• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V *NEXT GEN* Impressions from the GameStop managers conference

Beloree

Neo Member
Hope they don't fuck up PC version this time, GTA 4 still run like ass on my 7970 .I really want to play GTA at 60 fps rockstar :(

They were originally in the game, hell, there even was a heist where you had to steal one of them:

http://gta.wikia.com/The_Sharmoota_Job

Unfortunately it was all cut before release, maybe due to AI complexity? Would be great to see it back though, as that heist and other cut content sounds like a blast.

Man the addition of horses would be great. I can't imagine how ridiculous it would be online trying to escape people that are trying to run you and your horse over. Do want.

Recall

Doubtful. They have way more headroom for the basics of 30fps on these consoles now.

The history of all GTA games shows that 30 FPS has always been the intended norm. People should always keep their expectations in check and not base the quality of a game solely on framerate.

Bikola

looked like 1080p?, what about the frame rate? 60fps on PS4 is a big ask but man will i double dip so hard that even George Costanza himself will get angry at me.

EDIT: never mind, look like its 30fps :(

burnfout

Hoping for a sound design upgrade, the master volume and mixing were really screwed up in the PS3 version.

I hate the fact that sound is such an overlooked focus. Don't just focus on the graphics.

Make sound design a bullet point R*!

Vuze

Sounds great. I'm optimistic for a good PC version so I can't wait. Give me a release date and new trailer already :c

Mortemis

Banned
really glad I sold it after beating the main story instead of trying to 100% it. I've been itching to replay it for a couple months but have made myself hold off. revisiting Los Santos is going to be glorious. just have to decide between PC and PS4.

Same here, played through it a lot but didn't get really into completing the game before selling it for a good enough price. I've been wanting to play again for a while now, but I can wait.

Not paying $60 again though, I can wait until a good time after launch.

Rockyrock

I honestly should have never bought this on last gen.

Have they stated yet whether they are going to have some sort of discount for double dippers?

I doubt i'd re-buy this at full price.

sappyday

With all those uprgrade I'll definitely be purchasing this. Nothing in the last of us remaster was enticing to get again, except for the photo mode which should be in this.

So glad i held off for this version. I just hope they don't throw in all these improvements and sacrifice a stable framerate like with every GTA.

Instead of your car always coming to a dead stop, I want something more like this.
http://www.bargainteers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/RWvpx5alrjo.gif
I may be misunderstanding what you mean but that happens all the time on highways... the way the suspension shifts, the vehicle itself is elevated, and how it deforms all currently occur. The deformation is the rarest of the three and requires pretty significant speed and vehicle weight but it's pretty normal when you hit a car high speed in a heavy vehicle or any car with full armour. It's easiest to see if you're hit by a train but it can occur from any physical damage. Even if you take a bat to a car, if you hit it enough, you can fully deform to lose almost 20-30% of its mass. The vehicle weight usually requires a lot speed, but especially if you're either in a tall truck or a very lowered super car, accidents result in that sort of 'jumping' all the time. And the suspension shifting is also harder to see on some vehicles but especially on the raised trucks or the 6x6 G-Wagen (Dubsta), if you drive it over a 2-3 foot tall rock, each strut of the suspension will individually repress and extend. It's pretty fun to take 4x4 photos actually with some of the off-road vehicles perched sideways or elevated on rocks just to see the struts suspend in different ways just like typical 4x4 photography.

If you meant that .gif was meant more to suggest you missed GTA IV's vehicle weight then yeah V definitely lacks that. But the .gif itself doesn't seem to have anything I don't see all the time.

Robin64

30fps is cool with me for this game, as long as it's a constant 30fps. The PS3 version was pretty bad, I'm sure it often dipped as low as 15fps at times.

I am going to start playing this for the first time on ps3 today. I have been sitting on it for a while, and I need to get this game played, to give me enough time to appreciate it fresh when it is released on pc.

Radec

Looks like I'll be doble dipping next year.

Locked 30 fps with improve on everything else is enough for me.

Amazing game.

CanaryRob

Looks like I'll be doble dipping next year.

Locked 30 fps with improve on everything else is enough for me.

Amazing game.

Seems to me that Rockstar are happy with the 15-25fps area. Anything above means they haven't pushed the game's detail far enough.

This news wasn't anything we didn't already know (or could hazard a guess at). But good to know they're out there demoing it and not doing their usual radio silence.

And to think that this was one of the games of the generation for me when I played it on the PS3. Now I get to experience all that sandbox goodness again with all these improvements and enhancements in place. Never been so excited to play a remaster.

60 fps was always a pipe dream with Rockstar on consoles. They always need to push graphical fidelity. A stable 30 fps is the absolute best-case scenario.

Top Bottom