smoothly over and over. Unlike Part 1 where there were issues being talked about all the time. Nomura said he was starting work on part 3 last year when rebirth was revealed.

I mean Square managed to even drop a nearly 5 hour DLC out of nowhere with Intermission. They got their shit together.

It's been going fine and we will all realize that very soon when the trailer drops.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
They knew that the game would take a long time to release, still, they're into a decade and no second part of VII yet

That's stupid marketing

They knew that the game would take a long time to release, still, they're into a decade and no second part of VII yet

That's stupid marketing
And in that time we got the 60 FPS version with upgrades version of FF7R, we got Yuffie DLC, we got a remaster of Crisis Core that's borderline a remake....

I'd hardly say they've just left us hanging. Rebirth isn't far off either..

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If Rebith truly comes this winter then this year……

brooklyn-nine-nine-it-s-killing-me-e1l6ul0hbcv4xxan.gif

Lupin25

FF7R was great, I still haven’t finished Intergrade unfortunately. If it’s winter for part 2 it’s probably February-March to give FFXVI some space.

Still pretty strange seeing two major FF titles releasing less than 10 months apart.

I’ll definitely take it though

FF7R was great, I still haven’t finished Intergrade unfortunately. If it’s winter for part 2 it’s probably February-March to give FFXVI some space.

Still pretty strange seeing two major FF titles releasing less than 10 months apart.

I’ll definitely take it though
Honestly if anything it makes it feel like the golden years of Square where we'd see FF's so close to each other and they'd be bangers.

Go_Ly_Dow

Honestly if anything it makes it feel like the golden years of Square where we'd see FF's so close to each other and they'd be bangers.
I think S-E will end this generation strongly.

Next phase of FFXIV, FFXVI, final 2 FFVII Parts, KH4, DQ12 and probably NieR as well.

Whos knows, maybe a XVI-2 or at least a decent expansion. Maybe FFIX Remake or FFX-3....

Lupin25

Let’s hope. With all these delays for modern games it would be a nice return to form. Square has been really on point with FF as a franchise again.

More on Dragon Quest 12 soon and we’ll be set

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
My guess is that it'll get pushed back to fall 2024.

The game is just too ambitious to not be delayed.

Of course they’ve been quiet. They want people to focus on FF XVI and buy that. Why would they talk about Rebirth during the marketing cycle for XVI. It’s just common sense 🤷‍♂️

We’ll hear about Rebirth later this summer or fall

Of course they’ve been quiet. They want people to focus on FF XVI and buy that. Why would they talk about Rebirth during the marketing cycle for XVI. It’s just common sense 🤷‍♂️

We’ll hear about Rebirth later this summer or fall
They are literally talking about it right now during XVI's marketing cycle and revealed it last year during XVI's marketing cycle. Plus this...

Liked by the Square Senior Influencer Relations Manager. It's gonna be shown off.
zwSqEac.png

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Feeling confident about this one. FF7 Remake was originally being developed by Cyberconnect 2, but due to quality concerns they moved it in house only a few years before releasing. Despite that the overall quality was really good - some textures aside which was due to the PS4 memory constraints and rectified in Intergrade.

Rebirth has the benefit of carrying over a lot of the great work from part 1, certain assets, systems, the game engine itself and the development pipeline and partners. As well not changing hands half-way in. So when they say development has been very smooth, I believe them.

I think the only thing that would cause a serious day beyond this Q1-24 window is if they moved it over to UE5, but I don't think they have as they'd have announced it I think.

Last edited:
"Going quiet" lol. They just promoted the shit out of FF16, do you think they will water down the marketing by promoting 2 games simultaneously? One step at a time.

StueyDuck

It would make sense. Rebirth Won't need as much marketing push as 16 does because it's gonna be a success no matter what

Top Bottom