Here are his (or her) impressions:
I saw 30 minutes of gameplay of this game yesterday.
Guys the changes are astounding. Really incredible stuff. Rockstar said their goal was to push PS4 / X1 like how they pushes PS3 and 360. The environment changes they've done are incredible.
This remaster is the real deal. New trailer should be going out soon.
Ok so a few responses.
1. I saw this at the GameStop managers conference in Anehiem. Rockstar gave a 45 minute closed doors presentation.
2. They showed us multiple locals. The city, underwater areas, country side etc.
3. Foliage has been completely reworked. Tree barks been redone, individual grass blades, wild flowers etc. This applies to underwater areas as well. Completely reworked coral reefs and underwater plants.
4. Draw distance now is INSANE. One example they showed us was the main city at night. They showed it on PS3 first amd showed us how all lighting at a distance was pre baked. In the remaster its all pre loaded in real time and is dynamic. You can see lights and traffic flow from massive distances.
5. Water rendering system has been completely redone. Rivers / Ocean / rain are gorgeous
6. No release date given. They simply said soon.
7. Animal texture work has been 100 % re done.
8. Anti Aliasing looked great with little to no jaggies. Looked 1080p to me. It was demoed on PS4.
9. Promised "new" content. One example was new songs / soundtrack / radio stations.
10. Best remaster Ive seen by far. I literally gasped at the differences.
Ok thanks for the questions I'll answer what I can.
1. Character models have been improved for sure.
2. Street detail is massively improved. Rain water now pools up on the road and honestly reminded me of Infamous Second Sons wet roads.
3. Animal and Wildlife count has been upped. They specifically mentioned how much they learned from Red Dead Remption and the original GTA5 and wanted to improve animal interactions even more.
4. Animals now sport actual fur. As in strands of hair that stick out from the actual body not just flat textures like in the original release.
5. I believe this has been in development since before GTA5s actual release as they said its been heavily worked on for over a year. Believe me you can tell. This is a complete remaster not just an uprezzed port. A huge chunk of staff have to be working on this.
Cars on the road appeared 2x more or so to me.
Cant comment on physics and such guys as much of what they showed was environmental without tons of action. They showed a lot of the beautiful vistas from a debug mode where they were free camera.
Looked 30 to me. But I believe its not locked down the FPS yet.
considering the visuals I'll be shocked if its 60 at launch but Im not confirming anything.
Thats really all Ive got on impressions guys sorry I don't have more.
Considering how much they showed I think a new trailer / release date are coming shortly but haven't had confirmation of that. It appeared to me though they were gearing up for a big reveal.