• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - The 11 Best Grand Theft Auto Supporting Characters

Certinty

Lamar is probably my favourite character to ever be in a video game and he's not on this list? That's some fucked up shit motherfucker.

gurudyne

Elizabeta, Wade and Poulet? This list was written in a hurry by someone with faulty memory.

Woozie
Toreno
Lamar (when he'd not being a useless or detrimental idiot)

Lrrr

Lamar is my favorite GTA supporting character in the series history because his characterization was spot-on. Video games typically have a tough time showing someone with real motivations and actions that aren't motivated by the plot, but Rockstar nailed Lamar from his loyalty for Franklin to his underlying resentment of him. It's quite possible Lamar is the most realistic portrayal of a human being I've personally ever witnessed in a video game (graphics notwithstanding). I honestly can't think of another character - supporting or otherwise - that felt as, or more, real to me.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I wanted to say that the list needs some tweaks, but the more you scroll through the thread the more you realise how many far better characters they could have used over any of the 4 or 5 characters (Brucie aside). List's shit.

Damerman

Lamar is my favorite GTA supporting character in the series history because his characterization was spot-on. Video games typically have a tough time showing someone with real motivations and actions that aren't motivated by the plot, but Rockstar nailed Lamar from his loyalty for Franklin to his underlying resentment of him. It's quite possible Lamar is the most realistic portrayal of a human being I've personally ever witnessed in a video game (graphics notwithstanding). I honestly can't think of another character - supporting or otherwise - that felt as, or more, real to me.
i can agree with this.

Top Bottom