• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 - Pre-Release press streams

Odah

Banned
from the stream: (not sure if already known so I put it behind a spoiler)

You can get credits (exp?) by doing photos from other cars

mrklaw

MrArseFace
does it only show one checkpoint at a time? Would be good to see where the next one will be so you can start your turn before going through a checkpoint.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
limited to 1 hour streams? disappointing if true because it'll be just the demo content all over again..

Gonna have to rent this. I really can't stand 30FPS racers, but damn that looks good. I'll give it a rental and pick it up if I really like it.

derFeef

Some of those streams.... I sometimes wonder if people know there are ANALOGUE triggers on the controllers. Always full throttle, no matter what... lol

shandy706

Some of those streams.... I sometimes wonder if people know there are ANALOGUE triggers on the controllers. Always full throttle, no matter what... lol

Half the time people don't seem to know the joystick has a full range of motion left to right either. It's 100% right/left or dead center.

Not sure if its just me but I really don't feel the full spectrum of control on those triggers as I do in Forza Motorsport. Maybe I'll grow to, but acceleration and deceleration are both less tactile in Horizon - I don't get as much a sense of feedback when feathering. Going to have to give the demo another go (oh noes!) to test out some more drifting.

And is there no rumble to shifting gears?

Turning with the sticks feels just as precise though.

One question though: Can you only "reset damage" when damage is set to simulation? Is that just a demo thing or is the full game like that?

I think I'll stop watching anymore streams now and delete the demo. In danger of over saturating with the first hour of the game.

Top Bottom