• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question, I found the item by searching the thread and it was posted a little while ago. I messaged asking if they still had it because it hadn't been reposted in a while. Make a difference in anyone's eyes or it it as simple as the deal was agreed upon by both sides and then the seller backed out after money changed hands? I just want to be certain I do my best to share all information.

zulux21

No, you should leave negative feedback here for backing out of a deal that you'd paid for without even asking your permission first.

I would say negative feedback is warranted due to backing out of the deal after money was exchanged.. especially for the reason of value. If it was something more reasonable then it'd be understanding. Just not for that.

Calls for negative feedback, IMO.

Negative feedback for sure, if he wants to make more money then he should have investigated its market value first, not later.

Shitty move on their part. Negative feedback, no question.

Just to give a counterpoint, I sold something recently that I discovered I was losing significant value on. It was a digital item so it was worth more to me to use myself. But I knew the GAFer in question really wanted it so I made the deal to their significant benefit. Sometimes you're going to miscalculate stuff like this but if you've made the offer, you should just own it. (Speaking of the "universal you," here, not you specifically of course.)
Ouch harsh.
While I personally would never back out of a deal like that due to value (and thus even if I found out I sold it for much to cheap just sell it anyways), I don't personally feel that this case truly warrants a negative feedback, but instead a neutral feedback with a note attached. As a negative feedback is basically a death to your ability to sell here. Yes this was a crappy move, but not so much that it feels like they should never do business again here. I mean a neutral feedback is already a pretty big black mark in this thread.

Would you be saying the same thing if they had instead said that they had lost the item, or they broke the item while preparing it, or many other excuses they could have used instead of what was likely the truth? I think this is more of a knee jerk reaction to someone being greedy then an actual horrible must avoid dealing with this person ever again situation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully the next thread will be bullshit free. I like a nice list of buying and selling with a minimum of fluffy shit.

terrisus

I still think we'd do better/be more organized with separate threads, with one for B/S/T, and the other for Feedback.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maxcriden

One more question, I found the item by searching the thread and it was posted a little while ago. I messaged asking if they still had it because it hadn't been reposted in a while. Make a difference in anyone's eyes or it it as simple as the deal was agreed upon by both sides and then the seller backed out after money changed hands? I just want to be certain I do my best to share all information.

No, it doesn't really make a difference. You still made them a deal and they refunded you and cancelled the deal for a pretty uncool reason IMO.

Would you be saying the same thing if they had instead said that they had lost the item, or they broke the item while preparing it, or many other excuses they could have used instead of what was likely the truth? I think this is more of a knee jerk reaction to someone being greedy then an actual horrible must avoid dealing with this person ever again situation.

Honestly I'd prefer to know if someone has had a negative experience. FWIW I understand that negative feedback is a mark on someone's ability to sell here, but I would be totally okay with working with a person with negative feedback as long as they sent first. Negative feedback generally should be a warning to be very careful, not an indictment that the person is never permitted to use the thread again (for the most part).

Hopefully the next thread will be bullshit free. I like a nice list of buying and selling with a minimum of fluffy shit.

I know this isn't the first time you've said this, but I don't know what there really is to to get so twisted up about, honestly. It's not an actual marketplace and the chatter otherwise is pretty minimal. Also FWIW, since you and others have said something, those of us who did chat occasionally OT in here have done so considerably less.

NoRéN

Yup. Keep the needless quotes to explain how you are poor but wish you could buy something out of the thread. People need to using the message feature.

maxcriden

NoRéN;154203995 said:
Yup. Keep the needless quotes to explain how you are poor but wish you could buy something out of the thread. People need to using the message feature.

Is it really so bothersome for someone to say this? I don't think I have ever have done so personally, but I've never seen someone write something like this and thought ill of them. There are some really choice items in here for great prices that I'm sure people lament not being able to afford.

SalvaPot

Ouch harsh.
While I personally would never back out of a deal like that due to value (and thus even if I found out I sold it for much to cheap just sell it anyways), I don't personally feel that this case truly warrants a negative feedback, but instead a neutral feedback with a note attached. As a negative feedback is basically a death to your ability to sell here. Yes this was a crappy move, but not so much that it feels like they should never do business again here. I mean a neutral feedback is already a pretty big black mark in this thread.

Money was exchanged, time was wasted and think of the feelings. THE FEELINGS. If I had paid for that Fire Emblem Wii I bought for less than ebay price and then the guy/gal canceled on me because he realized he could get $10 more I´ll be annoyed, since I would be excited to get it but now I have to start looking for it again.

The negative feedback sets an example: Don´t back out on a promised deal, its just not cool.

Flandy

A few weeks ago I had someone refund me my money shortly after our trade because they told me they wouldn't be able to get the item shipped within a reasonable amount of time. Does that warrant negative feedback....? Should they have asked me first before the refunded the cash?

zulux21

Honestly I'd prefer to know if someone has had a negative experience. FWIW I understand that negative feedback is a mark on someone's ability to sell here, but I would be totally okay with working with a person with negative feedback as long as they sent first. Negative feedback generally should be a warning to be very careful, not an indictment that the person is never permitted to use the thread again (for the most part).

To me that is what neutral feedback is. It's a warning to be very careful. I mean the neutral feedback list is tiny, and I imagine most people would never buy a more expensive item from a neutral feedback person unless they were very careful.

with our community here that negative mark is death. I don't think I have seen a person with a negative mark sell again in this thread unless it's some tiny item that people don't care if they get scammed out of or not.

I mean we have 3k+ members in good standing
only 8 with neutral standing
and only 16 with negative standing.

for most I wouldn't be surprised if the neutral and negative listings are basically the same as there are so few people on them compared to the rest (just a sign of how great the community is)

I mean in the end by my own statements here neutral vs negative is basically semantics, you are still unlikely to deal with anyone on that list unless they are willing to bend over backwards to accommodate you and make sure you have no fear with dealing with them. It's just a bit crazy to think someone is going to end up basically being blacklisted from here just because of basically just changing their mind.

Again as a seller I would have shipped the item at the agreed price period, but I don't think I would ever try to blacklist someone if an hour after they paid me for an item, before I have shipped it, if they contacted me and said they changed their mind and wanted a refund. Worst case I would have to request I keep the shipping cost if I had already packaged it and had it ready to go. Which to me would be the equivalent just from the other side.

Money was exchanged, time was wasted and think of the feelings. THE FEELINGS. If I had paid for that Fire Emblem Wii I bought for less than ebay price and then the guy/gal canceled on me because he realized he could get $10 more I´ll be annoyed, since I would be excited to get it but now I have to start looking for it again.

The negative feedback sets an example: Don´t back out on a promised deal, its just not cool.

I have watched it go down a couple times that someone sold something, money was exchanged, and then a refund had to be issued because the item was destroyed, or they couldn't locate the item, and in the past that didn't get negative feedback for the user,

So basically you guys want to punish this person for telling the truth instead of lying? I mean it was a crummy reason, but hardly a don't ever talk to this person reason. But whatever, just throwing my thoughts out there, it's not like this other user getting negative feedback effects me in any way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it really so bothersome for someone to say this? I don't think I have ever have done so personally, but I've never seen someone write something like this and thought ill of them. There are some really choice items in here for great prices that I'm sure people lament not being able to afford.

I absolutely hate responding to this but yeah, it is for some of us concentrating on purchasing or selling. Someone's posting doesn't need a "wow that's a great deal" or anything like that. I prefer this as more of a catalogue of what's for sale and not some chummy shit - that's what Community GAF is for. BUT I also realize not everyone feels the same way I do.

When I have some money burning a hole in my pocket, and I check BST and over half the posts aren't people selling or feedback...it bums me out.

I hope you don't take any of this the wrong way - it's just a preference for me. I prefer it to be complete business.

terrisus

I really do think Neutral should be used a bit more to be able to give general feedback, without it being a death mark.

Honestly, I have a couple of transactions where the person I was working with could've left Neutral feedback, and a couple where honestly I would've understood them leaving negative feedback.
Needless to say, I'm extremely glad they didn't, given the sort of Scarlet Letter that's given here.

maxcriden

I absolutely hate responding to this but yeah, it is for some of us concentrating on purchasing or selling. Someone's posting doesn't need a "wow that's a great deal" or anything like that. I prefer this as more of a catalogue of what's for sale and not some chummy shit - that's what Community GAF is for. BUT I also realize not everyone feels the same way I do.

When I have some money burning a hole in my pocket, and I check BST and over half the posts aren't people selling or feedback...it bums me out.

I hope you don't take any of this the wrong way - it's just a preference for me. I prefer it to be complete business.

Not sure why you hate responding to this. I was genuinely asking and I genuinely appreciate your taking the time to respond. I definitely was not trying to call you out in any rude fashion and I'm sorry if it read that way at all.

FWIW if you look back over the past 400 pages most of them are by far buying/selling/related questions about items and feedback. There's the rare off-topic convo but since there have been complaints they're more in check. I appreciate your perspective; I just personally think it's not too hard to search or skim the thread for listings and items of interest. IMO, skipping past OT convos is no different than skipping past item-related questions or feedback questions.

Anyway, wasn't trying to give you a hard time, and I am sorry if it came off that way. I appreciate your perspective.

To me that is what neutral feedback is. It's a warning to be very careful. I mean the neutral feedback list is tiny, and I imagine most people would never buy a more expensive item from a neutral feedback person unless they were very careful. *snip for quoting but I read the whole thing :)*

Good point. Yeah, it's a tough situation. I just want the buyer who got a bit screwed over to feel like they have *some* recourse here at least. I realize a neutral or negative feedback is going to be casting a harsh light on the recipient. I think probably it's just emblematic of this being such a damn good community that there's no good answer coming to mind. I'm a bit torn in thinking about it further, but all I know for myself is that I would give someone a second chance and I think having a negative or neutral feedback user send first is fairly reasonable.

terrisus

I don't necessarily disagree with your general view on things, but I think that having everything (Buying, Selling, Trading, Feedback - and, realistically, questions regarding things, people saying they're PMing, etc.) into one thread is invariably going to create a bit of a jumbled mess.

If we really want things to be organized and streamlined, mushing everything together into one thread isn't really the best way to go about it.

(Also, this thread is in Community >.>)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hate responding to it because I'm adding to the clutter. Shutting up now :)

To me that is what neutral feedback is. It's a warning to be very careful. I mean the neutral feedback list is tiny, and I imagine most people would never buy a more expensive item from a neutral feedback person unless they were very careful.

with our community here that negative mark is death. I don't think I have seen a person with a negative mark sell again in this thread unless it's some tiny item that people don't care if they get scammed out of or not.

I mean we have 3k+ members in good standing
only 8 with neutral standing
and only 16 with negative standing.

for most I wouldn't be surprised if the neutral and negative listings are basically the same as there are so few people on them compared to the rest (just a sign of how great the community is)

I mean in the end by my own statements here neutral vs negative is basically semantics, you are still unlikely to deal with anyone on that list unless they are willing to bend over backwards to accommodate you and make sure you have no fear with dealing with them. It's just a bit crazy to think someone is going to end up basically being blacklisted from here just because of basically just changing their mind.

Again as a seller I would have shipped the item at the agreed price period, but I don't think I would ever try to blacklist someone if an hour after they paid me for an item, before I have shipped it, if they contacted me and said they changed their mind and wanted a refund. Worst case I would have to request I keep the shipping cost if I had already packaged it and had it ready to go. Which to me would be the equivalent just from the other side.

I have watched it go down a couple times that someone sold something, money was exchanged, and then a refund had to be issued because the item was destroyed, or they couldn't locate the item, and in the past that didn't get negative feedback for the user,

So basically you guys want to punish this person for telling the truth instead of lying? I mean it was a crummy reason, but hardly a don't ever talk to this person reason. But whatever, just throwing my thoughts out there, it's not like this other user getting negative feedback effects me in any way.

Thanks for your opinion, I really do appreciate hearing thoughts on both sides. Before doing anything, I wanted to hear what others thought. Still debating on how to handle it.

I'm more curious about what it was than who.

That's the thing. It's not a large sum of money. He went from asking $8 to refunding and saying he would still sell it but for $20.

zulux21

I don't mind so much with the great deal stuff as long as people don't quote a bunch of images. I can scan quickly past small posts, not a big deal, but it's really annoying when I see a bunch of the same picture as I am scrolling down @_@

It also drives me nuts to see struck out items, especially if they sold them multiple reposts ago and they have a giant list. If you sold all but one of your games in an image you should likely take a new picture, not cross out the other 9 games and keep posting the same image :p

I'm personally responding to some stuff right now because we are at the end of the thread and should have a new one soon, and everyone will just repost everything in the new thread, so it doesn't seem like a bad time to discuss some things related to the thread.

I'm going to side with zulux on this one. I feel like Negative feedback is far from necessary here.

If the guy had took the money, held it for a week or two, and then refunded it, I could see leaving negative. The way it looks though, it was probably refunded the same day it was sent. A super crappy thing to do? Yes. But it really wasn't all that harmful.

maxcriden

Heh, fair enough. Thanks for your response, regardless.

I don't mind so much with the great deal stuff as long as people don't quote a bunch of images. I can scan quickly past small posts, not a big deal, but it's really annoying when I see a bunch of the same picture as I am scrolling down @_@

It also drives me nuts to see struck out items, especially if they sold them multiple reposts ago and they have a giant list. If you sold all but one of your games in an image you should likely take a new picture, not cross out the other 9 games and keep posting the same image :p

These are my two personal pet peeves as well, mainly when combined as crossed-out items and large pics in one post. Really for readability and most importantly pics just take a while to load.

SmokeMaxX

Yeah I think negative feedback is a bit harsh even if the actions definitely deserve to be frowned upon. It seems more like a neutral feedback type of thing except I think most people on here view neutral feedback as basically an extension of negative feedback. I don't know. He didn't scam you but he did waste your time. Money did exchange hands but it looks like it was promptly refunded so there was no ill intent. Actions like this should definitely be discouraged, but just not sure I can get behind a negative unless the user had a pattern of such behavior. I'm a big fan of just throwing the situation out there and calling the user out. Maybe a warning. Personally, it's hard for me to leave neutral/negative feedback over one incident unless I've been scammed. Might just be me though.

As for the large pictures problem- if you host on Photobucket, they provide the thumbnail option for all pictures. I do that with all of my pics that I personally host. Any stock photo that I get off of google, I find the smallest version possible because everyone hates huge pictures and even a quoted image is pretty big.

I'm going to side with zulux on this one. I feel like Negative feedback is far from necessary here.

If the guy had took the money, held it for a week or two, and then refunded it, I could see leaving negative. The way it looks though, it was probably refunded the same day it was sent. A super crappy thing to do? Yes. But it really wasn't all that harmful.

Do you feel neutral feedback is warranted?

Good point. Yeah, it's a tough situation. I just want the buyer who got a bit screwed over to feel like they have *some* recourse here at least. I realize a neutral or negative feedback is going to be casting a harsh light on the recipient. I think probably it's just emblematic of this being such a damn good community that there's no good answer coming to mind. I'm a bit torn in thinking about it further, but all I know for myself is that I would give someone a second chance and I think having a negative or neutral feedback user send first is fairly reasonable.

It is a tough spot. I do feel there should be some recourse for tbis type of behavior but want to be sure the "punishment fits the crime", so to speak.

Heh, fair enough. Thanks for your response, regardless.

These are my two personal pet peeves as well, mainly when combined as crossed-out items and large pics in one post. Really for readability and most importantly pics just take a while to load.

Yeah. I don't mind the talking posts because it helps foster the community, but some people really do need to have better housekeeping of their reposts.

turbocat

I have 700 Club Nintendo coins. I'm willing to purchase whatever games I can for you. PM me with what games and how much you're willing to pay. PayPal only. Thanks!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
That's the thing. It's not a large sum of money. He went from asking $8 to refunding and saying he would still sell it but for $20.

Sheesh, not worth the extra $12 on a done deal.
I'd give neutral feedback personally since the money had already been exchanged.. Crappy thing to do.

Sheesh, not worth the extra $12 on a done deal.
I'd give neutral feedback personally since the money had already been exchanged.. Crappy thing to do.

Yea, I was pretty stunned. Especially since he agreed around 12 and I didn't send the funds until around 8. That left plenty of time to back out before I sent the funds...

Yes, I don't see a problem with Neutral feedback. I definitely see both sides of the argument, but I feel like Neutral is a better response overall.

Thanks!

jordn613

Unconfirmed Member
WTS

Grim Fandango promotional poster

Audyssey Lower East Side Media Speakers - $110 shipped
I no longer have the box or manual, so these will be shipped with the two speakers and power cable only. They're great sounding desktop speakers that had universally excellent reviews but are now discontinued. I'll cover shipping.

White Nintendo DS Lite and case (no charger included)- $28 shipped

Less gaming related but I also have a Velodyne EQ-Max 8 subwoofer, for $210 shipped. If you want more info or pics, PM me!

terrisus

Blah, no new thread yet, and I had a nice post for the beginning of it =(

Oh well, I'll catch it in the morning (or if I wake up during the night >.>)

didamangi

Have steam gifts (Region free):
- Timeshift $5
- Gun $5
- Don't Starve Together $3
- Meltdown $2
- Star Wars Empire At War: Gold Pack steam key $4
- Amnesia A Machine For Pigs steam key $4
- Grid steam key $2.5

Want:
Paypal

finalflame

WTB:

Codes worth 70 Club Nintendo coins. Not sure what these are going for these days, but shoot me a PM with reasonable offers.

GRaider81

Reduced vita down to £80

Want to sell

Smash Bros Wii U and boxed Mario Amiibo £40 Ono (shipped)

PS Vita + 4GB card+ Killzone Mercs. All boxed. Couple of very light scratches on back and front. Nothing major.

£80 ONO (shipped)

Selling these Transformer collection pieces.

Link to other photos. http://s934.photobucket.com/user/Raider1874/library/Transformers colection?sort=3&page=1

Looking for £100 ish each plus postage but willing to discuss prices. Will post to US but will need to give you a postage quote.

Both are in superb condition though they have been opened and transformed once. They were then put back in box and have been in storage the last 12 years or so.

Want to Sell: (PM me reasonable offers) All are USA items.

Fizzie plush from Sunset Overdrive

pCKRGek.jpg

Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection Wii - New

uRHwwMh.jpg

.Hack//Quarantine PS2 - New

Azvo9up.jpg

Xenoblade Wii with Pre-order Artbook - New

Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection Vita - New

Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition + CE Guide PS3 - New

NieR Replicant PS3 - Like New

Idolm@ster PS3 - Like New

Tales of Symphonia Collector's Edition PS3 - New

PS3 Games - Like New except when noted
Atelier Ayesha
Atelier Escha and Logy
Atelier Rorona (original)
Atelier Totori (Limited Edition)
Atelier Meruru (New with Artbook)
Valkyria Chronicles
Soul Calibur V
Star Ocean The Last Hope International
Heavy Rain Directors Cut (sealed)

PS3 Imports
Initial D Arcade Stage
Samurai Warriors 3 Empires (New)

NieR
Warriors Orochi 2
Eternal Sonata
Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga
Dragon's Dogma

Dreamcast
Rival Schools - Project Justice
Power Stone 2
Soul Calibur
Garou Mark of the Wolves (US Version)

Vita
Virtue's Last Reward

GBA
Castlevania Circle of the Moon
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

Amiibo - Captian Falcon, Diddy Kong, Little Mac, Pit, Rosalina, Sheik - Looking to trade 2 of these listed for a US Marth or Villager

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward Watches I have all Four colors Blue, Red, Green and Yellow. all new, only opened to see which color and to make sure it properly worked. Will sell separately or as a complete package.

Anime

Golden Time Collection 1 - Like New

r0av9Q8.jpg

Want to Buy

Akiba's Trip PS4 - 25 dollars shipped

Bayonetta 2 (with Bayo 1 included) - 30 shipped

Fairy Fencer F PS3 - 20 dollars shipped

Walking Dead Season 1 or 2 PS4 - 15 shipped

Amiibo - USA Marth or Villager - Willing to trade two of the 5 amiibos I have listed above for one.

Kampfer Complete Blu-Ray collection - 20 shipped

WTB: Steam Keys

Prey
Clive Barker's: Jericho
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Prototype

Terrisus, time for you to come to my rescue. I've burned out on Burnout after putting lots of hours into it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I won't lock the thread just yet so people can conclude business transactions but please migrate to the new thread.

ekgrey

Okay ya'll, all feedback in this thread has been recorded. I won't be checking here again so please make sure to post in the new one. See you on the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom