• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ORLY owl dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger

Banned
sp0rsk said:
i wouldnt doubt for a second you actually have one.
"I see what you did there"
hayley_owl.jpg

123rl

Not rly.

The joke was definitely funny during its time. I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favourite internet jokes ever tbh. Some alternative had better come along between now and E3. We need something new to destroy Nintendo topics like "Wednesdayton" :lol

i think owls are cool and owl imagery is great..

but that whole "ORLY" thing was basically funny a couple times when actually funny people used it; and then it just became a way for those with little to no funny capacity to "play along" and get cheap laughs.. it really wasnt funny and should have been used by like 1 guy as "his thing"... but it became like some "Every post lets have an OWL and we'll then have the rest of the posts be about how funny that owl was.. sometimes a guy will say he is crying he is laughing so hard.. oh yah 3 posts about games." which is like a circle jerk for internet dorks like us, essentially. not fun.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
EnvoyDenali said:

but that whole "ORLY" thing was basically funny a couple times when actually funny people used it; and then it just became a way for those with little to no funny capacity to "play along" and get cheap laughs.. it really wasnt funny and should have been used by like 1 guy as "his thing"... but it became like some "Every post lets have an OWL and we'll then have the rest of the posts be about how funny that owl was.. sometimes a guy will say he is crying he is laughing so hard.. oh yah 3 posts about games." which is like a circle jerk for internet dorks like us, essentially. not fun.
orly.jpeg

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
EnvoyDenali said:

Long analysis of an internet fad, now that's fun.

hadareud

The Translator
of course this is fake. You should check the actual wikipedia entry out, nothing about it's death is mentioned.

It does however state:
Almost inevitably, the identity of the O Rly owl is not known.

The owl shall live one!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
LOL HAHAHA OMG THAT OWL. :lol :lol :lol

i mean, look at its face. it really looks like its saying that, thats the funny part!!

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
HOLY SHIT! That was Jonathan? I actually "met" that owl. My sis interned at the San Diego Zoo and gave me and my girlfrend a behind the scenes tour. RIP little buddy. :(

Didn't think it was a part of the zoo though. For some reason I thought the owl was owned by someone else.

Trident

Loaded With Aspartame
hadareud said:
of course this is fake. You should check the actual wikipedia entry out, nothing about it's death is mentioned.

It does however state:

The owl shall live one!

Check the history. Someone edited it out because the info wasn't cited. So the entry was real, even if the death may not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom