• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 now available in 100 countries as of 8/12/14 [28 more countries since April]

So I debated on whether or not to create this thread considering the others that exist close to the topic at hand but as it seems to have gone under the radar,

From the official Sony PR for the 10M announcement [as of 8/12/14]

The PS4 system is currently available in 100 countries and regions*4 worldwide.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/140813a_e.html

As per the last official announcement of PS4 sales back in April for the 7M announcement [as of 3/31/14]

The PS4 system is currently available in 72 countries and regions*7 worldwide.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/140417_e.html

I thought it was interesting, no idea what 28 countries or regions they've launched in the time between announcements although I don't expect them to be large markets for the console

Lock if old

Should obviously be good for sales. I wonder if the Xbox will see any significant sales increase since it too is spreading to more countries.

LOCK

Sales in those countries, though probably considered tiny, add up.

I wonder how Microsoft and Nintendo compare by the end of the year.

Bashtee

Yup, especially China with billions of people

Wouldn't be so sure about that. Offical market release is nice and all, but there has been a grey market for quite some time. Those, who are able to afford a console, probably already got one. Only time will tell.

15m by the end of the year seems almost pessimistic. Strong lineup, too. I wouldn't bet on it, but I believe there is a realistic chance to see sales around 18m.

Wasteman

Banned
I reckon quite a wag above 15 is possible with Christmas seasons taken in mind. It was very hard to get hold of one same time last year so I am sure many missed out. Coupled with last-gen fatigue kicking in for a lot of kids/people it could have an even higher demand.

Hell I could imagine Unity alone selling a shit ton itself as there is no last gen offering of it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah, probably being launched in all those countries helped in reaching the 10 millions goal. I mean, they're probably all countries / regions where the console market isn't that big, but 28 tiny launches, all being added, could form a good amount of sales.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yes and in the official sony store in my country the ps4 is $9000 ($1100usd)

Here in chile normally is 350000 pesos which equals to about 600 US dollars based on the current convert rate. That's pretty good i think if we compare it to other countries's prices in my region.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Yes and in the official sony store in my country the ps4 is $9000 ($1100usd)
The suggested retail price is same here, and I'd guess it's because of you guys :p

Argentina. And is not possible to import because that kind of things "get lost" here and/or need to pay absurdly high fees and be registered as an importer.
Here is mostly the same, but thankfully Amazon Global exists (sometimes).

Here in chile normally is 350000 pesos which equals to about 600 US dollars based on the current convert rate. That's pretty good i think if we compare it to other countries's prices in my region.
Yeah, you have the cheapest I think, although here the price has somewhat dropped (retail chains have it at around USD 950 while in places like Mercadolibre seems to be around USD 750 now)

[Global Saturation Intensifies]

tumblr_mnb1cqzce31qd4q8ao1_r2_500.gif

Tamanon

Banned
Ecuador has PS4s for a surprising $600 apparently. Higher than US, but lower than I thought it'd be. Not that anyone will buy them for a while, since it's a pretty piratey country.

mejin

A friend of mine told:

"Nintendo has Japan.
Microsoft has Brazil.
Sony, the rest."

Not sure if it's original, but I laughed.

Top Bottom