• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE5, Dead Rising 2 and DR2: Off the Record coming to Steamworks

Courtesy of Vuze

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...ing-2-and-off-the-record-coming-to-steamworks

If you're a fan of smashing zombies (and/or zombie-like Majini) on your PC, then we've got some good news for ya - RE5, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record are all coming to Steamworks early next year. With the global popularity of the Steamworks platform, we’ve seen high demand from fans to bring these highly requested titles to this platform. Moving to Steamworks will allow more fans across the world to enjoy these games.

Current owners of these PC titles will be transitioned over to the Steamworks versions early next year. Once we have specific dates ironed out, we'll have more information about all three titles and their respective launch days so stay tuned.

THANK YOU CAPCPOM. Also, please give us the DLC for both RE5 and DR2 pretty pllllleeeaaasseee

Awesome news. I hope my retail RE5 will get ported.

Then I'm just waiting on Rockstar for GTA4 and Microsoft for Halo 2 (which is clearly never ever ever ever going to happen).

Anyways. Good news :)

well, if the heavily-rumored PC port of the MC collection comes out that'll be included :p

Vazduh

Praise the Lord!

b07bbWe.gif

Pudge

Great! I'm still hoping that Microsoft has a solution for their titles when GFWL eventually does go down, but I'm glad to see the list of 3rd party titles affected is ever shrinking.

Jawmuncher

I might get Dead Rising 2 / Off The Record. Really enjoying DR3 right now.

Dead Rising 2 Off The Record is the easier of the two if you enjoy DR3 because of the ease of use it has. Since OTR has checkpoints and saves not tied to bathrooms.

Yes! I was never able to play Dead Rising 2 due to some GFWL-related issue. Excited about finally getting a chance to play it! Resident Evil 5, too? Awesome stuff!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Awesome news. I hope my retail RE5 will be easily brought over (as it was with Batman AC).

Then I'm just waiting on Rockstar for GTA4 and Microsoft for Halo 2 (which is clearly never ever ever ever going to happen).

Anyways. Good news :)

The likelihood of GTA4 moving away from GFWL presently depends on how optimistic you want to be with regard to this, which was added to the store page last year following Microsoft's little slip-up on the AoE Online site:

Access to special features may require internet connection, may not be available to all users, and may, upon 30 days notice, be terminated, modified, or offered under different terms.

"Modified or offered under different terms" could refer to GFWL being given the boot for something else, but "terminated" leaves R* some wiggle room to just let the game's MP die with GFWL itself.

Vuze

Dead Rising 2 Off The Record is the easier of the two if you enjoy DR3 because of the ease of use it has. Since OTR has checkpoints and saves not tied to bathrooms.

Thanks for the heads up, I will get Off The Record then. Saves tied to bathrooms sounds pretty stressful :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Still waiting on MS to remove gfwl from Iron Brigade.

But this is great news.

That's happening:

Changed Depots 14 days ago

115121/encryptedmanifests/steamworks_testing/encrypted_gid: * hidden *
115121/maxsize: 2634720865 (2.45 GB) › 2630146466 (2.45 GB) (diff = -4.36 MB)
branches/steamworks_testing/buildid: 363725 › 364644

Jawmuncher

So did DR2, After most Major Events it popped up and asked to save, same as DR2 OTR.

Just looked it up.
DR2 did have that save feature.
It didn't have the checkpoints though.

Multiple save slots.[15]
Load times reduced by half from Dead Rising 2.[18]
Auto saving, a checkpoint system which will have the game save progress after major story points. Including checkpoints right after the player enters a new area and right before the player fights a boss. It is still undecided whether the save system can be turned off.[3][15][9][19][3]
Fully voiced radio mission descriptions.[20]
The ability to set waypoints on the Fortune City map.[20]
The ability to check the time and set active missions from the map screen, instead of from your wristwatch in the active game environment.[20]
Flashing red "[SURVIVOR] IS TOO FAR AWAY!" message that pops up when an ally is lagging too far behind to "zone" with you into the next environment.[20]
Controls for weapon switching slightly changed, now Frank's weapon will switch upon release of the weapon switch button, instead of as soon as it is pressed. This is to work with some of his new skill moves.
Updated movement systems makes climbing and traversing areas easier and smoother looking.

FLD

Oh hell yes! Was really hoping this would happen. Guess I'll grab RE5 next time it's on sale then. Now all we need is for them to finally port the RE5 DLC.

dreamfall

This is so rad! Been playing a ton of Dead Rising 2 offline, and GFWL keeps prompting me to update- will be happy to be done with that entirely.

And Mercenaries co-op for RE5! Excella 4EVA!

Percy

Banned
Not too worried about RE5, but might double dip on DR2 and OTR.

No Case Zero or Case West though? How about a 'complete set' release Crapcom? 360 got one not too long ago :/

An-Det

That's fantastic news, was really hoping would do this. Hopefully they go the distance and port over the Gold edition content add part of this.

Human_me

Fantastic!
Next time DR2: Off the Record goes on sale I will buy it!

Though Lost Planet 2 would of been nice for steamworks as well.

O.DOGG

I was just reading the RE5 vs RE4 thread and I was thinking how much I wished RE5 to come to Steamworks and here it is! Excellent news! Looking forward to playing this again online.

Mupod

Cool, I never did finish OTR. And I wouldn't mind grabbing RE5 to run through it in co-op again, but yeah Mercs Reunion really should be available on PC.

onionfrog

Early 2015 huh?
I was worried Capcom wouldn't do any deep discounts on these games since they were GFWL.

I'm kinda glad the steamworks transition won't be until 2015. It makes me feel better about buying Dead Rising 2 / OTR from a Russian trader for $20...

I'd love to see Dead Rising 1 on PC with steamworks one day.

Top Bottom