• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Overwatch Non-Binary Character Fully Revealed

I'm surprised non-binary isn't one of the bullet points about the character on the announcement.

So in order to be non-binary the character has to be chunky all over or thin as a rail. It's basically just new term for really fat or really skinny/flat people.

Last edited:
fuck her abilities are cool.
just when i thought i was out :pie_pensive: they make a cool character
Just be careful about making purchases if you go back in. The dev bonuses were just cut for underperforming(due to underdelivering), and the team will likely be downsizing a bit soon. I don't know what kind of lifespan this game will have soon but a friend of mine is already saying that most other modes besides quick play and comp are starting to become ghost towns with longer fill times.

I think it might be time soon for the OW team to work on better bots to fill empty slots. Honestly they should have done so long ago.

bumpkin

It makes you wonder, are they like a Barbie doll “down there?”

Because if you ask me, that’s their gender. Got a dick? Venture’s a dude. Got a vagina? Venture’s a chick. If they’re a dude or chick who wants to dress like the other, they’re a cross-dresser. lol

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
that's because those boys have gotten older and now like to stare at female character butt's. One of my good friends is like 5 years older than me and always picks female characters in games so he can check out their butts.
I don't think the Fortnite audience has gotten older. Average age of Fortnite player in 2017 was probably older than the average age of a Fortnite player today.

You used to be able to duo queue and get a partner of any age. Now it's rare to get someone over the age of 21.

DrFigs

Just be careful about making purchases if you go back in. The dev bonuses were just cut for underperforming(due to underdelivering), and the team will likely be downsizing a bit soon. I don't know what kind of lifespan this game will have soon but a friend of mine is already saying that most other modes besides quick play and comp are starting to become ghost towns with longer fill times.

I think it might be time soon for the OW team to work on better bots to fill empty slots. Honestly they should have done so long ago.
oh i don't think the game is going anywhere anytime soon. I think your friend is probably right that there are dead game modes, but the main modes still seem fine to me judging by some streamers i watch.

Last edited:
oh i don't think the game is going anywhere anytime soon. I think your friend is probably right that there are dead game modes, but the main modes still seem fine to me judging by some streamers i watch.
Both can be true. I think the main game modes will maintain the game's legs for a while longer, but I do see it as concerning if the other modes in the game are slowly eroding in userbase.

skyfall

At least Tracer is still straight and married happily

GBH92K8XcAAkqWf

NB is kind of the new "butch" in the lesbian community. Some of the older lesbians are salty about it, it's a whole thing.

There are plenty of AMAB non-binary people too but it's less prevalent, it's not like every femme gay guy is identifying as NB.
& done...

violence

I didn’t see anything about this character being non-binary in the trailer so they’re not advertising it. Whatever, I wouldn’t buy this regardless.

sendit

Lmao. Except OW2 removed a shit ton of stuff from the first game and made basically every aspect worse. But yes it's the same game just ten times worse.
Played it again for the first time in 2 years the other day. Feels the same to me with additional modes and balancing changes. Fans always tend to throw a BF after every change, you can't please everyone.

NikuNashi

NB is kind of the new "butch" in the lesbian community. Some of the older lesbians are salty about it, it's a whole thing.

There are plenty of AMAB non-binary people too but it's less prevalent, it's not like every femme gay guy is identifying as NB.

I read the above and am no clearer for reading it. Kind of like talking to a patient who is eating his own faeces and using to to scrawl on the padded cell walls.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
How does their gender identity affect the gameplay? Where is it even spelled out?
This isn’t anything new. In fighting games every time I picked a top tier to play I’ve been called homosexual slurs myself and the character I picked too.

Clearly the best characters in game are not straight.

Kindjal

Good thing OverCigs seems to be underperforming, maybe they will correct the course or just finally crash and burn, lol.

Pejo

I mostly have no problems with this. If you continued to play the Overwatch franchise after they gaywashed a bunch of characters and pulled the McCree crap, you already pretty much signed off on the fact that this is the type of game you play. I have less issues with diverse characters in OW2 than I did when they turned all of the WoW women paintings into fruit.

This is just Blizzard catering to their remaining audience for the game.

Varteras

Gold Member
Glad to see the developers spending time and resources to focus on gender identities. Clearly a step in the right direction to improve the prognosis of an ailing game.

Top Bottom