• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Wish Destiny had been much more MMO instead of Halo with multiplayer elements. Not a fan of Halo at all and the combat got repetitive real fast, like an hour in I'm tired of popping out to shoot the same 5 enemy types. Glad I played the beta otherwise I'd of been mad I spent the money.

Salazar

iEmYRZu.gif

He's not really been tested at all yet and he is making a serious enough error every game.

Not out of his depth or anything like that but I haven't been convinced by him either.

He's been composed for the most part. Both errors I've noticed so far are extremely teachable: giving the ball back for a free-kick too early and miscommunication resulting in him letting a pass meant for him run back to the keeper. Early days, but I wouldn't be surprised if Evans makes way for him to be a squad player next season.

Diamonds are forever. Ronaldo ruins our biuriful midfield diamond. Stay at Madrid and rot.

Crazy to think it would happen, but you could play him up front easily. Both our forwards were drifting out wide.

Jose Mourinho confirms Eden Hazard is close to signing new contract with Chelsea as Blues boss insists Belgian star can become 'one of the best'

'We are feeling day by day his motivation to work hard and improve. We have big hopes that he will go from the top player he is at this moment and will reach higher levels to become one of the best.

'He is a player who we want to keep, in spite of the fact he has a long-term contract as young as he is. It's true Chelsea are trying to have an agreement over a new contract, and that he wants to stay and commit for a few more years.

'It's a question of time. One more month, one less month, and he'll have a new contract.

BL0m0Nf.png

He's been composed for the most part. Both errors I've noticed so far are extremely teachable: giving the ball back for a free-kick too early and miscommunication resulting in him letting a pass meant for him run back to the keeper. Early days, but I wouldn't be surprised if Evans makes way for him to be a squad player next season.

Doubt Evans makes way for him as LVG likes his LCBs to be left footed and his RCBs to be right footed. Evans isn't competing with him. He only played as a lcb in pre season because we had no left footed cb and he was the most able to play in that position.

Yen

4 minutes into the Liverpool - Ludo youth game and a Liverpool defender is very lucky not to have broken his leg. Got a shin-high tackle.

Meier

guys

why is the BBC saying Ronaldo wants to come back

why are they doing this to me
Messi's recent contract extension paid him €20m a year (net) compared to the €19m a year (net) Ronaldo gets. This is how agents work. By the end of the calendar year he'll have signed a new deal that makes him the highest paid player again.

Messi's recent contract extension paid him €20m a year (net) compared to the €19m a year (net) Ronaldo gets. This is how agents work. By the end of the year he'll have signed a new deal that makes him the highest paid player again.

Are you sure it's 20m Euro net for Messi?

Reason 6798 why i love Totti: his wit

“If I’d played with Barcelona or Real Madrid then maybe I’d have won more… Although maybe if they’d had me they’d have lost more, you never know!”

What a joker. If those two teams can win the CL with the scrubs they have, he would have turned them into a dynasty. Shame he had to play with the lowest of the low like Mancini

Yen

How's Ryan Kent playing?

Probably been the best player, though the whole team seems to be lacking end product. Sinclair missed a free header from 6 yards out. Liverpool playing 4231, so Rossiter isn't seeing much of the ball as RCM. Ojo playing as a convenntional left winger.

Edit: 30' - Sinclair scores a tap-in after good work from Ojo and the LB Sam Hart with the cross in. Hart has been very impressive on the overlap. Never seen him play before but he is a former United youth player.

38th minute - two goals in a minute. Cross in by O'Hanlon, head in by Cleary. Ludogorets lose the ball on the kick-off, Liverpool go straight up the other end, O'Hanlon scores.

Meier

Can't decide if I want to play a somewhat cheaper keeper (Leno) and then get a decent back-up that I can rotate with (Roberto).. or go all in and get a cheap 3.0 keeper to just park.

Are you sure it's 20m Euro net for Messi?

Yes. Net wage is how they report contracts in Spain, Germany, Italy.. basically everywhere but English speaking countries. It made him the highest paid player in the world.

Raphael Honigstein @honigstein 15m
Robben and Ribéry likely to be out v Man City, via @AZ_Strasser

Grats on first in the group, MCFC.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Meier

Oops, Ronnie is actually at €18m net + €3m in bonuses. Messi's new deal is €20m net + €5m in bonuses after previously being €13m + €3m.

The new deal includes basic wages of €20 million after tax per season, plus a further €5 million in performance-related bonuses (based on appearances made, goals scored and targets met).

I pointed out repeatedly last year that Messi would get a major pay increase since Ronaldo's new contract from last year was so much higher. It's only a matter of time until Ronaldo's deal is raised reciprocally. I wouldn't be surprised if it was level terms though.. eventually they have to end the arms race.

Hixx

Me mother just opened the fridge and stood there laughing. I asked: "are you going senile or what?"

"No, but you are!" she said and pulled out a box of matches I'd put in the fridge -_-

Oops, Ronnie is actually at €18m net + €3m in bonuses. Messi's new deal is €20m net + €5m in bonuses after previously being €13m + €3m.

I pointed out repeatedly last year that Messi would get a major pay increase since Ronaldo's new contract from last year was so much higher. It's only a matter of time until Ronaldo's deal is raised reciprocally. I wouldn't be surprised if it was level terms though.. eventually they have to end the arms race.

Well that and a soon to be 30 yo winger can't continue to command the highest wages in football as his career begins to decline.

Casillas is staying, so no point in putting Navas here. I would choose Carvajal over arbolol any day but unfortunately he's injured. Same goes for Coentrao replacing Marcello. 4-3-3 is simply not working with this new team so we should try the 4-3-1-2 with a true DM with Illara. Sub Modric for Isco later in game.

1An7Nqv.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom