• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A "Prequel Trilogy" for one important series could be in the making at Square Enix

random25

Final Fantasy XIII Prequel: Planet of Lightning
Final Fantasy XIII Prequel 2: Rise of the Planet of Lightning
Final Fantasy XIII Prequel 3: Dawn of the Planet of Lightning

Make it happen, SE!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Final Fantasy XIII Prequel: Planet of Lightning
Final Fantasy XIII Prequel 2: Rise of the Planet of Lightning
Final Fantasy XIII Prequel 3: Dawn of the Planet of Lightning

Make it happen, SE!

Those would be
sequels
unless you want them to be prequels to XV.

Vamphuntr

Probably an awful iOS game that will look like an RPG maker game with assets taken from the SFC FF games filled with microtransactions.

dramatis

'Prequel Trilogy' will probably be on mobiles anyway.

To be honest I wouldn't put it past SE to use the words 'Prequel Trilogy' as an actual title rather than as a subtitle.

random25

Those would be
sequels
unless you want them to be prequels to XV.

Those will be prequels leading up to the first ever Final Fantasy XIII :p

But I really hope SE won't mess up with Final Fantasy because their history with FF since the merger has been shaky at best. Just have them focus on other franchises for their prequels.

Begaria

Final Fantasy: We're a bunch of Cowards
Final Fantasy: Wait, we're getting braver!
Final Fantasy: Holy shit, there's so many of us filled with courage!

Prequels to Final Fantasy: All The Bravest

Last Remnant

dr-evil-crying1.gif

hold me

Time travel is in KH you know.

How did you... I...

aravuus

This is something that I'd be okay with.

But only after FFXV and KHIII are finished and released. Last thing I want from Square Enix is another cool looking game announced and dangled in front of me for years to come.

Yep. At first I thought "more KH would be gr8" when I saw the thread title but now that I think about it, they need to finish KH3 first. It's been way too fucking long already.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Oh man i hope it's Lightning begins, gaf full of sarcasm and tears would be really entertaining! Lol.

Toki767

At one point I really did want a FFX prequel with Braska, Jecht, and Auron.

A FFVIII prequel with Laguna and company would've been nice if FFVIII wasn't half a prequel already.

Kingdom Hearts makes the most sense though.

My first thoughts were:

1) Kingdom Hearts
2) Final Fantasy VII
3) Final Fantasy XIII

The only one I'm remotely okay with is Kingdom Hearts, and that's only if we get
Keyblade War
shenanigans.

I'm thinking this is either about KH or it's about FFXV (and they're planning on giving it prequels rather than sequels like XIII got).

FFVII and FFX have an outside chance, I suppose.

And KH is probably a little bit less likely because that team's going to be locked up for a good long while. Isn't obtaining the copyright generally likely to happen within a year of an announcement?

JC Lately

Yep. At first I thought "more KH would be gr8" when I saw the thread title but now that I think about it, they need to finish KH3 first. It's been way too fucking long already.

Word. Remember when we all bought PS3's looking forward to KH3? Now here we are on the PS4 and still not so much as a proper trailer. Get with it, Square.

SeZMehK

My first thoughts were:

1) Kingdom Hearts
2) Final Fantasy VII
3) Final Fantasy XIII

The only one I'm remotely okay with is Kingdom Hearts, and that's only if we get
Keyblade War
shenanigans.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread. I would definitely like it to be KH.

Paskil

Awwww yiss, three more games with Lightning
kill me now

It would be pretty cool to see them expand on FFXI in single player games, but that would never happen.

Alucrid

Banned
You play as Sora's parents as they work with the FBI to locate their son who has been kidnapped by a serial murder who dresses like a mouse.

Pilgrimzero

Didn't FF10 tie into FF7. I could see doing a between time of the 2 eras. The rise of Shinra.

More than likely it's Kingdom Hearts.

aravuus

Word. Remember when we all bought PS3's looking forward to KH3? Now here we are on the PS4 and still not so much as a proper trailer. Get with it, Square.

Oh goddamn

I did buy a PS3 thinking it's the console where all the JRPGs go, KH and FF primarily of course

How naive and optimistic I was

Holykael1

Banned
If it's related to FF XIII, something as likely as me winning the lottery not to mention that it would be a completely retarded move, it certainly wouldn't have lightning, there is nothing left to say about her, especially in prequels.

I honestly have no idea what could this be. I'm going to bet on something for mobile.

Top Bottom