• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'A to Z' (Cristin Millioti, Ben Feldman): 500 Days of Summer meets HIMYM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

a-to-z.jpg

My friend just showed me this pilot and I had no idea about it at all. Honestly, I've been pretty burned out by romantic sitcoms, so when she told me about this I was kinda iffy. But then she described it to me perfectly, "It's 500 Days of Summer meets How I Met Your Mother."

IT EVEN STARS THE MOTHER.

After watching the pilot, I am sold. It was pretty good. They even tell you straight up that "this television program will encompass their relationship" or whatever, and that they will break up in eight months and three weeks so it sets a focus on course. I believe they'll learn from the mistakes of HIMYM and not do stupid delaying of the finale. It would be nice if the first season covered the whole eight months and then do some new gimmick for the second season or something. If HIMYM left a hole in your heart that you need to fill with a TV fix, this looks like your best bet.

Check it out on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/watch/674313#i0,p0,d0

After this, Community, and the Selfie thread, can I be the Cornballer of cheesy single-camera sitcoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom