• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Today was a lesson to be careful with which random person you team up with.

Also that toxicity never helps, because my god. Should have bailed 2nd match.

adamy

Banned
pretty damn new to the game so excuse me for my ignorance, but it seems like symettra has arguably the best ultimate in the game yet ive literally never seen her used once

am I missing something? I use her now and then and usually do well, especially while on defense. why is everyone avoiding her?

craziest part is for some reason it seems like her ultimate charges up insanely quick, I don't even get how it charges but at times it almost seems borderline instant

DevilDog

pretty damn new to the game so excuse me for my ignorance, but it seems like symettra has arguably the best ultimate in the game yet ive literally never seen her used once

am I missing something? I use her now and then and usually do well, especially while on defense. why is everyone avoiding her?

craziest part is for some reason it seems like her ultimate charges up insanely quick, I don't even get how it charges but at times it almost seems borderline instant

When you place down her teleporter the enemy team gets notified, and its incredibl easy for any flanker hero to destroy it.

Also it usually means you're missing out on a dps/tank/healer in order to have her on the team.

adamy

Banned
When you place down her teleporter the enemy team gets notified, and its incredibl easy for any flanker hero to destroy it.

Also it usually means you're missing out on a dps/tank/healer in order to have her on the team.

da fuck? enemy team gets notified? do they have to be like in sight of me placing it and hear my quote or does the entire team get notified?

I seem to be on a winning run. For the past week or so I have only played 2 games a day. Won them all. I'm now having fun.

In the first season I spent hours a day, incurring loss after loss after loss. Horrible.

Now I'm at a higher rank than I've ever been in season 2. I never topped where I was placed in season 1.

Feels good.

Ive learned to never just keep playing comp straight. Play a match. Cool down with qp or do something else. Then go back. Win or lose it gives time to reset the mind. Don't want to have emotions of the previous match interfere as it can get you tilted.

da fuck? enemy team gets notified? do they have to be like in sight of me placing it and hear my quote or does the entire team get notified?

Itll be a voice line from one of the characters the enemy team has on their team
Something like "They have a teleporter"!
They dont have to be very near it.

Theres also voice line that plays when the enemy team finds the teleporter.
"Weve found their teleporter" is winstons one.
Which pretty much notifys the enemy team where it is by finding whichever one of their characters said it.

Symmetras okay but id rather have a mercy who can rez which is almost the same and provide heals aswell

adamy

Banned
Itll be a voice line from one of the characters the enemy team has on their team
Something like "They have a teleporter"!

Theres also voice line that plays when the enemy team finds the teleporter.
"Weve found their teleporter" is winstons one.
Which pretty much notifys the enemy team where it is by finding whichever one of their characters said it.

Symmetras okay but id rather have a mercy who can rez which is almost the same and provide heals aswell

Are those responses automatic and don't require any input by the player besides seeing the teleporter?

Are those responses automatic and don't require any input by the player besides seeing the teleporter?

Yes automatic.

There are similar call outs for other stuff.
Sometimes if an enemy mercy uses rez characters on your team will say "our enemies have returned"

DevilDog

Yes automatic.

There are similar call outs for other stuff.
Sometimes if an enemy mercy uses rez characters on your team will say "our enemies have returned"
They have returned... from... death.

No, a random character will automatically say it to their entire team. They will keep reminding everyone every 15 seconds or something until it is destroyed.

NBtoaster

The repeated notifications for teleporters are kind of ridiculous. It's a powerful effect sure but it's an ultimate and already has limited uses.

Kouichi

I get offended by all the people in comp who don't trust my Symmtera. She may be super niche, but she is my best hero when defending the first control point. I became far more consistent in defending the first point when I started playing her. Constantly spamming her charged beam at choke points is really good, especially with Reinhardts who are super common in these maps. It does it ton of damage to help with kill assists and charges up her ult super fast. According to Overbuff, my teleporter uptime is 81%. I've saved so many first points with it.

Flankers can be an issue sometimes, but I find the best way to deal with them is constantly change up the location the teleporter, put it near a turrent cave and defend it while having good sight over the choke point, and/or put it somewhere hard to get to. A common thing I see a lot is players who dedicate themselves to finding the teleporter but they either die getting to it or spend so much time looking for it that they're not contributing to team fights. And other times, no one ever looks for it!

I find it works really well when solo queueing because players usually die in trickles than in on big team fight like in the tournament scene. So the offensive team has a harder time pushing if they're not consistently killing people at a fast rate. It's why I find it more useful than Mercy ult most of the time, since often times you team will either die little by little or die in completely different places.

This is all on PS4 by the way where he turrent do like no damage.

Azoor

I get offended by all the people in comp who don't trust my Symmtera. She may be super niche, but she is my best hero when defending the first control point. I became far more consistent in defending the first point when I started playing her. Constantly spamming her charged beam at choke points is really good, especially with Reinhardts who are super common in these maps. It does it ton of damage to help with kill assists and charges up her ult super fast. According to Overbuff, my teleporter uptime is 81%. I've saved so many first points with it.

Flankers can be an issue sometimes, but I find the best way to deal with them is constantly change up the location the teleporter, put it near a turrent cave and defend it while having good sight over the choke point, and/or put it somewhere hard to get to. A common thing I see a lot is players who dedicate themselves to finding the teleporter but they either die getting to it or spend so much time looking for it that they're not contributing to team fights. And other times, no one ever looks for it!

I find it works really well when solo queueing because players usually die in trickles than in on big team fight like in the tournament scene. So the offensive team has a harder time pushing if they're not consistently killing people at a fast rate. It's why I find it more useful than Mercy ult most of the time, since often times you team will either die little by little or die in completely different places.

This is all on PS4 by the way where he turrent do like no damage.

Symmetra can be a real monster on Eichenwalde and Volskaya if played well. I got POTG as her once.

Greddleok

Zarya players:

How often do you beam, and how often do you grenade? I almost exclusively beam unless I need splash damage or the enemy is too far away...is that right?

Tovarisc

Zarya players:

How often do you beam, and how often do you grenade? I almost exclusively beam unless I need splash damage or the enemy is too far away...is that right?

I use beam most of the time, swiping with it deals good damage to even spread out groups. It drills holes into solo targets so fast if you have some energy soaked up. Bomb is most useful against players trapped into yours, Meis etc. ults, also good for knocking enemies off their aim.

Alucrid

Banned
Zarya players:

it all depends on the situation. i probably use the explosive more because i prefer engaging at a distance, peaking corners or staying safe behind rein's shield. if it's against someone who can deflect or get in the back lines like genji i'll probably beam them down. also, if i'm using the beam and only have a few ammo left might as well throw out a grenade since it'll do more damage than a second of beam.

Zarya players:

Generally, I use bomb when I'm at a distance, or I want to finish someone off who's at low health. You also want to use it on your ult unless they have a Dva using DM, then you want to use your beam to get her out of her mech so you and your team can shoot the rest.

Zarya players:

If I'm defending a point, I beam if I'm going in for a kill, grenade if I'm trying to maintain area control. If I'm attacking a defended point or getting into a firefight, I usually try to grenade when I'm at low energy and try to bubble my front-line teammates. Then once I have charge I'll go in myself with the beam, do some damage while bubbling myself, then if energy starts dropping I'll back out and go back to grenades.

Antiwhippy

Welp, I've fallen to the depths today, but the good thing is that the depths turns out to be much easier and I'm on my way back. Definitely a roller coaster day, and also teaches me to not stick to a group if things aren't working out.

bnh2wswggqua3g8sijmh.png

Danj

Welp, I've fallen to the depths today, but the good thing is that the depths turns out to be much easier and I'm on my way back. Definitely a roller coaster day, and also teaches me to not stick to a group if things aren't working out.

When you say "depths" what exactly do you mean? Because I'm getting the sense that people here have wildly varying opinions on what that is.

Antiwhippy

When you say "depths" what exactly do you mean? Because I'm getting the sense that people here have wildly varying opinions on what that is.

Well below 40, because I've been hovering around mid forties. On my way back though.

Think I'll take my chances solo queuing instead of stubbornly being in a group that isn't working.

Zarya players:

I beam most of the time. Grenades are for medium/long range or corner shots. If I have a group in my ult I also grenade for the splash damage. So you're doing it right.

Auctopus

I swear every ranked game I play is damn Gibraltar.

Edit: ah fuck this, I'm salty. I ranked 2800~ in my placement games but since then I have lost EVERY SINGLE MATCH. 14 ranked games lost in a row.

Somehow I am matched with the most useless players every fucking time. I find more teamwork in QP.

Double edit: wow and they all just fucking team left after round 1 loss so it's 6 v. Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom