• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto - The Trilogy Remastered leaked & trailer coming soon?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Some days ago, through the GTA Forums - specifically in the Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk X for GTA Online, some of the best known and most credible leakers, have speculated and posted some interesting information by discussing through the thread.

861aa765-b98f-47a2-8695-fedad35c0286.jpeg

Starting from Mach1bud; he wrote "Soon." without any other following information and this moved the curiosity of the other people following that thread.
Thus the discussion between the various leakers began, for example, WildBrick142 responded by pointing out that Mach1bud wrote in the wrong thread but that it was intentional, as otherwise, it would have been obvious.

So everything was very confusing and mysterious about the leak that Mach1bud had allegedly posted something about, until Spider-Vice, the Admin of the forum, posted something by adding the tags of III, VC & SA.
Now, everything was clearer and the real speculation began.

Moving on then, some information regarding a possible official announcement from Rockstar was posted via coded language (that "truck" talk).
For example, Mach1bud wanted to tell us that we will receive information in less than 90 days, answering a question that is completely out of context. Same thing happened regarding a possible release of a trailer, which we should receive very soon.

Below is the history of posts on the thread via screenshots:

gta-trilogy-remastered-leak-2.jpg
gta-trilogy-remastered-leak-3.jpg
gta-trilogy-remastered-leak-4.jpg
gta-trilogy-remastered-leak-5.jpg
gta-trilogy-remastered-leak-6.jpg
gta-trilogy-remastered-leak-7.jpg

In addition to the thread discussions, there is other information/details we would like to go deep:
Two days ago, @uNiGTANet posted an interesting image on his Twitter profile, showing three GTA Online Shark Cards and writing that those are fan-made.
It could well be a coded message since the Issue Number from all three cards shows the following dates: 2001/2002/2004, the respective release dates of GTA 3, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas.
Another hint that may confirms that the leakers in question know very well what they are talking about, and it could all be true!

unknown.png

With GTA 6 in the works and the continuous support for GTA Online & Red Dead Online, it seems really difficult that Rockstar can also dedicate itself to the remastering of 3 games such as GTA 3, GTA VC & GTA SA.
But Remember when Rockstar acquired Ruffian Games, turning it into Rockstar Dundee? They were working on something mysterious and of which obviously, no reference could be made. Well, what if the new Scottish headquarters is working on this Remaster?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If this is true it needs to be a Mafia 1 level remake or get the fuck out.

There is zero chance of that. The amount of work that would be required with Rockstar's perfectionism? Would take more than a decade to make.

I'm guessing it will be more than a simple up-res (pointless), but definitely not something on the level of GTAV or RDR2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one of those 'leaks' where you better just ignore it. How many leaks about R* we had just in last year? 10 or so and all of them were bs.

Woggleman

They should just leave the games in the renderware engine. Modern Rockstar is good and everything but the old GTAs have a feel to them that is unique and they should preserve it. They should also include Vice City and Liberty City stories as well.

I’d be way down to give these another go. Vice City is one of my favorite games of all time.

I actually just booted up GTA III this afternoon and forgot how badly it controlled.

EDMIX

I’d take anything I can get from Rockstar at this point but I don’t believe this at all

Another one of those 'leaks' where you better just ignore it. How many leaks about R* we had just in last year? 10 or so and all of them were bs.

I think this is more likely then not.

Consider theses GTA were ported to PS3 and 360 and then PS4 and XONE etc

It wouldn't really be a shock to see them ported to PS5 and Series X, in fact it would be surprising if they never got ported again or something. I'd say the biggest question is not if they get ported, but to what degree. Rough port, remaster in 60fps 4k or 120fps 1080p or remake ala Mafia 1 remake.

kiphalfton

Who milks their game more, Rockstar (GTAV) or Capcom (RE4)?

Great games, but for fucks sake just remake the games at this point. Not gonna happen, I know, but Jesus the amount of money they made with GTAV it's not like they can't "give back" to gamers (not that they would even be giving anything since they would still charge for it).

The PS3 and PS4 generations screwed gamers big time, with all these remasters. Brb "let's just remaster ps2 games for time and eternity".

And to note, I am talking about remasters (not remakes), which are lazy cash grabs 95% of the time.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Clean up the visuals - longer draw distance, proper shadowing, ambient occlusion, better lighting, cleaned up high resolution textures - implement modern control schemes, add more cars and pedestrians, make sure all of the original music is present and accounted for, all running at 4k60, and I'd be there in a heartbeat. If it's just the mobile ports running at 4k30 on one disc, they can fuck off.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I sing the praises of the Steam Guides for each game, because they have curated patch packs like Definitive Edition that make the PC versions exactly what the name suggests.

True widescreen/resolution
60fps
Modern controller (Xinput)
Everything from the console versions
Removed tracks (no license casualties here)

Just download one file, drag and drop, and play. The series I used also has Manhunt and Bully patches too, so you can enjoy the whole range of PS2 universe games.

Blond

Banned
If this is true it needs to be a Mafia 1 level remake or get the fuck out.
Considering fans have been remaking entire maps and dumping them into GTA 4/5 I’d like to think it wouldn’t take nearly as much effort as people think if some bedroom coders can do it. Just please GTA 5 level of Arcady movement and not wading in mud like 4 and Red Dead 2

Last edited:

Komatsu

All three games are already playable on the Series X thru BC, with San Andreas actually using the 360 port codebase even if you pop in the original Xbox disk. I love them dearly but 70% of today’s gaming core demo would gouge their eyes out with some of the more obtuse missions (the toy helicopter in VC, the absolutely demented last mission in GTA3, etc). The class of 2025 - college students! - weren’t even alive when these games came out.

3 was a short-ish game but VC was pretty hefty and San Andreas probably bigger/longer than the two first Mafia games put together. A Mafia: Definitive Edition kind of remake would be quite an undertaking.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It boggles my mind that people think Rockstar would ever bother recreating these games. Just stop, it's never going to happen. It's an unbelievable amount of work, you don't just "port game into new engine pls". They would need to completely redesign every game from the ground up, they were built as goofy arcade games where you stand still and hold two buttons to target/shoot an enemy, they're already completely broken on PC because you can mouse aim and headshot everyone in an instant. Vice City remade as-is today would be hilarious, that map is much smaller than you think it is, most of it is dead space taken up by one beach and an airport that you rarely ever visit. Most of the dialogue in 3 would be jarringly bad compared to their modern writing.

Let it go. Rockstar are too busy making money on GTA Online and slowly building VI, they've never remade a single game and they never will.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
if it's a full on remake then i'm in. if it's just a half assed remaster then they can stick it.

It s tricky. didn't the map from rdr2 leak 2 year in front en nobody believed it
yup here is the original thread from April 2016

aNuZxUn.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom