• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors costume DLC NOT retailer exclusive; available on the eShop later on.

Richie

From NoA's PR:

• Hyrule Warriors DLC: This mashup of Dynasty Warriors and The Legend of Zelda already includes a large amount of content. Nintendo plans to support the game for the long run with more content to help players expand their adventures even farther. That program kicks off when the game launches on Sept. 26. People who buy the game will receive access to a free download that adds a new mode, a new weapon and the option to select music to add to the Hyrule Warriors experience. As detailed in a recent Nintendo Direct, consumers who pre-order the game at select retailers will receive a free download code for a set of alternate in-game costumes for Link and Zelda. Additionally, anyone who registers the game with Club Nintendo will receive a free download code for a set of alternate costumes for Ganondorf. All of these additional costumes will become available for purchase in the Nintendo eShop in the near future. Further details on timing and pricing will be announced at a later time.

There ya go! Dirty practices avoided!

They didn't announce that already?

They said in Japan they would be selling the CE costumes at a later date from the start. I just assumed they'd do the same in the West, too.

emb

Seemed implied from the start, I always thought it was weird that people were freaking out. Just the freebie is exclusive to the retailers, not the content itself.

But it's good that it's confirmed.

Dirty practices not avoided. There's still DLC in the game at launch. But I'm just old and grumbling.

Alucrid

Banned
Not the best metaphor... since there was no space between those two, meaning you had to make a choice to lose a few men or the whole ship.

More like they tied themselves to the mast so they didn't jump off the boat when the sirens started calling.

That doesn't work either because it implies that they didn't heed the call of the Sirens. With mine, if you were planning on getting the costumes, you're still screwed, you just lose less money by siding with Charybdis.

That doesn't work either because it implies that they didn't heed the call of the Sirens. With mine, if you were planning on getting the costumes, you're still screwed, you just lose less money by siding with Charybdis.

Oh I thought you were talking from Nintendo's perspective about whether to jump on the retailer exclusive nonsense bandwagon, and that they heard but abstained.

From my perspective, totally a Scylla and Charybdis situation.

*mythology high-five*

synce

Given that it's Tecmo Koei you should expect to pay at least $50 for all the DLC if you want the full experience, but it could easily go over $100 if Nintendo doesn't mind.

Top Bottom