• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Seaside Towns?

sublimit

Banned
We're well into the summer period so lets remember our favorite seaside towns in games!

Some of my favorites:
Seafront town (Nier)
otils.png

Apotos (Sonic Unleashed)

The reason i like these towns so much is because they remind me of the Greek islands,and i just love their architecture!

Also special mention to Costa del Sol from FFVII another one of my favorites!
FF7_CostaDelSolBeachHojo_800x288_90op.jpg

kubus

QEiJSf4.jpg

gjdw837.jpg

It just looks so nice.... And I loved that everyone runs around in swimsuits, even your party!

Edit: And basically every island in The Wind Waker, especially Windfall!

SMSS, Isle Delfino:
mqdefault.jpg

(Believe it or not couldn't find a better image, all the images are from the Brawl stage)

In particular Sirena beach:
mariobros-ayr-11-1.jpg

I was going to nominate the Chrono Cross towns, but dang I forgot how much I loved the look of Apotos (Sonic Unleashed). The palette and lighting create such a pleasant look.

I also really love Port Timney from Wild Arms. The town itself is nothing out of the ordinary, but man that music. I could listen to it for hours.

Nemesis_

I came to post Nier too. But another one that strikes me as great was the one in Folklore. Sure it was kind of abandoned and a bit depressing but the atmosphere was great.

Nier and Wind Waker appeared in the top of my head. It's incredible how in Nier no matter where I go or how happy/cheerful the place appears to be, I still get a depressing or sad vibe out of the atmosphere. Nier has a really good atmosphere.

Toddimus Prime

Neo Member
Great topic! Usually my favourite places in RPGs!

The opening of Illusion of Time/Gaia in South Cape has a great feeling of 'home'. Lacks a beach but great atmoshpere:
v4WrZaI.gif

Awesome set up when you get washed up in Secret of Evermore's Crustacia. The ambient soundtrack makes it:
eG8DkWg.jpg

Opportunity for bigging up Koopa Beach too. It's the little splashing noise you make when in the shallow that I remember best.
Jpo4VmE.png

...Massively had a walk down Memory Lane there. Modern video game beaches have nothing on nostalgia beaches!

That said, Mario Sunshine has the best coastal town. So if we're voting, it's that.

Well, the best one (Seafront from Nier) is already taken care of. I quite liked Harmonica Town from Harvest Moon: Animal Parade as well.

tIsE0yA.jpg

970104-screen_1.jpg

That little seaside village that you land by at the beginning of MechWarrior 3. Ok maybe there's not anything particularly special about it but it makes me nostalgic. Loved the open/interconnected level design of MW3, very underrated game.

Top Bottom