• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk about your favorite ultimate weapons.

Ah, ultimate weapons. Those coveted swords/guns/laser cannons/etc. that are a pain in the ass to obtain, but completely wreck face once you get them. No matter what game I'm playing, I always make it a point to obtain that game's ultimate weapon, no matter how asinine the requirements. Some of my favorites:

Bayonetta - Pillow Talk

PillowTalk.png

A bit hard to get, but man is it worth it to unlock. Rodin and Shuraba are pretty great too, but how could you not like a lightsaber that gets enormous when you charge it? Combine it with the Climax Bracelet, and the game turns into easy mode.

Final Fantasy & Kingdom Hearts series - Ultima Weapon

One of the more classic examples of an ultimate weapon. Though I used a picture of Final Fantasy VII's incarnation of the weapon, Final Fantasy VI actually has my favorite version of the weapon. (I like that this version actually has a bit of a backstory as well.) Most Kingdom Hearts games with equippable keychains also feature a keyblade by the same name as well, and are usually either the best weapon in the game (KH1, Re:Coded) or among the top three (KH2, Birth by Sleep, 3D) They're usually pretty garishly designed, too.

Resident Evil 4 - Chicago Typewriter

771016-chicago.jpg

Infinite ammo, mows down standard enemies and bosses alike in mere seconds, and doesn't require reloading, though you're treated to a special animation if you are so inclined for whatever reason. A nice little change up from the usual infinite ammo Rocket Launcher that the RE games usually give you upon completion.

Super Mario RPG - Lazy Shell

mq1.jpg

Once you get your hands on this, you really never have to worry about procuring another weapon for Mario ever again. On top of that, it comes alongside one of the best pieces of armor in the game. Actually doing the sidequest for this did get a bit obtuse at one point, though. (Namely
the invisible path in Nimbus Land
)

I'm missing a few more, but these are the first to come to mind whenever "Ultimate Weapon" comes to mind. How about you?

Yeah for the Ultima in Kingdom Hearts !

I loved also the RY3NO in Ratchet & Clank : Up Your Arsenal, at level 5, it's ridiculously powerful.

Golden Sun had these random unleashes for artifacts. Sol Blade, one of the strongest weapon in the series has this:

5TtWnVA.gif

Felix's Sol Blade lets out a howl! Megiddo!

Ultimadrago

Great thread idea!

dissidia-caladbolg4ufi4.png

Final Fantasy X's Caladbolg comes to mind. I love its design, almost as it it's an advanced relation to Tidus' default weapon, Brotherhood. Of course, it packs a mean punch too.

You already brought up Resident Evil 4's Chicago Typewriter. Excellent choice.

Golden Sun had these random unleashes for artifacts. Sol Blade, one of the strongest weapon in the series has this:

5TtWnVA.gif

Felix's Sol Blade lets out a howl! Megiddo!

If there's one thing Dark Dawn did right, it was bringing that bad boy back. Megiddo's such an awesome looking unleash.

Golden_Gun.png

absolutely hilarious to one-shot everybody with, including people you're not "suppose" to kill like Janus on every stage that isn't the Cradle or General Ourumov on Silo

The snapshot spell in Tactics Ogre turned a character into a permanent weapon. It used their stats and element to create the weapon's attributes. You could pretty much one shot everything if you used a high strength gain character to be the sacrificial lamb.

Amani

Gotta go with:

Megaman X4, 5, 6, 8-Ultimate Armor

mmxyugiohcards18.png

Love this thing. Has one of the best charge shots in the series, a Giga Crash w/ unlimited uses, hovering, just lots of fun to use.

Expect in X8. X8 fucked it up. Purple & yellow's a cool color combo though:
megaman-x8-zero-armorultimate-armor---mmkb-the-mega-man-knowledge-base---mega-man-10-kxfugxc4.jpg

Dunno how it is in the RPG game...but it has dual chain guns. Ain't even mad.
Ultimate_ArmorXCM.png

And speaking of the MM series, ZX has a badass alternative to the UA:
Megaman ZX-Model OX

1249338842570_f.jpg

Take Zero's most iconic moves, give 'em elemental properties & unlimited uses...'scuse me while I grab some new trousers.

RichyMtl

Neo Member
Always loved Atma Weapon from FF6, I know you have to be high level for it to be useful but when you get to that point!!!

Wazzy

Banned
Wouldn't that be lionheart? (My choice!)

Gunblade_Lionheart_2.jpg

Huh?

The two I posted are Revolver and Hyperion.

Ohhhh as your favourite. Lionheart is pretty awesome! I just prefer the original blades. :D

Edit: AHhhh misread and din't see ultimate. Okay then yeah, Lionheart it is.

Thoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Hyperion technically is Seifers ultimate weapon. :p

maxcriden

Biggoron's Sword!

1000px-Receiving_Biggoron%27s_Sword.png

After all the work of the sidequest, especially the timed parts, I distinctly remember using the Sun's Song to speed up the sword-forging timeframe.

PsionBolt

I'm quite fond of Xianghua's variant of Soul Calibur.

waVWR02.jpg

Most of the Soul Calibur variants are too outlandish-looking for my tastes, but this one is simply beautiful.

JC Lately

3D Dot Game Heroes:

Giga_sword.png

Brilord+Plains.jpg

That big white expanse you see is the giga sword in action.

Back. The fuck. Up.

I had no idea this was even a thing, and I thoughT I fond everything in that game, aside from the stupid Breakout style mini games.

How the heck do you get that thing???

Alfredo

Real Mega Buster from Dead Rising

T3RsZSh.jpg

A lot of people even recommend getting it early to help you with your first playthrough.

Soul Edge (Complete)

Soul_Calibur_II_Soul_Edge(Complete).png

"Soul Edge, after recovering all of its fragments and becoming whole once more. Even after covering the entire world in its darkness, it is safe to assume that it has not come close to reaching the limits of its terrible power. At this point, it is not certain whether even Soul Calibur could stand against it. It can only be described as ultimate."

(Sorry for the poor quality image, I literally cannot find a good one)

Crucially speaking, it's covered in eyeballs, does IMMENSE damage, and saps the lifeforce of even Nightmare.

Top Bottom